RCT Discussion / OpenRCT: advantages and disadvantages

• BelgianGuy%s's Photo
    Ok cool I'll have to figure that out then... is there any way of getting all the entertainers free in the game because without those I can't really use the freeze stuff
  • janisozaur%s's Photo

What do you mean?

• X7123M3-256%s's Photo
    Normally, certain entertainers are only available when the corresponding scenery group is selected, e.g the gorilla costume can only be selected if the jungle scenery is available. He's asking if there's a way to override that.
  • BelgianGuy%s's Photo

exactly, like making it possible to have every entertainer option available even if those scenery groups are not in the save

• X7123M3-256%s's Photo
    I don't know if there's a cheat to do it, but you can just select the scenery group, place the entertainer, then deselect the scenery group. The entertainer's costume won't change. If you don't have a free scenery group slot this won't work though.
  • janisozaur%s's Photo

https://github.com/O...nRCT2/pull/4901

• BelgianGuy%s's Photo

so it's available in the console? we really need a tutorial about that thing...

• X7123M3-256%s's Photo

It wasn't available in the console, but it looks like janisozaur has just implemented it, so it is now (or at least will be when that PR is merged).

Documentation for the console is still lacking, but the implementation is entirely contained within console.c, so you can always check there for an up to date list of commands.

• janisozaur%s's Photo
    We have released v0.0.5 https://www.reddit.c...stable_release/
  • posix%s's Photo

Super, good work!

• Tom_Dj%s's Photo

where are the 'giant screenshot' files stored on mac? Can't seem to find them even if i search in the finder by name

• Cocoa%s's Photo

in the new update it says you can import .sv4 files. I'm sure its been answered before but I can't find it anywhere- how do I do this? I tried just opening them and it crashes, is there something I've got to do to them?

• G Force%s's Photo
    Not all files can be opened, but most can I believe. Try opening like Discovery Bay, should work just fine.
  • posix%s's Photo

I opened some of my parks and they work, but it's still unusable in that wall textures and path supports are missing. So when people used certain path types as awnings it just looks very wrong in ORCT.

I still think we need a REAL LL mode, not an SV4 in RCT2 thing. An OpenLL that actually embraces the LL game files and nature.

• X7123M3-256%s's Photo

I opened some of my parks and they work, but it's still unusable in that wall textures and path supports are missing.

Yes, that's because those things cannot be implemented until the save format is changed. There is no room in the SV6 format to add those things. They will probably be introduced at some point after a new save format is developed.

This game is still a long way from supporting LL parks fully, but I think the goal is still to have that eventually.
  • nicman%s's Photo

Openrct2 is now constantly crashing in multiplayer.

• janisozaur%s's Photo
    File a bug
  • Gymnasiast%s's Photo

in the new update it says you can import .sv4 files. I'm sure its been answered before but I can't find it anywhere- how do I do this? I tried just opening them and it crashes, is there something I've got to do to them?

Which build are you on? (That's displayed in the title screen.)
    Have you tried multiple files? And where they hacked?
    Normally, you would just load them like any other file. If it doesn't work, try the system dialog window instead.
    By the way, it should never crash, so if it does, please file an issue on Github so we can solve it.

I opened some of my parks and they work, but it's still unusable in that wall textures and path supports are missing. So when people used certain path types as awnings it just looks very wrong in ORCT.

I still think we need a REAL LL mode, not an SV4 in RCT2 thing. An OpenLL that actually embraces the LL game files and nature.

So because some surface and wall textures are missing it's "unusable"? That's quite an exaggeration if you ask me.
    By the way, I have said numerous times that we will move to our own format which will be able to handle SV4 and SV6 features, and a whole lot more. But since we're not there, we can only import SV4 files within the constraints of SV6 for the time being.

By the way, another RCT1 (and RCTC) piece got implemented yesterday: boosters! No need to hack chain lifts any more. Do note that it's not vanilla-compatible.

• GammaZero%s's Photo

By the way, another RCT1 (and RCTC) piece got implemented yesterday: boosters! No need to hack chain lifts any more. Do note that it's not vanilla-compatible.

Did I ever mention I love you guys?

• RWE%s's Photo

Great feature! Makes things much easier!

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading