H2H8 / H2H Speculation/Drama/Hype Thread

• alex%s's Photo

Not bad?? Wtf!

Steve in round 2, ITM 3rd overall pick and Avanine last pick of the draft seem all kinds of bonkers but thanks for sharing MK! :)

• SSSammy%s's Photo
    If Louis drafts me second he will lose
  • AvanineCommuter%s's Photo
    Even though I’m the last draft of the contest, I guess at least I got drafted. :0
  • inthemanual%s's Photo

I don't suspect that's in order.

• MK98%s's Photo

Idk, I actually didn't look much at the order of the picks, more at who fits in what team. What picking round players will be in (in fact, what a players value is), is a bit harder to judge. But we've already had some of those drafts :)

• saxman1089%s's Photo

I don't know a lot of other players but I checked everyone's accounts and these are my predictions:

Can't wait to get home to run these teams and see what the ratings are! I'm gonna predict just by looking that alex's team will clean up (since a ton of that team's members were on really good H2H teams in the past), but we will find out later!

Yeah I figured as such :)

But I really cant see how Alexs team ended up with both Fisch + PC, thats so imbalanced compared to Liampies lineup, for example.
  • CedarPoint6%s's Photo

I'd be interested to hear too who might make the best pairings for parks-- or from those in the draft who do they think they'd work well with.  

I have a big list of people, but I pair well with someone who can do fast themed realistic architecture.  Speed of architecture was never my strong suit, but I have a strong placemaking ability, so those combined could be a pretty fun combination. 

• MK98%s's Photo

Liam has Who'sLeon, Bigshootergill and Six Frags, three very good players. The most doubtfull team for me was Louis' team though.

Liam has Who'sLeon, Bigshootergill and Six Frags, three very good players. The most doubtfull team for me was Louis' team though.

No question about the great skill of these three players, but only BSG has won a recent spotlight and Six Frags is coming out of retirement as an older veteran. Excluding SF, the other two dont have as much H2H experience on the same level as other top players.

Then compare that to Fisch who just won spotlight with what is arguably one of the best parks ever seen on this site, and PC who won spotlight in the recent past with what is also arguably one of the best parks ever seen on this site, and both have had hugely successful H2H parks in the past... its a little imbalanced?
  • MK98%s's Photo

Its a little imbalanced?

Okay maybe a little :p

But I hope the types of each team are good. That's where I was aiming for.

I would expect some captains to focus more on realistic players and others on fantasy or semi-realism.
  • inthemanual%s's Photo

I'd be interested to hear too who might make the best pairings for parks-- or from those in the draft who do they think they'd work well with.  

I want to work with people who can take my ideas and make them better. Bermuda was incredible to work on with cocoa, because we'd always be suggesting improvements and iterating on existing things. 

• CHE%s's Photo

What would a dream team look like, considering you could pick every player you want? Only round 1/2 picks?

• Casimir%s's Photo

The third time now I got paired together with SSSammy and Louis.

Something something Axis, Brexit, Wembley goal.

• Stoksy%s's Photo

Alex's team looked ridiculous MK, but then again Kumba had Pac, nin, and shogo in H2H7 so anything's possible...

• saxman1089%s's Photo

Here are my ratings based on MK's draft. 

Team Liampie 1559
    Team G Force 1529
    Team nin 1508
    Team ][ntamin22 1501
    Team alex 1514
    Team Louis! 1482

Liam's team rating is too high (I think) because you didn't give him many people who had experience from H2H7. I haven't yet updated my system to also pull from H2H6 and H2H5, but plan to do so soon. Also trying to figure out what to do with rookies (they're currently ignored completely in the calculations for each team).

Also, thanks ottersalad!
  • Lotte%s's Photo

Liam's going to draft Fisch, 90% certain of it

• MK98%s's Photo

Fisch or Leon

• Bubbsy41%s's Photo
    Steve or Fisch

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading