H2H8/8 / H2H8/8 - General Thread

You and H2H8/8

• Ling%s's Photo

How will the matching system work? It sounds like any team could submit any number of entries at any point. If one team submits 5 parks in the first round but the team they're up against submits 1, what happens? Does the team get to choose which parks are put forward, and in which order? 

• Liampie%s's Photo

How will the matching system work? It sounds like any team could submit any number of entries at any point. If one team submits 5 parks in the first round but the team they're up against submits 1, what happens? Does the team get to choose which parks are put forward, and in which order?

If the submissions for round 1 are as follows:

Team 1: 5 parks

Team 2: 1 park

Team 3: 0 parks

Team 4: 0 parks

Team 5: 0 parks

Team 6: 0 parks

There will be one match of team 1 vs team 2, using a randomly picked team 1 park. The four remaining parks will be thrown back in the pool for round 2.

In reality I don't think such a ridiculous scenario would happen. It's not a waterproof system for sure but with a pragmatic attitude by everyone it should be fine!

• bigshootergill%s's Photo

Should be fun to see a barrage of LL parks... I don't think anyone will take it too seriously... and if they do, they'll probably beat anything I build :p

• Ling%s's Photo

I guess I was envisioning a system of having multiple parks in a round, especially if most people are playing solo or at most in pairs. Probably too much to keep track of logistically, but there seems to be a lot of interest and the parks shouldn't take long to build by design. Hopefully that means we end up with an abundance of parks, and then it might be fun to pit a bunch against one another. Even if it's more than one per each team per round.

• posix%s's Photo

Whatevs, count me in as a player.

I have some time next week to produce, but please don't expect much. I'll take the take-it-easy mantra quite literal on this one.

• Bubbsy41%s's Photo
    Sign me up. I can only build till the first deadline unfortunately.
  • wjw42%s's Photo

I'll join as a player. No school until right when the contest ends sounds perfect.

• Cocoa%s's Photo
    Woo i want posix
  • Liampie%s's Photo

I'll join as a player. No school until right when the contest ends sounds perfect.

Hello! Have you ever played LL before? Just asking out of curiousity because you're not a familiar name! :)

• inthemanual%s's Photo
    How many times can you pass off a park for a shared creative vision in only 2-3 days?
  • Liampie%s's Photo

Is that a challenge?

• inthemanual%s's Photo
    Could be.
  • wjw42%s's Photo

Liampie, yes, I have the game on gog. Although I've pretty much only played openrct recently. I found this specific contest through reddit but I followed H2H8 around a bit and other things.

• Ling%s's Photo

wjw42 - that version is "RCT Deluxe", you should probably ensure you can get the game Drexler patched so you can open the workbench Liampie posted. You will probably also find you need to rely on trainers for things like zero clearance and adding money, which will require the Drexler patch.

• G Force%s's Photo

Player - elel

• Milo%s's Photo

I'm not so sure now but I'm quite interested.

likewise.  It would be a big step out of my comfort zone.  I'm not sure how much creativity I can bring or if I would just use previous releases as inspiration. 

• csw%s's Photo

I think I'm going to pass on this unfortunately. I don't have a ton of time to build, and when I do, I want to spend it on my solo park. Next time! 

• saxman1089%s's Photo

So after lots of thinking and deciding and re-deciding, I've ultimately decided to pass on this. As much as I want to participate, I don't really have the time to commit to building (or learning a whole new style of building) at the moment. If help is needed behind the scenes, please let me know!

• Liampie%s's Photo

I'm not so sure now but I'm quite interested.

I added you to the sign-up list initially but I'm not sure that was correct. Can you and Milo confirm in the next few days?

edit: Turns out I didn't add you to the list. I was mistaken because I added you to my own excel sheet.

Also, Sam, you voted in the poll but didn't comment. I assume I should add you to the list.

• Liampie%s's Photo

Captains

After monitoring the sign-ups for the past days, it has been decided that there will be five teams, captained by the players below. We will try to announce the draft date as soon as possible - until then you can still sign up of course.

Cocoa

Scoop

Merzbow666

Kumba

][ntamin22

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading