• G Force
    • GammaZero
    • Lilith
    • Cocoa
    • RWE
    • CHE
    Percentage of vote: 52.63%
  • Iron Rattler%s's Photo

I really enjoyed RNP. I was hoping somebody would produce a LL entry for this one and CSW delivered. It managed to do a good job of making every part of the large map have some unique feature and not be repetitive and boring. 

Via Lecta was definitely a risky decision by Jaguar but it was just too cool and unique for me to not vote for it. It was extremely ambitious and executed great with almost no feedback or input given by our team. 

Liam's entry was pretty cool and varied for only being built in an hour. Definitely a great way to earn nine points for Parkmenistan in a hurry. 

I really could see either our entry or RNP taking this one as they were both fantastic entries

• FredD%s's Photo

Parkmenistan

This was rather disappointing. It's clearly it is built in one hour because we all know Liam can do way better. Landscape is blocky, and that one palm tree is ugly as shit. 

Kingdom of Ni

My mouth dropped open... This was overwhelming! For a space fan like me, it's so fucking cool. Without doubt one of the most original submissions for a NE contest in the last years. So many cool details. Clearly the winner, without a doubt.

I have to search my rct1 disc to open Relaxembourg's park but since Liam's submissions was a bit of a joke and Jaguar's one was so amazing, it won't change my mind. 

By the way...

Landscape

A picture depicting an expanse of scenery.

Expanse

A wide and open extent, as of surface, land, or sky.

So yes, Via Lactea counts as a landscape.

• G Force%s's Photo

Parkmenistan

This was rather disappointing. It's clearly it is built in one hour because we all know Liam can do way better. Landscape is blocky, and that one palm tree is ugly as shit. 

Kingdom of Ni

My mouth dropped open... This was overwhelming! For a space fan like me, it's so fucking cool. Without doubt one of the most original submissions for a NE contest in the last years. So many cool details. Clearly the winner, without a doubt.

I have to search my rct1 disc to open Relaxembourg's park but since Liam's submissions was a bit of a joke and Jaguar's one was so amazing, it won't change my mind. 

By the way...

Landscape

A picture depicting an expanse of scenery.

Expanse

A wide and open extent, as of surface, land, or sky.

So yes, Via Lactea counts as a landscape.

Its easy to find definitions to fit whatever point you want to prove:

landscape
    noun
    a section or expanse of rural scenery, usually extensive, that can beseen from a single viewpoint.

rural
    adjective

• in, relating to, or characteristic of the countryside rather than the town.

So no, Via Lactea does not count as a landscape

• FredD%s's Photo

To me, a landscape isn't bound to land... 

• G Force%s's Photo

There are two main definitions of a landscape, the one that you posted and the one I posted.  Its either referring to the "work" of a landscape, aka a painting or photograph.  Or its simply an expanse of space, which is the definition you posted.  

Technically Via Lactea fits 1 of the 2 main definitions, while the other two maps fit both definitions.  Just up to opinion if you are looking for the first definition, or the 2nd one...   Personally I was looking for the first definition.

• Liampie%s's Photo
    It's not an exact science and there's no such thing as an 'official' definition. Up to you
  • FredD%s's Photo

If landscaping has multiple meanings, fitting one of them should be enough. 

• alex%s's Photo

Fred if you're not gonna view all the parks you shouldn't really vote.

• Cocoa%s's Photo

living the life:

I guess the overview looks fine? as in its pretty shit to be fair :p . I reckon if I was doing just an hour I would make something much smaller. idk

relaxembourg national park:

so pretty! I would love to go there in real life. just so nice all around, although I'm not sure how the water gets to the top of the mesa!

via lactea:

I loved all the physics stuff around here! I would have done the central bulge differently (probably an actual bulge and with a central bar) but I appreciated that it was mostly yellow, you definitely put thought into all the sciency bits. lots of cool things to see, especially the moving stars and the space station/ships were really excellent. I guess its a bit ambiguous about how much of a landscape it is but i reckon its fine and I enjoyed it anyway so kudos to you

• Faas%s's Photo

I would make something smaller

Check out the title of this round.
  • GammaZero%s's Photo
    Faas, I think he meant that he couldn't have made something of this size in one hour.
  • Sephiroth%s's Photo

Via Lactea is my favorite release on this site in a long time.

• FredD%s's Photo

Fred if you're not gonna view all the parks you shouldn't really vote.

I do agree but... Via Lactea is one of the best releases in general this year/best submissions to a NE contest in my opinion. And Living the life was disappointing. I think wether I view Relaxembourg's park or not, my choice is made. I do have a rct1 disc laying around and will open it though. 

• GammaZero%s's Photo

If landscaping has multiple meanings, fitting one of them should be enough. 

I think definition should come from the word itself. Landscaping has the word "land" in it, so I at least expected to see land :p But going for another definition is fine I guess. 

• Louis!%s's Photo

Unbelievable how tight this is. 9-9. Wow.

• bigshootergill%s's Photo

There was a tie for gold in women's 100m freestyle swimming in Rio, so why not a tie for first in NE Olympics :)

• Liampie%s's Photo
    Because Fred threw his votes away.
  • Scoop%s's Photo

It's kind of obvious which two are the best of the three and honestly I'm kind of confused as to why via isn't beating the competition outright with out contest. I agree with both parties. Fred you should have looked at all of the parks, but I also think the winner is obvious without looking at the parks. Kind of like the biathlon. You could instantly tell that last days was going to win. Also since it's said and done I don't think there is a point to arguing about it. Just fix the mistake for the next go around.

• Louis!%s's Photo

It's kind of obvious which two are the best of the three and honestly I'm kind of confused as to why via isn't beating the competition outright with out contest. I agree with both parties. Fred you should have looked at all of the parks, but I also think the winner is obvious without looking at the parks.

Isn't that a bit conflicting?

Clearly, the winner isn't obvious without looking at the parks as people who have viewed both parks are split on who should win.

• Lilith%s's Photo
    I think liampie is the real winner here, free 9 points with minimal effort

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading