H2H8/8 / H2H8/8 - General Thread

You and H2H8/8

• Liampie%s's Photo

The contest you've been waiting for for fifteen years...

What is H2H8/8?

After all the avant garde high detail violence that was H2H8, H2H8/8 throws you back to simpler times; around 2002, when parks took three days to build and not three decades. Consider it a cooling down from H2H. Roleplay perhaps. Can I be iris? If you want to win you shouldn't play. If you want to have fun and build parks you wouldn't otherwise, play. Link to original idea.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Format

Instead of having a pre-determined schedule with pre-determined matches, the contest will be structured by just five pre-determined deadlines, or Rounds. You can submit a park at any point, and it will be a part of the next Round.

Round 1: Wednesday August 22nd 23:59 GMT
    Round 2: Sunday September 2nd 23:59 GMT
    Round 3: Wednesday September 12th 23:59 GMT
    Round 4: Sunday September 23rd 23:59 GMT
    Round 5: Saturday October 13th 23:59 GMT

After each deadline, we will randomly assign two parks by opposing teams to a match. Submissions that cannot be assigned to a match, for example if the number of submissions is odd, will be used in the next Round. In each match, the winner will be decided through a poll, as is customary. After the last Round, we will calculate the number of wins for each team, with the % score used as a tie breaker. The best performing team will be crowned H2H8/8 champions! There are no restrictions as to how many parks you can submit and when you should do this. This indeed means you do not have to participate in every Round, and that you can submit more parks than there are Rounds.

The Rules

First of all, the contest is LL-only. Tough luck for you RCT2-fetishists. Parks can be no larger than 60x60. Using codex is not forbidden, but heavily discouraged. Try to build like it's 2002, unless you want to look like this guy, awkwardly overdressed. Like a professional athlete that goes to play with the neighbourhood kids, only to completly annihilate them with misplaced competitiveness. Don't be that guy, try to play the role! Oh, and no more than two people can work on a park, just like in the old days. Repeat player combos are allowed.

Are there any other rules?

Not really, just requests. 1) don't be a dick. 2) advertising is allowed but discouraged, because not knowing too much about the opposition makes for a more fun contest. 3) don't use stuff you built before the start of H2H8/8, unless it's only a tiny bit. See request 1. Casual or not, the contest should be fair!

The Teams

All the participants will be divided into teams of four to five. How many teams there will be, depends on how many people sign up for H2H8/8. You can sign up as either a captain or a player. A captain's responsibility is forming the team during a draft, making sure everyone ends up on a team they're happy with, and determining the team name and logo; after the teams have been formed, the captain's role is only ceremonial. A player just plays. In case there aren't enough captains, some player will have to step up for this huge task. The teams are responsible for their own communication, there will be no team forums or things supplied by us.

The captains will be determined on August 8th (8/8!), and shortly after a draft will be held. Everyone who signs up before the draft, will be part of a team. There is no guarantee that people who sign up after the draft will get to play on a team too, but we will try to find everyone a home.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sign-ups

Liampie (player)
    Terry Inferno (player)
    SupraTheHedgehog (player)
    Iron Rattler (player)
    Scoop (captain)
    Cocoa (captain)

Poke (player)
    Kumba (captain)
    Danni (player)
    ][ntamin22 (captain)
    Merzbow666 (captain)

Jaguar (player)
    bigshootergill (player)
    shnupz (player)
    GammaZero (captain)
    Julow (player) (solo only)
    MK98 (player)
    alex (player)
    RWE (captain)
    Jappy (player)
    chorkiel (player)
    Ling (player) (tentatively solo only)
    Wouter VL (player)
    CoasterCreator9 (player)
    Version1 (player)
    ottersalad (player)
    Rofl (player)
    posix (player)
    Bubbsy41 (only for first deadline) (player)
    wjw42 (player)
    G Force (player)
    SSSammy (player)

Getting started with LL

A lot of you are new to LL. Welcome. Please do share your problems with getting the game to work correctly, there won't be a better time for LL help than right now. To start building, you can take either of these two benches, depending on if you want peeps in your park or not:

Attached File  H2H88 Bench Peepable.SV4 (279.1KB)
    downloads: 248
    Attached File  H2H88 Bench Peepless.SV4 (278.41KB)
    downloads: 232

It's a bit unsportsmanlike to start your parks before the teams are formed though. Stick to familiarising yourself with the game, and doing some tests and layouts. In a few days, you can go full steam ahead.

The openness of the contest is one of it's defining properties, but especially right after H2H8 there may be some confusion about what can and can't be done here. Ask questions!
  • Terry Inferno%s's Photo

I'll sign up for this. I can run LL, but not Codex, so this will be perfect.

• SupraTheHedgehog%s's Photo

Already building something for August 28th, but after that, I'll try to build something despite school restarting for me.

I'll sign up.

• Iron Rattler%s's Photo

Looking forward to this. I'll join as a player

• Scoop%s's Photo

I'm signing up. Put me down for captain if now is the time.

• Cocoa%s's Photo
    Captain my boy
  • inthemanual%s's Photo

I'll try to get LL working on my PC this weekend

• Poke%s's Photo

edit

player. changed my mind

• Kumba%s's Photo

Captain/Player

• Danni%s's Photo

Sure, I'm in as a player!

• csw%s's Photo

When's the deadline to sign up?

• ][ntamin22%s's Photo

In.  Captain, player.

• Lilith%s's Photo

captain or player!

• Jaguar%s's Photo

Sign me up as a player. I should warn, I'm not very experienced in LL

• bigshootergill%s's Photo
    I’ll play, not sure how productive I’ll be though, just want to screw around with LL a bit
  • shnupz%s's Photo

sign me the fuck up Liam

player

• G Force%s's Photo

maybe, im undecided

• GammaZero%s's Photo
    What the hell, this starts late af

I'll play

Captain or player lol
  • Julow%s's Photo
    I would like to join but I want to build solo only, is it possible ?
  • MK98%s's Photo
    I'll join as a player.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading