Music Forum / My Theory on Music

• Jellybones%s's Photo
    I'm sure they're great, however I am distracted because their music gives me a fucking headache.
  • Vert45%s's Photo

You get no feeling from music?

You must be concentrating on it very, very hard, and avoiding all predjudices your mind has to offer.

I'm sure at least 99% of people get feelings from music, and will somewhat identify with andrew's post, so yea cg, that is kinda weird.

yes,

Why do u think mosh pits start?

A hardcore feeling of killing anyone around you.
  • `sfkstyle%s's Photo

That doesn't happen.
    Vert, change your signature to say "[Sig by GSGRFX]".
    Thanks.
  • Blind Guardian%s's Photo

You get no feeling from music?

You must be concentrating on it very, very hard, and avoiding all predjudices your mind has to offer.

I'm sure at least 99% of people get feelings from music, and will somewhat identify with andrew's post, so yea cg, that is kinda weird.

yes,

Why do u think mosh pits start?

Surely not.

Maybe the audience uses concerts (at least the genre I'm into) as "katharsis", to free itself of all the things happening in our oh-so-great society and begins to mosh... maybe they get much energy from the music that has to come out... but they surely don't get a "feeling of killing anybody around them".

I have this feeling if I'm surrounded by the retards of the streets, but not at concerts.

Oh, and I think there is something true in this theory in the first posting: Music can give you good feelings because you are reminded of something; but there is also music that is so strong that it shares its strength if you listen to it and that doesn't need to be played during your first kiss or whatever to make you feel good.

I also believe that different music-genres attract soul-relatives" (?) - which means that you'll find many people with whom you share similar ideas or thoughts - and I think this isn't caused by the music in the meaning of making everybody similar but it is a requirement to like some kind of music. No, I don't say that all fans of Techno are sharing the same ideas, but someone who finds he likes techno will find good friends in some other techno-fans.

Sorry for my poor explanation.

MfG
    BG
  • Jellybones%s's Photo

Maybe the audience uses concerts (at least the genre I'm into) as "katharsis", to free itself of all the things happening in our oh-so-great society and begins to mosh... maybe they get much energy from the music that has to come out... but they surely don't get a "feeling of killing anybody around them".

So as a way to become free of our earthly binds...you run around into people and push them and do your whole "mosh" thing. Okey dokey...
  • Nic%s's Photo
    Music is what you want it be. I find heavy (metal etc) music good for when I need to be pumped, ready, primed if you like. I use ambient (trance, house, etc) good for when you just need to chill. Or when you're reading, relaxing or just being calm. Try meditating to, say, Cryptosy or whatever they're called. Try it to Chicane and you'll have more luck.

In my opinion, moshing is taking the (usual) anger of the song and expressing it in the way that is "to mosh".
  • cg?%s's Photo
    You're all wrong, moshing is merely a right of passage. If you go to a rock concert, you must mosh. It is tradition. Simple as that.

Why did people mosh in the first place?

I'll leave you to discover that all on your own but I will say that MTV's Special "The Social History Of Moshing" certainly is a good resource, if you can catch it in reruns.

Anywho...
  • Jellybones%s's Photo

You're all wrong, moshing is merely a right of passage. If you go to a rock concert, you must mosh. It is tradition. Simple as that.

Or I'll go to the grandstand and watch the fucking concert.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading