RCT Discussion / Ghosts of RCT-Guide's past......

• Dimi%s's Photo

Strange, I appearently have an older version of Biesbos Park and the entrance looks completely different. I remember Nick was colour blind, that explains some of the very weird colour choices in the otherwise great park. 

• Faas%s's Photo

I can't open it since it requires Wacky Worlds. 

Edit:  Was he texture blind as well? :p

• Sulakke%s's Photo

I miss that guy. He had so much potential.

• Jappy%s's Photo

I knew he was colour blind. I haven't got WW installed on my current laptop but I know from playing in my old one he only used one or two path types and wall objects from WW. 

• Dimi%s's Photo

I don't have Wacky Worlds but I could open in it OpenRCT2.

• Jappy%s's Photo

The version from the link I posted here? Sure you don't have WW, because even Open can't open it without telling me it needs the expansion pack. If it's some other version, do you mind sending it my way? ;)

• Dimi%s's Photo

I just opened the version from the link from RctLand you posted in OpenRCT2 without problems and I defintely don't have WW installed. I also have an older version but it's just less finished and with a different entrance, I'll pm it to you.

• Jappy%s's Photo

Time for another Dwezelaar-screenshot! Fun little fact, the little white stall in the third picture actually has been recreated in my Fôret des Frissons as an ode to this park.

RCTGuide10.png

• pierrot%s's Photo

Love the screenshot in the middle. it's well composed.

• Dimi%s's Photo

I have always loved the two little buildings in the bottom screenshot. That was really the definition of Guide minimalism for me.

• Jappy%s's Photo

Nearly finished people! I'm running out of scans! 

RCTGuide12.png

• Jappy%s's Photo

Introducing yet another old iconic Guide park: El Lago Adventura by Black Mamba(?). Also still available for download at RCTLand, and also needs WW and/or TT. This park included a huge swimming complex, a theme park, a music festival and a safari park. It was awesome. I might do something similar in the far future, a resort sounds interesting to build.

It was also a sea of brown.

RCTGuide15.png

• Liampie%s's Photo

I wasn't the biggest fan of his work, but occasionally he had some really good stuff like that entrance.

I want to build a park like this again... But I still have to finish De Bedriegertjes first, and then all my other parks, and the Olympics... :(

• Jappy%s's Photo

So sadly like most of us, lots of ideas, not enough time... A shame, really.

I liked Black Mamba's stuff, I liked the effort he put in it. I remember him also posting calenders of when the park was open, opening hours and lists of sponsors! I wish there was more released from him.

• Liampie%s's Photo

Yeah, he was one of those guys that put more time into the presentation than the park itself. I never really cared for the badly photoshopped calendars and posters for theme events with exclusively awful singers and shit. It made me associate those parks with tv channels like SBS6.

• Jappy%s's Photo

FIrst screen, Waalse Land, released here on NE, second one, the theatre in Biesbos Park. In my opinion, still one of the most beautiful RCT theatres ever.

RCTGuide18.png

RCTGuide24.png

• Dimi%s's Photo
    Second screen is great indeed.
  • Jappy%s's Photo

This is the last bit of Dwezelaar, I promise! :p Not much to see though, just a forest on the first screen, but the second one is just another one of those quaint little buildings that made Ruben's park my favorite.

The second scan is from El Lago Adventura by Black Mamba, and shows the McDonalds restaurant.

RCTGuide7.png

RCTGuide16.png

• Jappy%s's Photo

And we're returning to Biesbos Park today.

RCTGuide25.png

• Jappy%s's Photo

And with this scan I'm ending it. This is the last good set of screens I have, the rest is of shocking quality and I don't think I'm gonna post them here. Maybe if there's demand for it. Enjoy Kenneth's Meersendael, released here on NE unfinished!

RCTGuide17.png

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading