News / New Element Newsflash - Fall 2017 Edition: Who Wants to Be a Panelist?

• Fisch%s's Photo

Congrats to the new panelists. Give me your paypal accounts, we're going to do some business for my next releases. :p

You had my curiosity, but now you have my attention!

• Liampie%s's Photo

On personal title:

Can we start voting normally again? Not everything good has to be gold... Bronzes are for good work too. Silver for average good parks. Gold for the greats. Spotlight for the exceptional/special greats. It's a problem when almost every other accolade is gold, and that winning bronze or silver is seen as a disappointment or an insult. It's helping me to think of what accolade I think is fitting before settling on the percentage. Especially when it concerns stuff that could fit in either a design or spotlight category.

• CoasterCreator9%s's Photo

On personal title:

Can we start voting normally again? Not everything good has to be gold... Bronzes are for good work too. Silver for average good parks. Gold for the greats. Spotlight for the exceptional/special greats. It's a problem when almost every other accolade is gold, and that winning bronze or silver is seen as a disappointment or an insult. It's helping me to think of what accolade I think is fitting before settling on the percentage. Especially when it concerns stuff that could fit in either a design or spotlight category.

Agreed; Bronze and Silver are (as someone who only just got their first accolade) highly desirable, especially among those with few accolades. They're respectable accomplishments. Personally, I've been trying to practice this more; thinking more critically about what accolade is fitting and deciding upon a percentage second.

tl;dr - Bronze and Silver are and will continue to be accomplishments. Critical thinking and holding things to an ever-growing standard is beneficial for everyone involved. 

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading