Contests / New Element Design Challenge 4

• FredD%s's Photo

Yeah but in this era of RCT we do a lot more of detailing, which takes more time :)  I'm sure a month will be enough for most, but it's kinda short for the slower builders like me. Don't want to nag though, if I can't get it done in time it will sure be a good design submission without the contest.

• Version1%s's Photo

Is it allowed to get outside help for things not directly related to the park building process? For example, I'd like to use a different color palette, but I'm not sure if I can create it myself.

• Liampie%s's Photo

Making objects (for example, a palette) never affects creator shares. You can have a hundred people make objects for you, but only you will be credited with the design. Go ahead.

• Scoop%s's Photo
    Yeah if we were credit everyone Liam would have 100 accolades by now.
  • robbie92%s's Photo
    Ooh, I may try this. Could be a good way to get back into the game.
  • Louis!%s's Photo
    I look forward to having an extra 10 designs added to my profile!
  • Version1%s's Photo

Ooh, I may try this. Could be a good way to get back into the game.

Great, this contest is mostly over at this point ;)

• Tom_Dj%s's Photo

Cool! Might try to make an entry. 4 weeks is kinda short for the amount of the time i have available for rct but let's see if its possible :)

• Tolsimir%s's Photo

Is this solo only?

• G Force%s's Photo

Yes, solo submission only please.

• Faas%s's Photo
    Might try this. Does it matter if it's openrct only, for example?
  • Louis!%s's Photo

That's no problem, most people only use Open now anyway lol

• chorkiel%s's Photo

Damn. With the multiplayer option, I would've loved to see what entries groups could come up with...

• G Force%s's Photo

We felt that because its simply a design contest, that multiplayer maps would get a bit overkill.  The goal wasn't for a group of 4 or 5 members to sink 300+ hours in to a massive design centered around one coaster, it would basically eliminate any chance for a solo builder.

Besides, we still have H2H, or any other future group contests that Multiplayer can be utilized in.

• Corkscrewy%s's Photo
    Haven't been around in months. But this peaks my interest.....
  • fumankame%s's Photo
    I'm probably gonna try and mess around with this, but I'm​ too much of a newbie. (Been watching the ne server a little under @arp and that's​ helped.) I know I won't submit tho, no chance lol.
  • Version1%s's Photo

I know I won't submit tho, no chance lol.

Why not, though? The great thing about these open contests is, that everyone, regardless of skill level, can participate. I think it's a great challenge to build a design in a month and it could be a lot of fun. I don't think anyone has ever complained about "too many entries"

• ][ntamin22%s's Photo

Go for it!  

When voting is complete, the highest scoring entry will be chosen as the winner, and given the prestigious NE Design accolade (if the 65% standard is hit). Any additional entries that hit the 65% threshold will also be awarded the Design accolade. All other entries will then be released as a non-competitive multi-mapper group park, where each map is one entry.

You don't have to win to get a design accolade - any park that gets a 65% score better does.  Even if you don't make that cut, you'll get to have your work released and people can view and comment.  No downsides to submitting, really.

• FredD%s's Photo

The chances I'll get my submission done on time are low below 50%. Still have so much work to do and also have to put time into my TPW project. How are others dealing with the deadline?

• Version1%s's Photo

I could finish mine tomorrow, but it's not the most work intensive.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading