NE Olympics '16 / July 7th: 50x50 Improvising

• Zaiush%s's Photo

did we literally get beaten to being the first vaporwave park on NE? fml

Edit: Only one not working immediately for me is What Lurks, but all the parks are making awesome stuff out of the workbench. I can make a compelling argument for almost all the teams to get my vote.

• G Force%s's Photo

These parks are both good and awful.  Can't really tell which at the moment.  

Abu Al Sheikh Amusement park and Vernon Disney's Magic Realm are definitely my top two though, followed by Parkmeni Studios in a distant third.

"What Lurks" doesn't seem to work in OpenRCT for me, I've tried multiple versions but can't get it to run.

• Tolsimir%s's Photo

What Lurks will only work on normal RCT

• G Force%s's Photo

What Lurks will only work on normal RCT

Doesn't that disqualify the park then?

4 Park Content 4.1 - All RCT2 entries must be compatible with both OpenRCT and the default game, compatible meaning that the parks can be viewed without triggering error trappers

Or did this rule change within the last few days? 

• Iron Rattler%s's Photo

I find it funny that of the seven parks two went for bad movie studio ideas and two went for Asian ideas. The main street and entrance area of Vernon's Realm was my favorite part of any of the parks and earned my vote. What lurks was the next best entry for me. It was really atmospheric and the creatures in the water were a nice touch. All of the parks were great though and looked good under the circumstances.

• Tolsimir%s's Photo

See the poll opening post. Seems like Liam did not want to disqualify his own park (even though it's my mistake) :p

• Liampie%s's Photo

No. Read the announcement on the previous page.

• G Force%s's Photo

So your just going to change the rules so your park will be allowed then?  Seems fair.

• Recurious%s's Photo

Tbf I couldn't open most of these parks on the vanilla version either

• Liampie%s's Photo

Yes G Force I'll bend the rules as far as I can to make sure Parkmenistan will win. Obviously there's no better feeling in the world than winning by cheating. It's my favourite thing to do.

Recurious, were there any parks you couldn't open in either game?

• Jaguar%s's Photo

Yes G Force I'll bend the rules as far as I can to make sure Parkmenistan will win. Obviously there's no better feeling in the world than winning by cheating. It's my favourite thing to do.

I'm glad you enjoyed the vertical sprint!

• G Force%s's Photo

Recurious, were there any parks you couldn't open in either game?

Dude what's your deal?  I just don't get why you changed the rules after the submission date to benefit your team?  

The other entries with the WW issue kind of all more into a bench issue than an actual park issue and shouldn't be effected by the rule.  Your park is the only one that actually seems to break the rule through the park itself.

• RWE%s's Photo
    Lol this contest is almost as unfair as the real olympics.
  • Scoop%s's Photo

I found all these entries rather kind of blah. Nothing really stands out.

• Liampie%s's Photo

My deal is that we can't seem to do anything right and that you didn't even read my post on the previous page before throwing around accusations again. I don't think it matters what I say because everyone always has his opinion ready.

• csw%s's Photo

It seems to me that OpenRCT2 has caused more problems than good in this contest.

• G Force%s's Photo

My deal is that we can't seem to do anything right and that you didn't even read my post on the previous page before throwing around accusations again. I don't think it matters what I say because everyone always has his opinion ready.

I did read your initial post first actually, I just assumed it was because of the WW Vanilla RCT problem.  Which is understandable.  However I didn't think it would extend to a park literally not working because of an error trapper in OpenRCT due to something the builders did in the park.  That feel a bit unfair to me.  Everyone followed the rules except for the unavoidable WW issue except for the "What Lurks" park... and the builder of that map happens to change the rules to the event right before the parks are released?  

I could care less about the results of this even or the contest, but someone breaking the rules then changing them that to directly benefit their team is the definition "child like."

• Zaiush%s's Photo

That park working or not, we appear to have six entries that need some reviewing. I know all of us who worked on Long Hegu, since it is the debut of so many of us, are interested in any and all feedback you guys have.

• Iron Rattler%s's Photo
    Zaiush. Do you have any kind of breakdown of who built what? With so many builders I'm curious what parts everyone built. The style was pretty cohesive
  • G Force%s's Photo

That park working or not, we appear to have six entries that need some reviewing. I know all of us who worked on Long Hegu, since it is the debut of so many of us, are interested in any and all feedback you guys have.

I'm going to try to do a review stream this Saturday for these parks along with a some highlights from the earlier rounds.  I've been really bad with reviews so far and need to do something to make up for that.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading