RCT Discussion / Multiplayer VI

• CoasterCreator9%s's Photo

I'd most certainly be willing to assist with the Japan section when the map comes back up.

• ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    [Intamin22' timestamp='1511816472' post='729779']

https://imgur.com/a/knM8t

Here's the latest overview and save.

Everybody - what do you like?  What do you think needs improved? 

What areas are you working?  What did you personally build there, and what are your plans?

Personally: I've been building on Korea very slowly - not sure exactly what vision alex had for the village area, but we're both working from the same source images.  Deleted the TopSpin Warehouse and relocated the large dark ride building to the former topspin location.  It still feels a little odd in it's relation to the path, so there may need to be more tweaks.

I added a skyscraper to the backside of the tokyo complex as well.

I have also plopped down a few layouts recently just to keep things moving, including the camels, log flume, and a bad attempt to sketch a rapids layout that fits around the RMC in alaska.  All are pretty open to changes, but it seems like the camels have stuck.  

My plans for the week after re-launch are to add more finish to the korea village and work with bio to make any adjustments we want for the mirror maze corner buildings.

I'd build on Cartagena or Tokyo if I had some direction about what needs to go where.

• YoloSweggLord%s's Photo

I've been trying to work on some infrastructure around Greece and whatever industrial town that is. Things like bridges, water feature details, etc. as well as some backstage by Icarus.

I know that shogo did a ton of work on the facades around Greece, but once he quit progress there slowed to a standstill. If progress is going to be made there we can't expect it all to be on Shotguns, otherwise it wouldn't be a proper collaboration.

• zxbiohazardzx%s's Photo

[ntamin22' timestamp='1511816472' post='729779']

https://imgur.com/a/knM8t

Here's the latest overview and save.

Everybody - what do you like?  What do you think needs improved? 

What areas are you working?  What did you personally build there, and what are your plans?

As people know i have been on alot of the areas and maybe overstepping the original authors ideas, for that i apologise.

Now to summarise: In Tokyo i added Toshiba Building and some other stuff that can be removed/changed if needed mostly trying to work with Leon, though in retrospect maybe a little too much trial and error and not enough cooperative power there

Backstage Carthega: Added a backstage lot for Cathega, might have taken a little of Tokyo area, again if it blocks plans you had @Leon then by all means remove or change it, not permanent

Marrocco: Added mostly panters, added a small bridge and linked the water-ride to the larger lake near the camels that ][ntamin added. Added a gatehouse towards Romania out of boredom, but that can be removed as i am not pleased with it. Added the Casablanca Layout on the request of i believe Bubbsy and i think that is solid layout for him to work out his plans for. He also mentioned i could attempt a facade, but i havent gotten to that, nor was i inspired for that yet. I did add a library/thea house near the exit of the journey to al-whatever and i believe that was well received. Again, nothing permanent, so if you wish to alter anything, nuke it :)

Korea: Added a restaurant and a mirror maze on the new borderzone with Marocco. Border creeping had to be halted and i felt adding something on that particular corner made sense. If ][ntamin22 wants to remove, change or do whatever with that corner its fine as well, mostly added it to stop the border creeping relative to liampie's borders and i believe the reference image used was close to where the dark-ride is located and matches the style. Not really attached to is, so im ok if it gets removed/changed again

Alaska: The RMC was a dead corner but the only hit we had was Alaska. Given the RMC layout i altered the main path so it crossed the layout or at least interacted better. also changed terrain so the RMC interacted with the terrain a bit as well. Again if you dont like it (@Belgiumguy here) tell me and ill restore it back to flatlands in a jiffy for you.

Greece: added a gateway towards marocco (shitty) and added a bridge towards Alaska i dont care if either get removed again, they were not planned to be permanent, just indicating borders and if people liked them could be used.

Overall i think the park is in a good state, and specially if we have active leads and supporting players then i am sure this park will get high quality and be finished.

to all i mentioned in the contributions i made: if i changed or altered or influenced your plans for the zone to the point where you lost interest, do let me know. Its a learning curve and only later in discord i understood that the pace i build in would affect the decision making of some players.

• Liampie%s's Photo

I don't have time to fully dive into this right now but I have to mention what I think isn't good enough before something becomes 'permanent'.

In Cartagena it's all the foliage that was prematurely added around the edges.

No one is in charge of Romania, but I can play that role now and say that the row of houses on the map edge size is not strong enough and devoid of any purpose and concept beyond surface value.

• BelgianGuy%s's Photo

alaska changes are nice, we'll just have to figure out what and how we want to add it

• WhosLeon%s's Photo

In Japan i'd say the archi surrounding the coaster isnt up to par with the rest of the area. Idk if i will ever work on the area again ( I probably will in a while, im pretty busy at the moment but that will pass). So when i have time, id be happy to improve it and keep progressing the area on the level that i started with.

• ][ntamin22%s's Photo

This map is back up on the multiplayer server for the next week.

If you're leading an area, please post with what you want people to work on in your areas.

• ][ntamin22%s's Photo
    [11:06 PM] cocoa: alright i want to build

[11:06 PM] cocoa: what should i do

If only someone who is in charge of an area had a plan posted in this thread so I could tell people to look at this for what they can build

• Cocoa%s's Photo

hey i famous

I built some stuff in alaska- not sure what the 'vision' was but a sign said "kennecott mine" which was good inspiration for me. obviously not finished so far- needs all the detailing, this is just the most basic structure layout.

Attached Image: NE's Mirage Islands 2 2017-12-05 18-10-10.png

I would love the diagonal roof ends from raptor in the bench, if possible. and maybe if there's room, the darker wooden walls that highball used everywhere in disneysea.

• ][ntamin22%s's Photo

8ttA4z9.jpg
    Korea planning:

restaurant building relocated (new position over by where arrow indicates) 

two new structures on waterfront based on Anupji Pond pvailions

new waterfront path connection to morocco

To keep stuff central:

nin made following ideas for Marocco and put them in Discord:

Border to Korean area:

unknown.png?width=400&height=255

Sight line from the central area towards the lake (and broken aquaduct)

unknown.png?width=400&height=220

The blue area is an opening in the roof, common for Marocco

unknown.png?width=400&height=285

and add a sign for the entrance like:

unknown.png?width=400&height=247

• BelgianGuy%s's Photo

wow! love what you did with the layout, remember that all wooden track still needs to be raised by 1 clearance to have the correct appearance though. I'll try to do this asap

For the update: Relocated Korean Restaurant, Added Korean Gate, Added Water Temples. Did a minor foliage patch.

• ][ntamin22%s's Photo

Map VI is now up again for the weekly rotation. 

Please post your ideas for progress this week, what you want to see built on, etc.

• ][ntamin22%s's Photo

Stuff open for build in korea:

- dark ride layout and interior
    - flat ride on the checkerboard area near darkride entrance
    - village buildings
    - terrain/foliage/backstage behind suspended station
    - suspended queue theming

• nin%s's Photo

As mentioned on the multiplayer discord, we've decided to alter the factory/industrial area a bit. Main objective is to move the wild mouse across the path, filling the large gap between that area and Morocco. In it's current place we'll expand the lake and build a sort of waterfront/viewing area, and move the existing flat ride over to finish out the area. This also allows for a better transition between here and Morocco as guests are no long bottle-necked underneath the coaster as they enter/exit the land. I've included a screenshot of the current area and my quick paintover I previously posted on discord.

unknown.png
    unknown.png

Feel free to build that path/shoreline however you'd like. I imagine something similar to Paradise Pier with it's waterside attractions, yet themed to industry rather than a boardwalk. Instead of carnival games, we have machinery and pipes housing various games and stalls.

23098943_1879419292318673_67778691981199
    Perhaps even take some cues from the Industrial Revolution, and build a variety of moving parts to give the area (and park) an extra level of depth.

p19l6htff719hb18k213cicuvqm43.jpg

I'm not sure what the wild mouse is currently planned to be, but it may be fun to make it a manufacturing pipeline, like the riders are some product being put together with a variety of machines and workers. Other theming elements could be moving pistons, or sludge-dripping pipes, etc etc. I can assist with this area once Bubbsy and I finish Morocco, which shouldn't be too much longer.

• Cocoa%s's Photo

thats a sick idea for the mouse if you pull that off.

I'm off to Melb then southeast asia until like Feb 9 so I won't have time to work more on the alaska area, although I was really enjoying myself. you can leave it for me if you like but if its the last thing to be done on the map, someone else can defs wrap it up. feel free to ask me advice also. 

• posix%s's Photo

unknown.png

Love this sketch.

• nin%s's Photo

Ha, thanks. Not bad for a minute or two of work.

• Tags

Members Reading