H2H8 / H2H8 Round 4 Match 2 - Icons vs. UltraRealists

This topic hosts comments for 2 parks(View Parks)

Select your favorite park:

1. North Fork Mountain Park 29 votes [47.54%]
    • Camcorder22
    • Poke
    • Goliath123
    • Turtle
    • Casimir
    • Maverix
    • BirbSMB
    • 111112oo
    • Ling
    • Jappy
    • ida
    • RCThibo
    • GammaZero
    • shnupz
    • roygbiv
    • geewhzz
    • BelgianGuy
    • Whitehawk
    • SupraTheHedgehog
    • nin
    • SupraSix
    • Dr_Dude
    • Xtreme97
    • SimFox
    • Belgiancoasterfreak
    • SensualEthiopianPolice
    • misterthom
    • MCI
    • BigB
    Percentage of vote: 47.54%
  2. Park Guell 32 votes [52.46%]
    • Liampie
    • SSSammy
    • dr dirt
    • Six Frags
    • ultro
    • djbrcace1234
    • In:Cities
    • CedarPoint6
    • G Force
    • Steve
    • CoasterCreator9
    • olddtfan51
    • MrTycoonCoaster
    • Cocoa
    • tce_k
    • saxman1089
    • Faas
    • Julow
    • posix
    • Chrixz
    • WhosLeon
    • Roomie
    • Bubbsy41
    • Tom_Dj
    • ottersalad
    • chorkiel
    • CHE
    • Pacificoaster
    • Stoksy
    • bigshootergill
    • Ziscor
    • Tolsimir
    Percentage of vote: 52.46%
  • Liampie%s's Photo

I'm very disappointed in the Icons members who thought they found a way to exploit the rules to tilt the match in their favour after it was clear that they were losing. Grey area in the rules, but absolutely not in the spirit of the contest and you should've known. Very fucking immature. That said, good job Scoop and Bright. Shogo, also good job and fuck you.

This is not a hard game, why do people keep trying to fuck it? Me and others are putting a lot of effort into making this contest a success and fun for everyone, but people keep finding petty excuses for drama and it's turning people away. Selfish cunts.

• Version1%s's Photo

I'm very disappointed in the Icons members who thought they found a way to exploit the rules to tilt the match in their favour after it was clear that they were losing. Grey area in the rules, but absolutely not in the spirit of the contest and you should've known.

Oh yeah, we totally were the first one's to discover that ;)

• In:Cities%s's Photo
    Doesn't make it right.

What would Jesus do?

He'd probably light shogo on fire and send him to the Icons
  • RWE%s's Photo

I have no idea what happened at all. I just feel confused and exhausted. Two great parks though, proud of my team, and glad someone finally touched gaudi archy! Congrats UR for the win!

• Scoop%s's Photo

sucks that players on our team thought it was a good Idea to do this, it really leaves a bad taste in my mouth and kind of makes the rest of the team look bad as well. Anyways, Shotguns? fantastic dude.  I will definitely make a post and dot graph explaining shares and stuff later.

• Liampie%s's Photo

Oh yeah, we totally were the first one's to discover that ;)

I haven't seen any proof of manipulation/vote recruitment in other matches. Definitely not on the massive scale seen here. It wasn't even a close match. You guys were losing by a large margin and didn't like it, so you dug up some friends and recruited facebook friends to vote for you. How twisted is your mind that you think this was a fair thing to do? That you actually deserved the win? If you honestly think you did nothing wrong I hope you will never participate in an NE contest again.

• Coasterbill%s's Photo
    It’s a shame that some people on our team don’t know how to take a brutal skull fucking of a vote gracefully like I did on Arendelle.

Sad!
  • Bubbsy41%s's Photo

I have no idea what happened at all. I just feel confused and exhausted. Two great parks though, proud of my team, and glad someone finally touched gaudi archy! Congrats UR for the win!

Yah sure...

• Six Frags%s's Photo

Uhm, wow, it's just a 16 year old game guys, why go to such lengths just for a win? Isn't having fun constructing the park(s) with your team enough of a satisfaction? Well, it should be, and if not you're playing this game for the wrong reasons.. Such a shame..

Scoop, I'm impressed by your work this H2H, loved your stuff on Arendelle and if you did what I think you did on Northfork I love that as well. Looks like you ended up on the wrong team :p and mr. brightside good job as well I guess.. Was expecting a shogo solo, well done dude, shame you had a leakage.

• CoasterCreator9%s's Photo
    I really feel badly for both teams. This isn’t fair to those not involved and just overall really shitty; it’s really hard to watch and not fun to witness this play out.

Congratulations to UR; it was a pretty close pick for me.
  • saxman1089%s's Photo

It’s a shame that some people on our team don’t know how to take a brutal skull fucking of a vote gracefully like I did on Arendelle.

Sad!

Attached Image: sad.jpg

• Camcorder22%s's Photo

Yall suck shit.  

Nice job builders.  

• SensualEthiopianPolice%s's Photo

-_-

• Turtle%s's Photo

errrrr what? why can't people just build stuff and be cool?

Second time viewing Park Guell and I liked it a lot more.. I still feel like the mountain park was my favourite though, I thought it had more interesting content. 

• tce_k%s's Photo

This sucks. Both teams were phenomenal in this match.

Best park won though, sucks Icons had to try to bend the rules in their favour. 

• Iron Rattler%s's Photo

So this was a round that happened. Trying to get reviews back on track because both parks were great and deserve attention outside of the controversy. 

North Fork Mountain Park

- I love this parks theme and demeanor. We don't get too many good Appalachian parks and you guys got the theme and atmosphere down perfectly. It's a great park that stands on it's own without too much handholding.

- A quick thing to note in this review. I'm running a very old version of Open where apparently cutaway doesn't work quite as well as in the newer versions? So some of the cutaway areas don't work quite as well for me as they should. Still they're a great detail and all the little scenes are a lot of fun to explore. I don't quite get the log jam though.

- I thought the entrance area was unnecessarily messy. I'm not one to complain about the entrance being made invisible or not, but the way you left it with just a diagonal sliver was a little bit distracting. The idea of all the rides up to the top of the hill was great also, but I found the execution of the tractor's journey up to the top a little lacking. 

- I loved how ugly and worn down the landscaping and old mining equipment was. It had a great worn down feeling that fit the region well in my opinion. There was just so much content to explore and marvel at on this map, one of its best features. One of my favorites was the broken coal conveyor back by copperhead.

- Copperhead's pacing was definitely a little bit rough in some of the inversions but it was a lot of fun to watch interact with itself and its landscaping. The log flume had some great theming and interaction, maybe my favorite ride in the park. 

- I think the architecture was a bit inconsistent which was one of this park's main weaknesses. Some of the buildings were great, but others were a bit lacking, particularly the grey and blue one's by copperhead. I also think this park had some compositional missed opportunities, there were a lot of chances I thought to pull out a stunning vista or moment on a queue or a path that could have elevated this. 

- Still this is a great park, and I hope that's what this match up is remembered for from the Icons. It's definitely one I want to come back to and explore, I think its replay value will be high. This is definitely one of my favorite Icons parks and I would vote for this park in a lot of match ups. From a panel perspective I'd probably give it a 75%

• MK98%s's Photo

Don't act like you don't know shit. I always thought you were a cool dude but this is bullcrap. Fun is always more important than winning and keeping your NE-friends is always better than cheating. For the rest: same what Liampie and CC9 said. This is bad for the goodwill of the team, and that's sad for the rest of the team.
  • SSSammy%s's Photo
    Imagine I copy and pasted my “get some fucking perspective” rant
  • Recurious%s's Photo

Congratulations to the UltraRealists on the win. Your park wasn't really my personal taste but its still really good, so I think still a deserved win.

Then, I don't wanna start any big discussions but I also have some thoughts on all the "controversy" surrounding this match. First of all, this is my first H2H where I have been kind of on the "inside" of things as to where in previous H2H's I was always just a spectator, so for me this was all kind of a new experience in which I noticed a lot of things which I kinda wanna state. You guys will probably think the stuff I'm about to say is controversial and I will probably get some backlash, but whatever, half our team doesn't really care about the contest anymore anyways. I will keep out all the names in the following paragraphs, but you can probably put 1 and 1 together if you want and you can figure out who I am talking about.

So first of all I think there is absolutely nothing wrong with getting people to vote for a match up, I also think there is nothing wrong with convincing people to vote for your park, as long as you give people the ability to make up their own mind. This is basically what happens in politics as well, politicians will try to convince people that their ideas are good (and this is definitely also happening within NE, people are definitely campaigning for their parks on discord or on the forum). But in general they also just try to get as many people to vote for them as possible. This can for example be by campaigning in an area where they are likely to get many people to vote for them. There is nothing wrong with this imo, every person has the right to vote, and every person's opinion is worth as much as anyone else.

Because of this I don't understand the flak that some of our members are getting. I understand that cheating is wrong (but more on that later), but in my eyes there is nothing wrong with promoting a match up in a place where you think you are likely to get votes from. Of course you want to motivate the people who like your park more to also actually vote. If you wouldn't do this you are just stupid. Also, this is literally what every other team is doing as well, if you think this doesn't happen you are naive as fuck.

Let me show you an example:

After we were catching up yesterday a member from ultrarealists posted this message in the NE discord to get people to vote.

slUvNQC.png

Sure he did not tell these people what to vote, but I think he had a pretty good idea in mind what park these people would vote for, otherwise he would not have tagged them. In the end Tolsimir did end up voting for UR to set off the balance. To me this is perfectly fair game. These people have the right to vote, so reminding them to vote is perfectly legit, even if you know they will likely vote for you.

Then the second thing, which is not okay, is telling people to vote for you, and not just because of the park, but just because of rivalry, nepotism or any other reason. Whether this is the case or not is for the referee to decide and unfortunately the referee judged this to be the case for some votes in our park so these votes where subtracted. I will not try to justify this as the referee has the final judgement in this matter, but I think it is still important to note that most of the votes that we got where gained through fair means. It truly is a shame that this match is clouded in controversy because I think the builders of our park deserved better and I think they really made a great park. I will also not act like I myself am completely free of blame, but I do feel like some of our members are getting flak which is undeserved.

I also think some of the flak is a bit hypocritical, a lot of people are acting very offended and shocked that the referee judged the icons to be involved in vote manipulation. But I think to a lesser extent vote manipulation has been happening during the entire contest already. That is not to say that I think we deserved to win more match ups or something, because I definitely feel like all the matches we lost were losses we deserved. But in a lot of match ups (not ours, but between other teams) there were some very iffy, shady and questionable votes especially when the score was close. Also people can deny all they want, but the fact is that many people just vote for their friends if a match up is close or people just vote against people they don't like. See:

EDIT: Just to be clear, I'm not accusing Liam of anything here, I am quite sure he did not know about this.

40kMxOc.png

Also, because of the very set-up of the contest it is very sensitive to voter fraud to get your team an edge. You vote on eachothers match ups in order to proceed and therefore you can just vote on the teams which are most favorable for your team to proceed to the semi's. This is of course very difficult to prove, but it would be extremely naive to think this isn't happening. I therefore think that if in future editions of H2H or other contests you want to do something about this you need to change the voting system. The current system is way to sensitive to fraud because there are to many ways to vote strategically.

In any case, that's just my 2 cents, do with it what you will. Shout out to the builders of both parks, hope the parks will be remembered for what they were and not all the drama around it, although I did find the drama quite entertaining. Bye.

• Liampie%s's Photo

40kMxOc.png

I don't know who said this and where, but please leave me out of it and just vote for the better park. I don't want your unconditional support

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading