Theme Park Discussion / Theme Park World

• IonZer0%s's Photo

Themepark World: Now with 30% less Robb Alvey

Thank god.

• FredD%s's Photo

I'd say 20% less. I'm also kinda fat. 

I met the guy last year, he was very friendly. I think the hate is a bit over the top.

• SensualEthiopianPolice%s's Photo

I mean, he's just horrendously unfunny or interesting. He's like the drywall of people

• IonZer0%s's Photo

He also blocks and deletes people who say anything negative.  From what I've seen and heard, he's just a very shady person.

Anyway, back on topic..

Themepark World: Try Anal

• FredD%s's Photo

A bit more serious now, this are the ones I came up with:

- A world of fun

- Coasting around theme parks around the world

- Here comes the fun

- May the fun be with you

Honestly, you shouldn't take it too seriously. People like lighthearted. Maybe some things along the line of dry jokes:

- #7 Highest rated themepark blog in eastern Turkmenistan
    - Possibly Coasters?
    -Only *some* Vekomas

• FredD%s's Photo

It sure may be funny but too ridiculous is over the top. That is good for promoting from time to time, but I do want one good catchphrase to use all the time.

• Liampie%s's Photo
    Yeah, all those slogans are horribly generic and you will blend into the cloud of other smaller generic theme park websites.

Sensual's first suggestion is actually awesome. Maybe an alternating slogan?
    - #7 Highest rated themepark blog in eastern Turkmenistan
    - 80% of all dentists recommend Themepark World
    - Themepark World is your oyster
    - Refugees and Vekomas welcome!

I like alternating slogans, kinda like Futurama.

-Themepark World: Now with chicken!

• imlegos%s's Photo

All I can think of when you say that sens, is Minecraft's splashes on the main menu

• Version1%s's Photo

Themepark World:

Fake Vekoma, Real Pain

• chorkiel%s's Photo

Yeah, finding that middle ground can be tough. You don't want it too ridiculous, but also not too generic. It should also in some way deliver the same message as you're planning your website will. If your focus is (for example) simplicity, it would be great if your tagline also delivers that message. E.g. simply the best Vekomas according to five dentists and robb alvey.

• Faas%s's Photo
    I can help you with a monthly blog on how Walibi Holland sucks.
  • FredD%s's Photo

I do like some of the funny slogans thought out here. Especially the Turkmenistan one! But... what I meant was not really a slogan to promote, but more of a small catch phrase that can be put in the logo. Like http://themeparkfreaks.eu/ have Licensed to thrill. The sentences you wrote down Liam, are cool and funny and I'll probably use them... but not in the logo. There's a difference. 

Faas, monthly? Seriously? :p 

• Faas%s's Photo
    That's about the time they usually take between doing cringeworthy things.

Theyre not awful, just not great

• chorkiel%s's Photo

Considering how much people seem to like hating Walibi that could actually become a quite succesful column. Heck, seeing how Walibi doesn't mind what people say about them as long as they're being mentioned they might even promote it themselves.

• Jappy%s's Photo
    In that case I wanna write about how brilliant both Walibi Belgium AND Walibi Holland are. And how Walibi Rhône-Alpes is making some great progress.
  • FredD%s's Photo

An article about how WH sucks is not interesting, or really honest. There's a a line between being critical and being negative. An article with someione who hates the park and someone who likes the park would be however very interesting, both sides comparing a park, that's something I really could use!

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading