H2H8 / H2H8 Round 1 Match 1 - The Replacements vs Strangelove

This topic hosts comments for 2 parks(View Parks)

Select your favorite park

1. Tahendo Zoo by The Replacement 31 votes [44.29%]
    • Liampie
    • Turtle
    • robbie92
    • posix
    • Scoop
    • FredD
    • dr dirt
    • MK98
    • trav
    • Six Frags
    • RCTER2
    • olddtfan51
    • ultro
    • Royr
    • bigshootergill
    • School_Jin
    • Xeccah
    • RCThibo
    • Coasterbill
    • FK+Coastermind
    • spacek531
    • Dr_Dude
    • THE WORST
    • Goliath123
    • Tom_Dj
    • Milo
    • Steve
    • Thethrillman
    • Whitehawk
    • geewhzz
    • ][ntamin22
    Percentage of vote: 44.29%
  2. All Coasters Go To Heaven by Strangelove 39 votes [55.71%]
    • Deurklink
    • Ling
    • Julow
    • AvanineCommuter
    • RenĂ©
    • RWE
    • Lilith
    • Iron Rattler
    • Lagom
    • Mr.Brightside711
    • thyeggman
    • djbrcace1234
    • Recurious
    • SupraTheHedgehog
    • inthemanual
    • Lowenaldo
    • 111112oo
    • CedarPoint6
    • Impulse
    • chorkiel
    • IonZer0
    • BelgianGuy
    • saxman1089
    • Ride6
    • Mattk48
    • Roomie
    • Louis!
    • alex
    • Chrixz
    • Xtreme97
    • csw
    • BlazingEmpireHD
    • AK Koaster
    • Mr. Coaster
    • Terry Inferno
    • SupraSix
    • Angroc
    • Version1
    • CHE
    Percentage of vote: 55.71%
  • Roomie%s's Photo

This was a really close one for me. I agonised for ages but eventually went for all coasters over Tahendo. 

Easily the best match up of the round for me in terms of difficulty choosing. both teams should be proud of their parks. As CSW said its a shame someone had to lose. 

• geewhzz%s's Photo
    Tahendo was robbed, but that is not to say the other park wasn't good as it was awesome. Tahendo is one of the best technical parks I think I've ever seen.

I loved Chiller and Drachenfire though, so sweet to see.
  • Kumba%s's Photo

I found both parks to be about equal. I loved the creativity of Coasters and the detailed architecture of Tehendo, mainly the fantastic use of Toon's stone blocks. Son of Kumba... that was just stupid... on both our parts :p Really tho, it was too much of a thing compared to the other underworld stuff, but nice job nailing the details on it. Were any other NE coasters even on the map? Really close, but in the end I went with a null vote on this due to how close it was and possible slight bias since one of my designs was included. 

• SSSammy%s's Photo

gee gee no re

• chorkiel%s's Photo

That being said I completely agree with the critisims of our park, it's not the most well made map in the world, but ultimately the builders wanted to just have fun with the concept and include the things they thought would be fun to build.

I think this basically hits the nail on its head in terms of why Strangelove won. We've almost seen (near) perfect recreations like Raptor and Grönalund. People may get less wowed by a superrealistic park from there on.

• Tolsimir%s's Photo

Too bad I viewed the parks too late to cast a vote. But still my review.

All Coasters go to heaven:

The concept of the park is a very cool idea. However I don't really care a lot about coasters in RCT at all. Don't ask me why, but generally they are not the part I'm interested most when viewing a park. So the heavy concentration on coasters didn't fetch me as much as it maybe should. So you built several coasters onto the map such that almost every spot is filled with one. This leads to the point that you have very little left to actually generate themes and push forward the concept. I mean most of the theming is for the coasters and there are not so many details to push forward the overall concept of the park. Sure you have the hell windows and the RMC tree of life was a cool idea. But other than that it felt more like a loose collection of coasters.

The archy felt a little weak on this. The castle is prominent and well done though. I like the small look through on the roof. Also the little changes in the palette work great on the roof color. The small village around the Vekoma is a little uninspired to me. With the station for the Batman and Robin ride you could have done more I think. Now it's just a big box. So in the end the park stands on a great idea that for me just doesn't spark a lot. So apart from the coaster layouts, which I still can appreciate, the theming side and overall commitment to the concept lacks a little. To put it a little into exaggerated words: The park still is more the generic themepark just with some fancy cloudy map cut off.

Tahendo Zoo:

This one I liked a lot. What is great about it is the overall believability of the map. The whole layout really does feel like a zoo. Although there are some unrealistic things regarding the cages (size, no roof for the monkeys) which I can oversee though for viewing convenience and the fact that there is a maximum mapsize. The archy is very well done you don't get the feeling it's there just for filler purposes. They don't feel like two dimensional facades as you also use the glass objects such that from some angles you can look inside. Like already said by others, the signs between the areas are awesome as is the combi of the normally ugly mesa stone objects and brown grass. There is nothing really I can complaint about, maybe just the size that it is really crammed and zoos should be a little more open. My favourite thing in the park is the little tunnel for the lions over the path which is a really cool thing and on top looks just great. Overall good job nin and austin, it's a pity that it lost.

I think you can see I would have voted for Tahendo, but what can you do if you arrive late to the party..

• ][ntamin22%s's Photo

That Drachen Fire opening inversion is simply stunning.  Just a gorgeous layout altogether but the five loop looks sooo good.

• MCI%s's Photo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKR-5ZsRseE&feature=youtu.be

• posix%s's Photo

Nice score for Tahendo. Well done nin. Even if it got robbed, I think you earned a lot of respect.

• nin%s's Photo
    Thank you, posix. Means a lot. :)
  • bigshootergill%s's Photo

Well Tahendo Zoo (Pridelands V2) beat All Coasters by a whopping 6% on the accolade votes. You're both winners!!! :D

• robbie92%s's Photo

I feel like Tahendo Zoo is going to be one of those releases that'll be more appreciated as time goes on. It's not flashy, it doesn't necessarily reach out to you immediately, but the perspective in the park from a guest POV is pretty much unparalleled in recent RCT works; I'm envious of the peeps that get to explore every nook and cranny of the park. 

• nin%s's Photo

29btiy.jpg

• roygbiv%s's Photo

^Very nice.

I would of voted for Tahendo.

• G Force%s's Photo

Well Tahendo Zoo (Pridelands V2) beat All Coasters by a whopping 6% on the accolade votes. You're both winners!!! :D

People on this site suck at voting.

I would have voted for Eras of America.

• Cocoa%s's Photo
    How many accolade panelists were people on either of our teams? 2pridelands2furious got shafted coz all its fans couldnt vote :p
  • Xeccah%s's Photo
    can we take off points for medical and psychiatric concerns around kyle's ego
  • BelgianGuy%s's Photo

i feel a lot of votes for tahendo went away cuz it was basically a reboot of a semi finished published park

• bigshootergill%s's Photo

It almost looks like a lot more panelists voted for Tahendo over All Coasters in the H2H poll... which would account for the Accolade differential. 

• AvanineCommuter%s's Photo
    Goes to show that a higher level of execution doesnt necessarily translate to a win in H2H. Concept / playing to voters is key.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading