H2H8 / H2H8 Pre-Draft Breakdown

• Milo%s's Photo

You knew it was coming:

H2H8: The Ocho-© Steve has arrived!  In the years since H2H7 NE (really the RCT community as a whole) has seen a resurgence of interest and activity.  While RCT is an incredibly old game, it just refuses to die.  Things such as the NE Discord and OpenRCT2 project have breathed new life into how we interact and build together.  This will be the first H2H where multiplayer (yes, you read that correctly) RCT will be a widely available tool for teams to use to coordinate their construction efforts.  I cannot wait to see the results.

While my own activity has been low and RCT activity near zero,  H2H is an event that always pulls me back into the community, this time as an eager spectator.  The state of the community is very positive and I am seeing a lot of newer members who have the potential to make this a very strong H2H season.  I will do my best to research each and every member who has signed up to participate and give an analysis of their potential in the draft.  All comments are my opinion only.  Just remember that for H2H7, almost exactly 3 years ago, I wrote a short, dismissive blurb about a newer member who had one Design and a few screens to his name.  That member, who went undrafted until a replacement was needed, has since gone on to win 2 Spotlights, several other accolades and established himself a dual game threat by coming out on top of the latest NE Design Challenge.  If alex's story isn't an inspiration, I don't know what is.  Anyway, on to this season's draftees!

Referee:

trav - With his bid for a captain's spot unsuccessful, I will say that trav takes over nin's spot as someone I'm sure is wanting a shot at H2H redemption.  Last season he admitted to banking a little to heavily on the LL nostalgia vote. Alas, it will not be this season.  Since H2H7 trav has broken his pattern of disappearing from the community in between major contests and has remained active both in RCT and as a member.  With his knowledge and experience I'm sure he will be a solid member of a team as well as a good Referee.  In 2016 trav exorcised some of his H2H demons by releasing a completed version of his H2H4 park, Clovelly.  More recently he has been a part of community multiplayer maps and the Survivor contest so he shouldn't be too rusty.  His H2H6 run was very good and I think he is in the position to top that if he stays focused.

Captains:

Liampie - The team to beat will be Liampie's.  He has won two consecutive H2H seasons and has played a prominent role in the community since he became an admin.  His consistent presence in the community for the last several years leaves no doubt about his personal skill as well as his enthusiasm for all things RCT.  A lot of the strategy employed by the other captains as they assemble their teams will revolve around one question; how does one topple the reigning champion?  This will be no mean feat as Liampie's personal flexibility is reflected in the teams he builds.  I expect him to make full use of the new "floating" player rule.  Barring a complete implosion, Liampie's third H2H team will hopefully carry on the tradition of releasing a steady stream of impressive, creative and fun H2H maps.

G Force - I typically use the previous H2H as a benchmark date to judge a player's current activity level.  G Force is unique in how much he has improved since H2H7 and how far he risen in the community.  He went from Private Nobody to a member of the admin team in just a couple years.  H2H7 was a mixed bag for him, with an unfinished park and a small role in the park that ultimately earned the Hurricans second place.  G Force blossomed later that year with a Gold (Westwinds), then earned a Spotlight (Worlds of Fun) in 2016, and most recently a handful of other accolades including another Gold and a top 5 finish in the NEDC.  His quick ascension from member to admin shows he has the ability to be a leader within the community and his high activity level should help his drafting ability as a first time captain.  His personal style of hyper-realism carries on the standards set by legends like CedarPoint6, although it's a style that has never been embraced in H2H.  I'm curious to see if he tries to build a team around his wheelhouse or if he ventures outside of his comfort zone.

nin - I felt nin not being chosen as a captain in H2H7 was a snub, but just like this year there was a strong list of possible captains and difficult choices had to be made.  His H2H6 Replacements (Replacenints?) had a strong start before losing a string of tough matches as the season went on.  Nin continued his run of tough matches as a player in H2H7, coming out on top of a close match between a solid LL park and his impressive Pridelands.  If it weren't for nin's Six Flags Over Texas, I'd be concerned about his activty level and commitment but we always knew nin was capable of high level NCSO work and 2017 was the year of an NCSO renaissance. Since nin isn't a first time captain I expect he'll put together a competitive team and his matches are sure to be entertaining since he always seems bring out the best in his opposition.  Fuck nin!

][ntamin22 - We will probably see ][22 draft a similar team to what Roomie did in H2H7 due to his laid back approach and how long he has been a part of the community.  His interest in the game seems to have increased as time goes on and he is now an active admin too.  Although he has never been a prolific builder, ][22 has had a good showing in a couple H2H seasons and the size and quality of his releases has increased in the last few years.  ][22 is now a dual game threat as his NEDC release showcased his ability to translate his unique LL style into RCT2.  The only issues I can foresee are some productivity issues and unique challenges to putting together different styles cohesively, including his own.  I believe ][22 has the tools and mindset to put together a fun, eclectic team.

alex - I've already sung alex's praises in the intro so I don't need to go into much more detail here.  Alex is active and engaged with the community so he is in the best possible position a first time captain could hope for.  He has won numerous accolades and his strength is his flexibility.  He has shown high quality LL, RCT2 CSO, NCSO work in a variety of styles.  If he wasn't captaining I'd day he'd be a perfect addition to Liampie's team and since he is a captain I think he has the capability to give Liampie a run for his money using similar strategies.  The only gap in alex's resume is a lack of H2H experience, he couldn't bail out an unfinished park in H2H7 as a replacement.  I do not think this is indicative of alex's potential for success and I expect good things from him and his team.

Louis! - Has been a captain in the past with the LL only RevoLLutionists so he has the experience to put together a team and draft under tough restrictions.  He has been around as a community leader for a long time and has lots of H2H experience.  Although he has slowed down in his own productivity, Louis is another member capable of producing good work in a variety of styles and game types.  His H2H7 run was good and I believe Louis wants to put together a competitive team this season, no tricks or gimmicks.  Louis! can be active in bursts with high levels of enthusiasm broken by going quiet periods.  Louis! is capable of being a good captain, I was on the RevoLLutionists and had fun, but he has been around for so long I'm not sure if he is just "going through the motions" out of obligation or if he is genuinely excited to captain again.  Only time will tell.

Familiar Faces:

Kumba - In my H2H7 writeup I said that it wouldn't truly be H2H if Darren doesn't sign up to captain the Hurricanes.  This hyperbolic statement is being put to the test as Darren has opted to retire from his impressive 5 season run as a captain and opt to only sign up as a player, even including the caveat that he will only be able to work on a portion of one or two maps.  It is a bittersweet moment and illustrates the status of H2H8 as a contest where the older generation of RCT players is turning the leadership roles over to the newer generation.  With official Vice captain roles I believe Kumba will still be able to have a leadership role but the real question is if this will bring stability and structure to whichever team drafts him or if a disruptive power struggle erupts.

FredD - has been an up and coming player for a long time.  Although a bid for a captain's spot was unsuccessful, FredD will be a valuable member to a team.  The long awaited FUCK was finally released in mid 2016 and scored a Gold.  More recently he has won a Silver and Top 5 finish in the NEDC. 

RWE - he was a last round pick last season and missed out on a captain's spot this time around.  He has shed the "brown is a theme" meme and released some quality work since H2H7, including a more fantasy styled NEDC entry.  RWE hass been steadily improving and stayed active in the community.  Likely a mid round pick.

inthemanual - In H2H7, itm was the newest admin and a first time captain.  His team, the Manual Laborers, went on to do well overall.  Since H2H7, itm has had to retire from the admin staff and has slowed down in productivity due to time constraints.  I expect that itm will get picked up by a team and have a good showing if he can stay active.

Shotguns? - last season's Rookie of the Year is now a first round pick and possibly a number 1 pick of the draft.  His meme lord shenanigans rub a lot of people the wrong way but Shotguns is coming off one of the best years for an individual member at NE since artist in 2005.  My only concerns are personality conflicts and burnout; artist disappeared after his watershed year.  If he remains active, Shotguns could go from Rookie of the Year to Player of the Year a season later.

Fisch - for the longest time Fisch was a player who had potential but never quite became a household name because of slumps in his activity.  Riverland has changed that.  Fisch's Spotlight showcases how far his style has developed, mixing elements of 5dave's cute scale plus micro oriented little details with macro oriented realism.  Fisch has the ability to construct backlot style buildings and sets that sell the idea of a realistic "theme" park rather than simply an amusement park.  Time commitment can be an issue for him but H2H8 marks Fisch's 4th consecutive H2H and he been a part of many successful maps.  A first round pick, possibly a number 1 pick.

Austin55 - it is rare for a rookie to have such a prominent appearance in the finals as Austin55 did in DisneyPunk.  Although his solo work has been missing a wow factor, he had a good run in H2H7.  The biggest strike against Austin is an apparent gap in activity for the last year and a half.  Hopefully if he is drafted, Austin is ready to play.

dr dirt - although he has never had much success or productivity with solo work, this will be dr dirt's 4th consecutive H2H appearance and I would say his experience and track record will get him drafted.  Calico Canyon was underwhelming last season but dr dirt has shown an ability to produce high quality RCT for contests over the course of 3 H2H seasons. 

Camcorder22 - Cam hasn't been around in forever but the majority of his released RCT work has been for contests.  Cam's style usually tackles bold themes with original ideas and a fantasy style with an old school charm.  His parks are usually less about the little details and more about the big picture. Drafting him could be risky but he has performed well in a H2H after a break from RCT in the past.

disneylandian192 - before H2H6 disneylandian was known to disappear for years at a time.  Although productivity is a concern, this would be disneylandian's 4th H2H appearance and this time with a Gold winning solo release.  One of the most interesting things about H2H is that members like disneylandian, who have had such unorthodox RCT careers, come out of the woodwork. 

Steve - it feels unusual that my typical joking about Steve's productivity can't be applied this year.  I asked for part of one park last season and thankfully, we got Diamond Heights.  2 years later Steve has embraced the release of RCT Classic and is now able to seemingly effortlessly create a second place NEDC entry and a Spotlight in the same year.  (Fun fact, it had been over a decade since Steve's last Spotlight.)  His style is a very refined balance of micro detailing and macro design with a natural charm to it.  If Steve keeps up this surge of productivity he is sure to produce something special again this season.

Poke - Last season Poke was relatively new to the community and favored LL and NCSO.  It appears Poke has slowed down to "only" a couple releases per year but has won a Gold with an LL solo and a handful of Designs in both LL and RCT2.  Poke had a good showing last season and is a strong mid round pick.  Prefers a simpler style in LL that is handy for productivity and works well in a H2H setting.

Cocoa - Up until H2H7 I would say that Cocoa hadn't quite broken out of his shell.  It was, perhaps to my surprise, a fantastic H2H appearance with winning LL and RCT2 parks and an admirable appearance in the Finals.  Cocoa is able to implement fun little details into any style or game you ask him to build in.  It will be interesting to see if Cocoa will stay motivated and continue his upward trajectory from good H2H appearances to a legendary one.

Tolsimir -  H2H8 will be his 4th consecutive H2H and Tolsimir has slowly been having better and better runs as time goes on. His personal style blends natural, fantasy and surreal elements but he is also able to blend into a semi realistic style which makes him a flexible player.  He played a big role in two parks with very different themes last season, one of which earned a win in the Finals. Always the player to watch, I am interested to see which captains consider Tolsimir a must-have component for their team.

NEW-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Coasterbill - since H2H7 Coasterbill has slowed down his solo releases but has maintained a presence within the community and participated in community projects.  I expect Coasterbill to be drafted although based on the amount of good mid round picks I'm not sure where he'll end up.  Based on his most recent screens I expect him to be able to use his custom sign skills to add a sense of realism to realistic and semi realistic maps.

Stoksy - Before H2H7 Stoksy had a great run in 2014 during the Micro Madness contest and showcased a fun, detailed style while tackling imaginative themes.  His H2H7 showing and NE Olympics run were also solid, making Stoksy a likely early round pick for his contest experience.  Stoksy's solo work has slowed down in the last year but I expect him to be able to match his solid 2 map showing from last season.

Maverix - It has been many years since Maverix was at the top of his game but at his peak he was able to pump out quality accolades in rapid succession. He has participated in the last 2 seasons as well as other contests so he brings both experience and a style that he can quickly and comfortably adapt to different types of themes.  He is a solid mid round pick.

In:Cities - Much like Camcorder22 or Maverix, In:Cities has not been properly active for many years.  His enthusiasm for RCT does spike during H2H however and after a great run in H2H6 he had a quiet period before popping up for H2H7.  He participated on 2 maps last season and I expect he'll have a similar H2H this time around.  His job on a ship can hurt his availability but he's been able to work around that issue in the past.  It is good to see In:Cities back again, if he is active I expect some good work from him.

gdb - has not had much activity with solo work in the last few years.  Had a good H2H7 run on 2 parks and also participated in the NE Olympics.  gdb has become one of those players that has RCT skills but reserves bursts of activity for contests.  I see gdb as a solid mid to later round pick based on his previous performance.

SSSammy - he has been candid about his availability and ability in his signup post so hopefully captains are realistic about his draft potential.  SSSammy has the ability to build at a high level in both LL and RCT2 but his motivation and productivity is hit or miss.  When he chooses to be active it is nice to have him around but RCT has not been his main focus for many years now.  Due to him being well known I expect someone to pick Sammy in a later round as a utility player.

Coupon - It is a roll of the dice to draft a member trying to rekindle that RCT flame through H2H.  Unfortunately Coupon was drafted but was unable to contribute last season and had to be replaced.  He popped up for the NE Olympics and had a successful Gold release of Baker Lake back in mid 2016.  It has been a while since Coupon has been fully committed to RCT and he has yet to have a great or even good H2H season.  If he stays active he has a shot to have a fresh start in H2H but any captain who drafts him is taking a gamble that may or may not pay off.

AvanineCommuter - his time has been limited in the last 2 H2H seasons but Avanine helped on a great park in H2H6 and came up just a little short in H2H7 with a mostly finished park.  He wants to play a supporting role this season due to time constraints. I see Avanine being drafted and able to assist on a team wanting to tap into his unique semi realistic style with surreal fantasy elements.  Although Avanine's creativity makes it hard to imagine him playing a supporting role, if he can stay active and find a suitable collaborator to take the helm, it is not hard to imagine another fantastic park coming our way.

BelgianGuy - he has continued his pattern of popping up a few times a year with a new accolade or group park appearance.  He has been solid in the last 2 H2Hs and with his most recent solo winning Gold, I expect BG to continue the trend of a good H2H run.  He is a father now so productivity may be lower than usual but if BG can assist on 1-2 maps he will be a worthwhile mid round pick.

Sulakke - this will be Sulakke's 4th H2H and he has had a good showing in just about all of them.  His solo project productivity is low but Sulakke always seems to show up for contests and contributes what he needs to.  A good mid round pick as a utility player.   Although it is surprising Sulakke has never really progressed beyond where he is, he has remained a consistently good H2H player.

Robbie92 - last season robbie had a great first season as captain.  After H2H7 the long awaited BGA rang in 2016 and marks the peak of his RCT career, it is a landmark release and still boasts a ridiculous community and panel score.  Robbie has been pretty quiet since BGA both in the community and only teasing us with some New Orleans themed screens.  It almost seemed like he would give H2H a miss this time around but he has decided to sign up.  Robbie is not a H2H powerhouse but if he can stay active, the one map he works on will hopefully be up to his usual standard.

bigshootergil - an up and coming player in H2H7, bigshootergill had a surprisingly large role in the park that won the Finals.  He has since kept up an impressive pace in releasing solo projects, further developing a fun style along the way.  With his Spotlight themed around Mario Kart tracks, bigshooter is now in the big leagues of RCT.  I had no idea what to expect in H2H7, this time around I think there is the strong possibility of an epic H2H8 run from him.

ottersalad - Roomie took a bit of a chance on ottersalad last season and I would say it paid off.  Although he hasn't been active since H2H7, ottersalad has shown the capability of producing solid RCT in a contest setting.  Could be a sleeper pick for floating player if he isn't drafted before the last rounds due to his recent period of inactivity.

Six Frags - a legend makes his return. Six Frags was a regular in H2H up until dropping out last season.  It is difficult to know how much commitment issues and rust will hurt SF's chances at being drafted but I would say a captain will take a chance on him in a middle round.  I hope to see some work this season and SF will be able to bring knowledge and H2H experience to the table.  Either a boom or a bust and it will be interesting to see where he ends up.

CedarPoint6 - although he hasn't been active in many years,  CP6 set the standard for hyper realistic parks and some of his past H2H work actually helped develop his chosen style into a new era of realistic RCT creations.  CP6 is a legend but even legends can accumulate rust and CP6 was never highly enthusiastic about H2H.  I hope we see something from him as I imagine he will be drafted.  

Casimir - has been mostly inactive since 2013 but Casimir has a lot of H2H experience and was a major up and coming player around 2010-2012.  New screens show that Casimir has quickly shaken off the rust and picked up right where he left off.  Likely an older player who will be drafted in a mid to late round.  Casimir has had good H2H runs in the past, it all depends on his commitment and activity level.

Roomie - has been around forever and is a capable player in both LL and RCT2.  He was a supportive and laid back captain last season and although the Rat Pack didn't have the best record, they had a fun set of Round Robin releases.  This year Roomie has chosen to be a player and I think we can expect his unique style to fit in well with the modern throwback LL we see a lot now.  Roomie could work as a utility player and has been reliable more times than not.  Time could be an issue but I expect to see Roomie's name attached to 1 or 2 maps this season.

Pacificoaster - last season's number 1 draft pick has been relatively quiet in the years since.  Pac had a great showing in 2 H2H seasons and although time will be a factor this year, I expect at least part of one map from him.  Whatever he can produce is very likely to be something at a high level.  When Pac's game is on point, it can be tough for anyone to beat.

FK+Coastermind - although he has been inactive since H2H7, FK has participated in 3 H2H seasons and brings some experience as well as a very interesting surreal style to the table.  FK is also a utility player with the ability to play LL and in various RCT2 styles and I'd say he is likely to get drafted in a mid to late round.  He'd be a fun floating player although I imagine he'll be drafted before then.

Rene - not a very prolific player but a good first season in H2H7 and some solid screens means Rene will likely be drafted in a mid to late round.

RCT2day - although NCSO has seen a surge of appreciation in the last year or so, RCT2day has been developing an exciting NCSO style for many years now.  Kidron dates back to 2014 but really showcased how impressive a full scale modern NCSO park could be and got the ball rolling for others to pick up the style.  RCT2day had a solid showing in H2H7 as a utility player and I expect him to be drafted again.

djbrcace1234 - although his solo projects end up unfinished and he has been largely inactive, djbrcace has proven to be a strong utility player showing up building small portions of maps in the last 2 H2H seasons.  With his history I see him being drafted into a similar role this year, maybe even as a floating player if he isn't picked up earlier.

Rookies:

Version1 - Between moping about "probably not being drafted" and being a general pain in the ass, Version1 has been steadily improving his RCT skills.  2017 was an impressive year for him with a Silver accolade and solid showing in the NEDC as well as a high level of activity in group projects and the community in general.  His chances of being drafted now are dramatically better than they were in H2H7 and I expect to see him picked up in a mid to late round.  It is only his negative attitude that could get in the way of him being a solid contributing member to a team.

WhosLeon - A member who has flown under my radar, he has some real talent and is a potential dark horse pick.  He went inactive with releases between 2013 and 2017, last year he participated in the community multiplayer maps and earned himself a Design with a project he teased with several screens.  Although his productivity on individual projects is low, he appears to be a member invigorated by group projects and community parks so perhaps H2H is the type of event where he can shine.  I expect him to be drafted although I'm not sure when.  He's the type of pick that will benefit from OpenRCT2 and multiplayer so I could see a captain taking a chance on him now that those tools are available. 

Scoop - It is awesome to see the level of enthusiasm in someone to sign up as a captain in their rookie H2H.  Although he was a long shot for a captain's spot, Scoop will very likely end up on a team.  After a long break from the community, Scoop returned and is now building in a semi realistic style and is also capable of experimenting with fantasy seen in a neat take on the traditional floating islands theme.

Jappy - has been active since the  the end of last H2H season and appears to have steadily improved, from Silver accolades to Golds and a high level of activity on community projects.  Jappy is likely an early to mid round pick and a possible candidate for Rookie of the Year depending on his level of commitment to H2H.  His style should fit comfortably among realistic and semi realistic styles.

CoasterCreator9 - boatsboatsboatsboatsboatsboatsboatsboats!  Disappeared after an active period in 2011-2012, CoasterCreator9 burst back on the scene in mid 2016 and has rapidly improved.  CC9 is quickly developing a fun, macro-oriented realistic style that includes not only coasters but the surrounding countryside and infrastructure.  It is not too much of a stretch to describe this style as reminiscent to early geewhzz and is likely to do very well in H2H.  As a fellow Eve Online player, I'll be rooting for a successful H2H for CC9.

Julow - Julow feels like the type of member that is on the verge of shocking the community with an amazing release.  A newer member, Julow has improved quickly and shown a bold style and a willingness to tackle crazy ideas.  Julow doesn't shy away from a challenge like disaster benches or a map that limits viewers to one isometric angle. H2H is likely the perfect place for Julow to improve and produce something great.  In collaboration with more experienced member providing assistance with macro elements and ride design, Julow will shine.

saxman1089 - A newer member who looks to be following in the footsteps of CP6 and G Force.  Those are big shoes to fill but saxman looks to be up to the challenge.  Likely a sleeper pick for a floating player spot or late round pick as part of a realistic and semi realistic oriented roster.  With the right direction, could be a rookie to not underestimate.

MK98 - there are some interesting parallels between MK98 and CoasterCreator9.  Both had a long gap between periods of activity, both appear to be cultivating a realistic style and both add non theme park elements to their maps.  MK98 has not been quite as productive as CC9 but recent screens show a further evolution of an interesting style.  MK98 is a later round pick that has the capability to add flavor to realistic maps such as murals or planes, trains and automobiles. 

Merzbow666 - a newer member with a focus on LL.  I applaud the effort to stick with LL as well as the industrial style.  Unfortunately Merzbow's chances of getting drafted are getting slimmer and slimmer simply due to the strength of the signup list.  I hope to see some finished work and further development of style because I see potential, it just might have to be outside of H2H.

IonZer0 - another newer member who initially was part of an influx of skilled NCSO builders but has recently pivoted into CSO with some quality screens.  Productivity is an unknown factor but Ion had several releases in 2017, including two Bronzes.  I see IonZer0 as on the bubble of getting drafted or not, it is just a matter of a captain taking a chance on developing a newer member.

Terry Inferno - part of the wave of new players in the last couple years, Terry began with a simple NCSO style but began improving with CSO.  I would rate Terry a solid later round pick but, similar to Austin55, the only real issue is a lack of activity in the last year.

Jaguar - Jaguar disappeared after 2010 until popping up unexpectedly to participate the NE Olympics.  Before 2010 Jaguar had a laid back realistic style, only delving into fantasy elements in micros.  Since returning to RCT, Jaguar has debuted more imaginative approach to the game, tackling semi realism and hardcore fantasy styles in various projects.  Although he hasn't been very active lately, Jaguar's newfound attraction to high concept fantasy ideas could make him a fun player to pick up for H2H.

Bubbsy41 - a newer member carrying on a style similar to robbie92 with lots of detailed architecture.  He has improved so rapidly it feels like he came out of nowhere.  I believe Bubbsy is active enough to get drafted as a late round pick.

ultro - another member who feels like they came out of nowhere.  Although ultro only 3 screens to their name,  these screens show a very interesting project that looks to emulate more of a fantasy setting than simply focusing on the goal of theme park design.  Possibly a potential dark horse pick in the same vein as Wicksteed or That guy.  Unfortunately, also a big risk to be a bust.

GammaZero - last season GammaZero was very new with only a handful of unrefined NCSO screens to show and went undrafted.  It is laudable that GammaZero is back after 3 years to sign up for a second H2H.  I think Gamma has a much better shot this season at being able to participate.  Although productivity is an unknown, a switch to CSO has yielded some steadily improving screens and a release that narrowly missed becoming Design.

Zaiush - had a brief period of activity during the NE Olympics as part of a team made up of mostly of the newer generation of RCT players.  Has largely been inactive since but has some decent contest experience.  The strength of the sign ups list means Zaiush may end up being on the bubble of being drafted or not.

Ziscor - being a part of the community for only a year or so, Ziscor runs the risk of being overlooked.  This is a shame because Ziscor already has a handful of recent releases and several screens showcasing a some quality RCT.  As with all newer members the question of productivity lingers but H2H could be the type of event were Ziscor breaks out some solid work that surprises everyone... except perhaps the captain that takes a chance.

Recurious - a newish member with some fantastic screens and a handful of community project appearances.  Is in danger of being overlooked which such a strong draft list for captains to choose from.  Recurious could be a valuable late round pick.

Wouter VL - an very interesting dark horse type player.  Released a Bronze winning project in 2017 but otherwise isn't very productive.  Has shown lots of great screens of a diverse set of projects ranging from LL and NCSO to surreal fantasy CSO.  Wouter went undrafted last season and frustratingly is in a similar position due to the lack of releases.  I still consider Wouter to be a potential sleeper pick.  I hope it happens this season but it's tough to call for the lesser known players.

ICU - with only a couple screens and one community project release I consider ICU a long shot for being drafted.  There are plenty of current great players who I have typed that about in the past.

roygbiv - a newer member with a fun style that has resulted in some increasingly impressive Silver accolades released in 2017.  Although roygbiv's style is a little bland, I can see it working well under the direction of a good captain and teammates.  Yet another person I worry about being overlooked.

NEW-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Faas - Although he has been around the community for many years now, this will be his first H2H appearance.  Faas' most recent release earned him a Gold accolade and he also was part of a team in the NE Olympics.  Faas has slowly improved and his style should fit into most teams with an architecture built on a cute scale with an appropriate amount of little details.

nicman - although he isn't prolific in solo work, nicman has participated in some group projects and his latest screens from 2017 show a sharp increase in skill.  I would say nicman is on the bubble for being drafted just because it is hard to gauge his productivity in a contest setting.

SensualEthiopianPolice - NE has been around for a long time and over the years there have been several members who become noteworthy not for their RCT skills but for their general antics and strange persona.  SensualEthiopianPolice fits into this category although unlike many of his predecessors, he has shown an ability and interest to actually play RCT and build in a quaint, realistic style.  The small amount of finished projects means he may be less likely to get drafted but it is not out of the question.

CHE - Although I described CHE as mostly unknown in H2H7, we have a bit more to work with than just a micro now.  CHE's latest screens make a solid case for a potential late round pick and CHE participated in the NE Olympics as well as the latest NEDC so there is also some contest experience to fall back on.  Possibly one to watch to break out in H2H.

BlazingEmpireHD - a newer member who has a NCSO heavy style.  Over the course of 2017 BlazingEmpire has made some big steps forward, showing many solid screens and was able to score a Bronze in 2018.  Although I would say Blazing is still finding footing with a style, if a team is looking for an NCSO component he has the potential to round out a roster.

spacek531 - although spacek's personal style is still unrefined, the primary focus is his ability to create custom rides.  Recent screens showcase a new ride vehicle types that could make for a neat addition to a map in certain situations.  Spacek's skill set is niche and may be too one dimensional to warrant to draft spot, although his screens in the Advertise Yourself topic make the case for a late round pick.

zxbiohazardzx - Although biohazard has been around for several years now, we are still waiting on an accolade worthy release.  There are a handful of screens that showcase a big jump in skill but so far we have not seen that breakout release.  A bit of a long shot for being drafted simply due to the lack of an accolade.  A newer member to keep an eye on though.

Stopp1 - a relatively unknown player, showed some decent screens in late 2016 but doesn't have any finished projects.  Has NCSO skills but productivity is not known so a captain would be taking a risk.

Impulse - a newer member who has shown some steady improvement in 2017, showing an appreciation for NCSO and a realistic CSO style.  Although Impulse is mostly unknown, I see potential here as a late round pick.

Iron Rattler - got started at NE in the Olympics contest and has steadily been working on projects in a variety of styles in both RCT2 and LL.  I think Iron Rattler is a candidate to be a floating player due to this flexibility and willingness to work in most formats.

TubaPride - it is always exciting to see new members sign up for H2H.  I think TubaPride is still finding footing in RCT and is a long shot for the draft.  The screens I've seen show a willingness to tackle tough themes so we'll see how TubaPride develops as a player.

MrBrightside711 - although he doesn't have a large body of work,  MrBrightside has shown some solid screens in the last year as well as a completed project.  This recent activity makes a strong case for later round potential in the draft.  He has a good realistic style with bold ideas that could fit onto a lot of maps.

YoloSweggLord - another newer member with not a lot of finished projects but some good recent screens.  A potential late round pick for a team looking to add a semi realistic utility player.

Top Gun - a long time lurker with some finished projects under his belt.  It is hard to determine his draft chances due to the amount of players signed up and no way to see how rusty Top Gun is.

MCI - was cultivating a fun, detailed NCSO style before going inactive around 2016.  If a captain is looking for a late round NCSO pick, MCI is a good candidate.

RuyataxRCT - I didn't know who this person was and until I saw a huge number of screens and 4 completed maps from the last year I wasn't expecting much.  Ruyatax has huge potential to be a sleeper pick based on a high level of activity in the past year.  There is a consistency shown and Ruyatax has an interesting semi realistic style that could translate well onto H2H maps.  Not someone to overlook as a strong mid round pick.

X7123M3-256 - another newer member focused on developing new track and ride types in RCT. Although it may be tough to make a case for the draft, we may see a new track type later in the season with members like this available to help.

DylChill616 - only shown a screen that shows a nice but unrefined style.

Da_Cool - last season Da_Cool only had screens and no releases and is in the same boat this season.  Late screens show a further progression of an interesting style but we haven't seen any indication of productivity.

SLJ - a lurking player who needs to show some work before the draft, I don't have much to say other than that.

Danni - a newer member with a few screens shown.  No released parks hurts draft chances but Danni shows potential to be someone to watch.

Thewarf321 - is mostly unknown and signed up via the Advertise Yourself topic.  The screens are decent and show some large architecture and landscaping skills.

• G Force%s's Photo

Looking forward to it!

• trav%s's Photo

One of my favourite things about H2H

• RWE%s's Photo

Nice, can't wait for it!

• nin%s's Photo
    One of my favorite things as well. Looking forward to it.
  • GammaZero%s's Photo
    YEEEES
  • Milo%s's Photo

Quick update,  still working on a new format and getting down all information I can.  I am doing some unexpected travel this weekend but keep an eye out for information on the prospective captains and then the rest of the signups starting Sunday!  If you haven't signed up yet, please do so!

• bigshootergill%s's Photo
    Just remember that for H2H7, almost exactly 3 years ago, I wrote a short, dismissive blurb about a newer member who had one Design and a few screens to his name.  That member, who went undrafted until a replacement was needed, has since gone on to win 2 Spotlights, several other accolades and established himself a dual game threat by coming out on top of the latest NE Design Challenge.  If alex's story isn't an inspiration, I don't know what is.  Anyway, on to this season's draftees!

What's so ironic about this: alex only built on one park in H2H7, due to it's unfinishedness & going to head-to-head against the incredible #diamondheights, they didn't receive even one vote on their park. It's amazing how new members can benefit from simply being part of an H2H team, much like myself.

• G Force%s's Photo

What's so ironic about this: alex only built on one park in H2H7, due to it's unfinishedness & going to head-to-head against the incredible #diamondheights, they didn't receive even one vote on their park. It's amazing how new members can benefit from simply being part of an H2H team, much like myself.

I can definitely vouch for that. Talking with great players like Pac, nin, and Shotguns on a daily basis really changed my approach to the game.

Really quite impressive that guys like Alex, you, and me were either last round picks or replacement and went on to win a combined 4 spotlights in the next two years.
  • Jappy%s's Photo

I'm starting to get interested in this contest more and more...

• disneylandian192%s's Photo
    So stoked for the breakdown. This and the video reviews of the parks makes it feel so much more real than it very well may be! God Im nearly 28 years old, should I really be this excited?!?
  • Coasterbill%s's Photo

God Im nearly 28 years old, should I really be this excited?!?

Yes

• Milo%s's Photo

It begins.

• G Force%s's Photo
    Great stuff, I'm always impressed by how accurate and full these bits are despite you not being super active anymore. Don't think anyone could have written the bit about me any better.
  • CoasterCreator9%s's Photo

Looking forward to this.

• nin%s's Photo
    Loving it so far.
  • alex%s's Photo

Fun to read, thanks for doing this!

• RWE%s's Photo

yeah definitely great stuff, looking forward to read more!

• AvanineCommuter%s's Photo
    Very true words. Esp. About Kumba.
  • Cocoa%s's Photo
    I laughed at the v1 writeup. Nice

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading