H2H8 / H2H8 Round 5 Match 3 - The Replacements vs The Icons

This topic hosts comments for 2 parks(View Parks)
  • Recurious%s's Photo

Already said this in the discord, but will say this here as well for the people not in there. I am not really that involved in the community as some other people here, so I don't really want to get involved in all the drama that is going on with this match up. I just wanted to build a cool park, It was not my choice for the extra "read me" to be added, nor do I feel the urge to share my opinion on it. I would like to stay neutral in this discussion as I simply do not care about the drama.

That being said, I hope you guys enjoy our park and that you can take some time to review it, I would really appreciate that. Will review the replacements park at a later time and will also share a map of the build process and who build what in our park at a later time when more people have viewed the park.

• CoasterCreator9%s's Photo
    Again, feel really bad for those not involved in the drama nonsense.

I can’t look at the parks for awhile, but I promise I will as soon as I can and give my thoughts on both. I’ve heard wonderful things about each.

I’m saddened that this topic isn’t being dealt with in a more productive and less drama-inducing manner. Seems like this could have been handled much better for the benefit of the community and the teams involved - rather than causing issues for a contest that a lot of people were actually enjoying. Too bad.
  • Coupon%s's Photo

i dont see an rmc how is there this much controversy? 

• Iron Rattler%s's Photo
    The saddest part about this is how I honestly expected the Icons to do this. It's the definition of taking your ball and going home and ruining a contest for others. Yeah there are a lot of people in this contest not having fun, but a ton of people are enjoying themselves in this contest up to this point. 
    You’re acting like there is some big lesson to your move but the lesson is what? Don't care? As a team we've put in hundreds of hours of efforts into this season, of course we care. One decision has fucked over three teams, The Ultrarealists who's season you've single handedly decided to end, guys on the Icons like Recurious who seemed to just want to build good parks and are now lumped into this decision, and the replacements who’s park won’t get the feedback it deserved and will have this matchup tainted. 
    This matchup honestly would have been a great end to the round robin, as both parks look very good. Instead we get this, 
    Great job to Sens Bubbsy Gamma Poke and Recurious. I’ll try and get around to reviewing your parks at some point. 
  • FK+Coastermind%s's Photo

The fact that a builder had a readme added to his park without his consent, that led to a DQ, is just unbelievable and undefendable.

• WhosLeon%s's Photo

I would have preferred the replacements park if it was either chinese or arabian, not both. The way the rides are both just there on the map with absolutely no transition or connection other than an extremely thin thematic one, so close that their music overlaps but so different in tone and look that they may as well be two different parks is just baffling and ridiculous. Both sides of the park look nice, they would have made decent designs on their own.
    The Icons park is absolutely beautiful and is seriously in my top 5 along with The Island, DAW, La Reve and Table With Umbrella. Everything about it is charming and I could sit there looking for hours and hours. Everything. This whole DQ drama will probably get in the way of proper feedback and reviewing, but Icons? You certainly went out with one hell of a fucking bang. You know how to make a exit Lou you fucking kween slay goddamn

Baffling and rediculous? Seriously? This is why people quit.
  • Scoop%s's Photo

shnupz must really not like either of the busch gardens parks then. :p

• Jaguar%s's Photo

Can we just forget the rules, still hold a poll, and elect a new team leader or something? Problem solved.

• Bubbsy41%s's Photo

There has yet to be a review for my shitty silk road park.........

• Xeccah%s's Photo

bubbs you just build seas of antiquity but worse 

• saxman1089%s's Photo

bubbs you just build seas of antiquity but better

Fixed it for you. =P

In all seriousness, haven't had a chance to look at either park, but I promise I will provide reviews for both once I do!

• Bubbsy41%s's Photo

what park is that again? Is that the one where you copied morocco? and trying to get posix to love you?

• Scoop%s's Photo

got em

• saxman1089%s's Photo

nin and bubbsy build park. Shogo copies nin and bubbsy. bubbsy copies shogo. bubbsy copies himself? 

I am confuzzled.

• Scoop%s's Photo

where is robbie in all of this.

• saxman1089%s's Photo

building cool asian shit somewhere.

• ottersalad%s's Photo

I would have preferred the replacements park if it was either chinese or arabian, not both. The way the rides are both just there on the map with absolutely no transition or connection other than an extremely thin thematic one, so close that their music overlaps but so different in tone and look that they may as well be two different parks is just baffling and ridiculous. Both sides of the park look nice, they would have made decent designs on their own.

I agree with WhosLeon.. you gotta cool it with stupid hot takes like this. It's getting really old.

• Wanted%s's Photo

where is robbie in all of this.

Living his life away from this pathetic moment in NE history.
  • G Force%s's Photo

Everyone needs to chill out a bit here, take a deep breath and think about what you're saying.  Maybe give the parks the attention they deserve?  Not worth complaining about what happened if you're not going to give focus to the parks.

• Turtle%s's Photo

Two really nice parks, I will review both when I have some time.

I obviously haven't been following what's gone on, and I don't go on Discord, but goddamn this is a dick move, real throw your toys out of the pram time. Just let the parks go head to head as normal, then pull your team out IF you qualify for the finals. How hard is that? 

Feel sorry for everyone involved, as i've always had a really nice time participating in H2H.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading