H2H8 / H2H Speculation/Drama/Hype Thread

• dr dirt%s's Photo

How mine came out:

R1: Fisch, robbie92, Pacificoaster, cocoa, Steve, shotguns?

R2: inthemanual, Kumba, CedarPoint6, coasterbill, Poke, bigshootergill

R3: Scoop, Tolsimir, Stoksy, Maverix, In:Cities, BelgianGuy

R4: dr dirt, WhosLeon, Julow, Roomie, gdb, Sulakke

R5: SSSammy, AvanineCommuter, FredD, Camcorder22, Ziscor, Six Frags

R6: Austin55, Recurious, faas, Casimir, Jappy, BlazingEmpireHD

R7: ZxbiohazardZx, saxman1089, roygbiv, Coupon, ottersalad, Bubbsy41

R8: MK98, MCI, Version1, Jaguar, Mr. Brightside711, RWE

R9: CHE, Top Gun, Terry Inferno, Stopp1, Deurklink, YoloSweggLord

This is just the order that came out of what I posted on the discord, w/ player strength based on my opinion. Disneylandian is missing by accident, due to forgetting to edit his player strength, and definitely would've been in the draft order.  There are a few I'd wished made it into this, IonZer0 for example.

EDIT: this is also w/o FK+Coastermind

EDIT2: and also trav is missing due to referee confusion

• RWE%s's Photo
    Perfect, now i‘ve finally seen myself in every round except 9 and 1.
  • saxman1089%s's Photo

You're not taking into account the floater rule are you dr dirt? Not sure how you could account for it even if you wanted to. That's gonna mess with the draft too. I can definitely see some people normally taken in rounds 5-7 being saved for 8-9.

• dr dirt%s's Photo

Correct, floater rule is not taken into account here.

• Angroc%s's Photo

No RuyataxRCT there? Would hate it if none of the captains picked him.

• Camcorder22%s's Photo

Been trying to recap all the releases/screens from the last couple years and here's mine based on:

- Overall score of releases/screens

- Recent activity of member (releases/screens from the last year)

- Parkmaker status

- Availability expressed by member

- Previous contest experience

R1: Fisch, Robbie92, Steve, Pacificoaster, Shotguns, CedarPoint6

R2: bigshootergill, Kumba, Cocoa, inthemanual, stoksy, Coupon

R3: BelgianGuy, Roomie, Six Frags, AvanineCommuter, FredD, Poke

R4: Jappy, trav, coasterbill, disneylandian192, WhosLeon, sulakke

R5: Tolsimir, gdb, maverix, Scoop, Austin55, CoasterCreator9

R6: Bubbsy41, ruyataxRCT, In:Cities, saxman1089, roygbiv, RWE

R7: Julow, dr dirt, Casimir, SSSammy, Jaguar, Camcorder22

R8: Terry Inferno, Ziscor, Recurious, IonZer0, Version1, X7123m3-256

R9: MK98, spacek531, WouterVL, Merzbow666, GammaZero, zxbiohazardzx

Not sure how the floater thing will play out, and since I haven't been keeping up with any threads I have no idea the perception/reputation of newer members, for better or worse. 
  • csw%s's Photo

I think Sammy will be the steal of the draft. Always gets overlooked. 

• Scoop%s's Photo
    I think the final two rounds may shake up differently because of the floaters.
  • inthemanual%s's Photo

Been trying to recap all the releases/screens from the last couple years and here's mine based on:

- Parkmaker status

Not sure how the floater thing will play out, and since I haven't been keeping up with any threads I have no idea the perception/reputation of newer members, for better or worse. 

Whosleon in r4 is absolutely insane. There's no way he doesn't go in the top 2 rounds, and I'd expect him round 1.
  • RWE%s's Photo

I love how different these predictions are, i agree that Leon in Round 4 would be pretty weird.

• bigshootergill%s's Photo

I'm too lazy to make one of these predictions, but I'd like to see a few more put some together... maybe more from a captain's perspective rather than from a 'numbers' point of view... maybe even from the view of each of the 6 captains and the style they'l be aiming for

• CoasterCreator9%s's Photo

I'm interested to see if I get picked. I think my versatility makes me a favorable choice, but perhaps not early on.

• inthemanual%s's Photo

I'm too lazy to make one of these predictions, but I'd like to see a few more put some together... maybe more from a captain's perspective rather than from a 'numbers' point of view... maybe even from the view of each of the 6 captains and the style they'l be aiming for

Three of the captains are brand new. Nobody knows what they'll be aiming for. 

• Steve%s's Photo

Pacificoaster and other big names like robbie92 and CedarPoint6 truly shake things up. Are they able to still produce top tier work while still being as active? For older members who were truly in their prime just a couple years ago, it'll be one or the other. Are they first round picks? Maybe, but it'd be a gamble and you'd have to really hit strong in the later rounds of the draft and nab a solid second round pick to back it up.

Round one is going to be tight. If I were to captain, shotguns? is very attractive. Two full scale Spotlights the past year with a couple of other high profile designs in the mix. He's still just as active. Maybe his behavior is a gamble, but no doubt his productivity is above and beyond anyone else here. Equally as talented as Fisch in my eyes, just different. An obvious overall #1 pick, depending on who goes first I guess.

Fisch is an obvious great first round choice. Decently active, and managed to make the park of the year last year and win every other award for it. Not to mention a great track record within the H2H field itself. Very justifiable to see him go round one.

robbie92, CedarPoint6 and Pacificoaster are fair first round picks. Wouldn't be surprised to see any of them go first. They still play all these years later, but their true productivity has faltered since their more high profile releases in their heyday. If they go first round, it's because that captain is making sure no one else that wants them, actually gets them, and not because they themselves want them. Would be an easy second round steal for any of them, especially when there are other more justifiable picks like Fisch, shotguns?, myself, cocoa, WhosLeon, etc.

WhosLeon and cocoa are also both sensible first rounders. WhosLeon is fresh off his design win with Zula and consistently proves his worth via Discord screens. Very active and motivated it seems, with the skills to match. cocoa is in a similar boat; his Bayou design shows he's still got it, and continues to show via screens that he's dual game threat. Not to mention his H2H chops are there. If we see more like his PT entrance qualifier round, whoever it's up against is in trouble.

• SSSammy%s's Photo

i think theres an interesting dynamic insofar as there are more consistent dependable choices, where there are fewer absolute gamekillers saying they will build a lot in play. openrct makes the game so much more efficient so we have a lot of variables that are completely different from previous iterations of the game. if we are building a park on a multiplayer server, and im playing with a newcomer who might be filling the gaps between myself and another experienced builder, i can watch him build a building and actively correct him as he's doing it. i dont have to wait until he's uploaded the park after having it for an afternoon and say that i'll go over what he's done and develop it. we're there together and i can give direct, personal feedback to them. do not underestimate the power of people who are capable of communicating and teaching using this technology. failure to acknowledge this may cost teams the competition as they can rapidly improve their lower tier "weak" picks

• Cocoa%s's Photo
    I think people are heavily underrating cc9, ziscor, ruyatax, and especially avanine (among others). Although it seems r2 may be the "pick older, recently returning members round " now which is an interesting dynamic
  • bigshootergill%s's Photo
    Another unique aspect that multiplayer brings to the table is building in the same/close time zones. In H2H7 there was an effort to have players from various continents to maximize building time, but the reverse could be more effective this time around. Hopefully this results in more finished parks and closer votes.
  • Faas%s's Photo

- Parkmaker status

:(
  • roygbiv%s's Photo

Liampie  /  G Force      /       nin  /       ][ntamin22     / alex  / Louis!

R1   Steve / robbie92 /       Pacificoaster /  Shotguns    / Cocoa /  Fisch

R2  Whosleon / CedarPoint6 / inthemanual /  Stoksy / Kumba / Poke

R3  Tolsmir / AvanineCommunter / dr dirt / FK+Coastermind / BelgianGuy/ Bigshootergill

R4 Sulakke / gbd  /        Bubbsy41   /  coasterbill  / In:Cities / Roomie

R5 SSSammy / maverix /  disneylandian192 / jaguar / coupon / trav

R6 jappy / six frags /         Austin55 /         Casimir /   FredD  / CoasterCreator9

R7 faas  / scoop  /           Recurious   /      Ionzero  / camcorder22  / RWE

R8 julow / Mr.Brightside711 / roygbiv /    Terry Inferno  /  RuyataxRCT / MCI

R9 Version1 / gammazero /     wouterVL         /  saxman1089  / zxbiohazardzx  / CHE

Picks for each team.

• CedarPoint6%s's Photo

I'd be surprised to go 1st round.  There are far better choices that have a better shot at productivity in my opinion.  I can be a strong supporting player for sure, but I'll be a little surprised to go super early.  

Really interested to see the mid-draft mix here.  There are a lot of solid players and some unknown but potentially solid players that I think have a lot to add.  

I'm mostly curious who I end up with.  Hoping to have some people that can do detailed realistic work to collaborate with.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading