RCT Discussion / Ghosts of RCT-Guide's past......

• Dimi%s's Photo

I've always liked Ruben's work a lot. It was never impressive but always so atmospheric. I still have a savegame if you want, slightly older than the time these screenshots were taken I think.

• Jappy%s's Photo

You do?? Of De Dwezelaar????? Please, send me! My RCT life would be complete!

• Dimi%s's Photo

Haha ok. I bet Ruben would be flattered.

• Sulakke%s's Photo

Somehow I see these last two pages for the first time now. I remember the Yoran park. Was blown away by his screens, and I still am.

Cool that you still have my old screens, Dimi! Did you see the other topic I opened on Monday? Would be great if you have some additional screenshots of those parks or other amazing parks.

I found save games for Midgard and Goldbeach this weekend. I'll post them here when I'm home. I couldn't open Ihme Jarvea, as it was build with expansion packs (don't ask me why). I do have screens of the park, though. Will upload them as well.

• Liampie%s's Photo

Somehow I see these last two pages for the first time now. Cool that you still have my old screens, Dimi! Did you see the other topic I opened on Monday? Would be great if you have some additional screenshots of those parks or other amazing parks.

I found save games for Midgard and Goldbeach this weekend. I'll post them here when I'm home. I couldn't open Ihme Jarvea, as it was build with expansion packs (don't ask me why). I do have screens of the park, though. Will upload them as well.

Upload Goldbeach and Midgard to the database! And send IhmeJarvea my way, it's probably possible to make it expansions-free.
  • Sulakke%s's Photo

I'll upload them to the database. They both are a complete mess, though. No wonder I never finished my parks. Not sure if I transfered Ihme Jarvea to my current computer. Otherwise, I will do that this weekend.

• Liampie%s's Photo
    If you have ANY other Guide parks, released or unreleased, could you send them over?
  • Sulakke%s's Photo

The only other park I found was a large Efterling recreation build in the scenario editor, but I'm pretty sure you already have that in your possession, right?

There's an even older computer at my parents' house with parks dating from the Ultimate Tycoon era. There are some lost RCT Fusion parks on it as well, I believe. I couldn't get it working properly, though. I hope my father or brother will.

• Dimi%s's Photo

Sulakke, I've seen the topic but I've never seen those parks before so I can't help you there. I have to say I can't wait to see the Midgard savegame, and Ihme Jarveä would be cool too.

Liampie, I'll send you a list of all the Guide parks I still have, I doubt it but maybe there are still some you don't have yet.

• Faas%s's Photo

Great news. Thanks for instigating this Jappy. 

• mintliqueur%s's Photo

Damn, those Ruben screens are really nice!

• Chrixz%s's Photo

Hmm might as well have a look through my save file folder I still have some very old RCTMiracles and RCTguide stuff. I'll keep you posted, anybody know of Madtopia? I still got the save file for it such incredible work for how old it is ;)

• Jappy%s's Photo

Great news. Thanks for instigating this Jappy. 

No problem Faas, now let's hope these precious little gems from long ago are added to the database!

I have more Dwezelaar scans coming up, but for today, I have something special which needs your identification. From what I remember this was not a specific park, but from someone who started a theming company. So I guess it's from Ultimate Tycoon?

RCTGuide14.png

• Faas%s's Photo

The hideous colours make me think Levis or maybe Paul. 

• Liampie%s's Photo
    Definitely not either of them.

This is the most stereotypical mediocre RCT-Guide work, great example of what was main stream.

I don't think this is a big name.
  • Dimi%s's Photo

Almost impossible to name the builder, that's how pretty much everyone's work looked like back then.

• Jappy%s's Photo

Who remembers this classic? Still available for download at RCTLand.com I believe.

RCTGuide13.png

• Sulakke%s's Photo

Do you have a link to the download? :)

• Jappy%s's Photo

This should be it!

http://www.rctland.c...file.php?id=296

• Faas%s's Photo

I remember that diagonal entrance blowing me away! 

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading