RCT Discussion / OpenRCT: advantages and disadvantages

• Kumba%s's Photo

I don't see it anywhere on the cheats menu...

• Iron Rattler%s's Photo

You have to add the gold shovel to the toolbar by selecting add cheats to the toolbar under options. Then when you click on the shovel the drop down menu will have remove clearances on it.

• Kumba%s's Photo

Got it! Thanks guys. 

• Recurious%s's Photo

Hey guys, I have a bit of an issue with OpenRCT2. Ever since I switched to the OpenRCT2 launcher and have my OpenRCT2 updated everytime I start the game, I can't open save games anymore. (This has been going on for about a month now). If I try to open any park in openrct2 the title sequence just starts over and no park gets opened. I can open my parks just fine in vanilla rct (that is, those parks which are still vanilla compatible). Did anyone ever have this problem before and does anyone know how to fix this?

• nicman%s's Photo

Hey guys, I have a bit of an issue with OpenRCT2. Ever since I switched to the OpenRCT2 launcher and have my OpenRCT2 updated everytime I start the game, I can't open save games anymore. (This has been going on for about a month now). If I try to open any park in openrct2 the title sequence just starts over and no park gets opened. I can open my parks just fine in vanilla rct (that is, those parks which are still vanilla compatible). Did anyone ever have this problem before and does anyone know how to fix this?

I did have a problem were the launcher messed up openrct2, that's why ever since I just download periodic updates. 

• janisozaur%s's Photo

@Recurious any chance the parks in question use addons and you have made OpenRCT2 use vanilla?

Check the logs too, any missing objects will get reported to stdout or errors, if there happen to be any.

• Recurious%s's Photo

@Janisozaur The parks in question were built in OpenRCT2, no add-ons were used. I did not change anything except for updating my OpenRCT2 build.

I do not see any errors, the loading sequence just starts over and nothing else. I don't think the problem is in missing objects though, since I am able to open a couple of parks which use the same bench as the parks I can not open.

• Broxzier%s's Photo

Did you check the output in the console? If there are no errors there, try running the game with the --verbose flag, try to open a park that fails, and check the output again.

• Liampie%s's Photo

I'm glad it's not me having a problem because this all sounds like Chinese to me.

• RWE%s's Photo
    I know what you're talking about, Rec! I had also problems like that with some parks. I don't remember which ones though.
  • Gymnasiast%s's Photo

Today, code was merged to import SV4 and SC4 files with vehicles intact, as well as a lot of small fixes. Even hacked parks should mostly work.

e3Mh9If.png

• Steve%s's Photo
    Wait, not sure what you mean. So we can use OpenRCT2 to view/build LL parks?
  • G Force%s's Photo
    You can view and build on them. However it's not backwards compatible and not everything transfers over, like all the path and land types.
  • janisozaur%s's Photo

@Steve yes, we can import them, but they get converted to sv6 internally. There are some limits to what can be done due to differences in what content is stored in sv4 and sv6, but this is best effort.

http://www.nedesigns...3547/luna-park/ I have imported this park to OpenRCT2 and it looks like this: https://imgur.com/a/5vO9R

• Kumba%s's Photo

Would LL parks be loaded like normal parks? Open is crashing when I try to open my design, which admittedly is very hacked, but not more than Luna Park. 

• janisozaur%s's Photo

Which one?

• janisozaur%s's Photo

I assume you mean this one: http://www.nedesigns...nean-mysteries/ and I have already fixed it.

• ][ntamin22%s's Photo

Probably Musket.

• Sephiroth%s's Photo
    No offense guys but you have to communicate clearly or jan is not going to understand. The information which both Kumba and ][ failed to provide is that this design, called Musket, has not been released. Not trying to be an ass, just want to remind people that not everyone that posts on this site is familiar with NE's "cultural" facts like who is working on what, etc. If there's one thing I've learned at work, it's that communication is key. I've noticed this type of problem a few times when people like jan try to ask for more information about a problem and I usually don't say anything hoping someone thinks to point out a simple fact that may be obvious to the regular members, but that jan isn't familiar with. Unfortunately, it usually doesn't happen. Talk clearly folks, and the dev process will go much smoother. :)
  • Kumba%s's Photo

Yeah, my bad. I was talking about Musket, a design I am still working on. janisozaur, want me to PM it to you to see what's up with it?

Great to see LL open in Open, just the land textures not showing is a little funky. Still pretty awesome! 

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading