RCT Discussion / OpenRCT: advantages and disadvantages

• X7123M3-256%s's Photo

I believe they are in OpenRCT2/object (they used to be buried in AppData somewhere, but I think that's changed now). It took me ages to figure it out as well; my suggestion is, if you can't find it, search your computer for the name of the DAT. There's probably only a few places it appears.

• posix%s's Photo

Okay, so it's...

%AppData%\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\RollerCoaster Tycoon 2\ObjData

...where I'd guess your chosen RCT2 install path is what matters.

• bigshootergill%s's Photo

Can someone remind me how to use the 'Console' to adjust the track types? I want to change coaster track into crooked house to make it invisible. Thanks!

• G Force%s's Photo

I should probably get on updating my Open tutorial...

But real quick, Cheats --.> Ride Cheats --> "Allow arbitrary ride type change".  Click on the ride and it should be self explanatory from there, just be careful as its a bit finnicky.

Ok, pretty simple. Thanks!

• X7123M3-256%s's Photo

I still prefer the console command to the cheat because it's quicker to type it in than to scroll through all the ride types to find what you need. It'd be better to have a drop down menu, but unfortunately it exceeds the entry limit.

• Broxzier%s's Photo

There are plans for adding a search bar to the dropdown lists, so that you can easily find the option you want.

https://github.com/O...nRCT2/pull/4737 Has just been merged into the live version, so in a moment you will be able to copy and paste elements with the tile inspector.

Copy and freakin' paste! Holy crap that's amazing!

EDIT: Any chance we can copy an entire tile in the future, rather than one object at a time?

• Broxzier%s's Photo

I'm not sure if that should really be part of the tile inspector then, as this tool is for selecting a single element. There are plans for saving scenery for re-use though, much like saved tracks, so once those are made (which can take a while) you can use that, which should give way more freedom (multiple elements, multiple tiles, variable base height, and mirror/rotating to name a few).

Ok cool.

By the way, the more I use the tile inspector, the more blown away I am as to how easy it is to use, to make adjustments/hacks to the park. It's unreal! What a great addition to OpenRCT!!!! You guys rock!!!! 8)

• disneylandian192%s's Photo

Copy and freakin' paste! Holy crap that's amazing!

EDIT: Any chance we can copy an entire tile in the future, rather than one object at a time?

Definitely sweet. I think I was hoping for something where you've built a big structure out of custom scenery, but realize you wish you had built it on the other side of the map. You can select each tile that you want to copy the data from (perhaps when selecting you have the see through scenery view to make seeing the tiles easier) then when you paste it appears exactly as you copied. Maybe this would just be custom scenery, or maybe it would copy ALL data for that tile including water, ground type, etc.

I understand that this is well beyond the scope of the tile inspector but if this was doable this would be SO amazing. 

• BelgianGuy%s's Photo

I may have missed this, but is there any option to have all entertainers in open rct and to freeze staff?

• X7123M3-256%s's Photo
    Freezing staff is definitely possible, I don't know about the entertainers.
  • Liampie%s's Photo
    Really!? When was that implemented?
  • X7123M3-256%s's Photo

Not sure exactly, I first heard about it around the time this was released

• janisozaur%s's Photo

it was implemented in ea7e91a

• Liampie%s's Photo
    How does it work? I can't find it.

As far as I know those hacks in Splashdown are done with 8cars.
  • janisozaur%s's Photo
    staff set energy <staff id> [value 0-255]
  • BelgianGuy%s's Photo

so it's a console thing?

• X7123M3-256%s's Photo

As far as I know those hacks in Splashdown are done with 8cars.

That's not what inthemanual said. I wasn't aware of the feature at that time either, as far as I can tell it was fairly new then. That was the first I heard of it. It's used to great effect in that park, but I've never had a need for it myself.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading