General Chat / CORONAVIRUS? IS TECHNOLOGY EVOLVING?

• MrTycoonCoaster%s's Photo
    I am not trying to appear irrational, nor am I in favor of conspiracy theory, I am just saying what I think and it is good to hear other opinions. Of course I think I may be wrong.
    Sorry, I expressed it badly, maybe and just maybe some governments where there is overpopulation may think about finding ways to reduce poor people and especially where there is a lot of unemployment, because unemployment is a critical social problem in some places.
    (I actually heard stories from people who traveled to other countries, they may be telling the truth or not, I just heard it).
    I can't believe that CORONA came from the bat or another animal.
    I know there are problems in any country, but for us your country is great to live in, well, for example here we only hear about Sweden well.
    City of Rio de Janeiro champion in slum, thousands and thousands of people living in crowds, precarious hygiene, garbage in the streets and sidewalks, sewage without plumbing, barefoot children, lack of schools, poor medical care, and here in landfills people eat leftovers from food in the trash and no new viruses appear?
    (I don't want new viruses, just comparative expression)
  • CoasterCreator9%s's Photo

There are probably thousands if not hundreds of thousands of animal-vector diseases that pose a threat to us as humans, this is just one of the first big examples of that. Hopefully it gets people more interested in the topic. (That and antibiotic resistance, but that's a whole different story.)

True CoasterCreator9, i agree, yes it can be that too.

Here in Brazil on TV and You Tube they are saying that it is to force the price of oil down, others say that it is to reduce overpopulation but that the virus has gone out of control, others say that the intention is commercial-financial, others say great marketing move for the drug industry, others say our planet is financially broken.
    For all of this, I am against technology replacing people because they can make our leaders take extreme action in the face of overcrowding chaos and financial crises.

In general, it is not my words what I am hearing, people do not believe and think that this virus was manufactured for the purpose of various intentions.

I am in favor of technology for example: in medicine, hospitals, electric cars, other sources of energy, computers, cell phones, reducing air and river pollution, applying technology in mega constructions that will generate benefits, improve people's quality of life , improve the means of transport, improve the quality of food with less pesticides, eliminate nuclear plants by other sources of energy, apply technology to prevent or mitigate floods etc., in this sense I am in favor, but that this does not take jobs from people .
    I didn't know about the existence of this book, my friend spoke to me, he read some excerpts for me, it is impressive talking about creating a pneumonia virus around the year 2020. Book was written in 1981.

"THEY CALL THE STUFF "WUHAN-400" because it as developed at their RDNA labs".
    "WUAHN-400 IS A PERFECT WEAPON"

The Eyes of Darkness by Dean Koontz

WTF!
  • Cocoa%s's Photo

yall are a bunch of crazy people

its fun

yeah Cocoa

But unfortunately it is a reality, I am sad to see all this, and honestly I am afraid, even knowing the word of God, I know that we have already gone through other crises, but this came to break.
    Here in Brazil everything is getting chaotic, everything is closing, they are already talking about thousands of people being unemployed.
    Chaos in the economy, industries and commerce.
    There is no alcohol gel in supermarkets.
    We don't have the structure to deal with large-scale pandemics.
    We are seeing the situation in Italy and we are perplexed, and thinking about these people, how complicated for them, how terrible what they are going through.
    Here in Brazil they are hiding the truth, the thing is very serious, more than you think. :(
    All my clients have cut services, I'm in a panic. :(
  • ScOtLaNdS_FiNeSt%s's Photo
    Seriously man the fact that people even on here are questioning this. Its real if it hasnt reached your part of the world yet it... it will soon.

Once it does and a family member has a health condition .. You will stop being so dismissive.
    Thanks for the words, helped me.
    To tell you the truth, everything that has been happening in the last few days is teaching me to rethink my attitudes in life, this is good.
    First comes fear and despair, then you raise your head and say: I'm facing and win, and so I wish everyone around the world.
  • nicman%s's Photo

This reminds me of when my driver instructor told me aids was created by the CIA. 

There are millions of viruses in the world, not all of them have been discovered. They are the most common life form and it's just by chance that this one affects humans. The only one who is at fault is the Chinese government for silencing the virus to protect there reputation.

• Xeccah%s's Photo

Blaming this on automation and technological advancement is misguided, but it's a grievance I can understand. Literally everything in the OP is showing why attaching worth and guarantee of human rights to productivity doesn't work in late capitalism. Essentially so many of our jobs even in what's considered "developed" (read: colonizer) nations is just service economy work, half of which really is unnecessary to producing and distributing resources out to people who need it. Automation is seeking to further free us from the necessary of human labor.

I'm sorry that you essentially are living in a corrupt budding fascist police state in Brazil (as if most of the rest of the world isn't too far behind) which is making this problem so much worse.

Overpopulation is a myth, overconsumption by the populations privileged enough to be born in the right areas in the world definitely is not a myth. However akin to fascism, it's more politically convenient to blame the problems of capitalism and a privileged hierarchy of people conspicuously consuming on "too many people", and so there's some understandable reason for people to believe that the upper classes would find a way to rid the world of undesirables that leaves the rich without culpability of the murders of millions if not billions of people.

You are right to trust no state's intent, but this virus is a terrible way to go about realizing some fash wet murder dream; look at how many people in the ownership class are being affected by this.

"But do prices remain high with the purchase of modern equipment? but hasn't technology improved costs?"

Capitalism isn't concerned with ensuring the workers of the world are fed, just that profits are made. Your life is expendable. The best you can get out of all of this shit happening is to radicalize yourself.

• Xeccah%s's Photo

These accusations of an unproven conspiracy theory have consequences. There's an influx of xenophobia caused by misinformation surrounding this virus.

Also, Technology is great. It's improved our lives a ton. I have so many friends that are more disabled than myself that I couldn't imagine their life expectancy being essentially halved without the technology we have now. Most of our jobs are useless. Your job in HR is almost certainly one of them; and that's not a dig at you or anyone in the majority with a useless job. But it does mean your access to the things you need to survive are at stake and can be taken away at will whenever someone higher up than you sees fit.

So Nicman, here in Brazil dozens of Brazilian videos are running on You Tube, where China is to blame.
    Others say it is a diabolical plan to increase China is wealth because its production is normal, they are supplying various health items to the world.
    I am not an expert in these global and economic matters, I don't even understand the stock market (lol). Sorry the laughter is to take the stress.

The strange thing is that we have already lived other crises, of serious health and this was not the case.
    Or simply is coronavirús really from the bat? (I mean it was just a fatality)

God protect us all

Blaming this on automation and technological advancement is misguided, but it's a grievance I can understand. Literally everything in the OP is showing why attaching worth and guarantee of human rights to productivity doesn't work in late capitalism. Essentially so many of our jobs even in what's considered "developed" (read: colonizer) nations is just service economy work, half of which really is unnecessary to producing and distributing resources out to people who need it. Automation is seeking to further free us from the necessary of human labor.

I'm sorry that you essentially are living in a corrupt budding fascist police state in Brazil (as if most of the rest of the world isn't too far behind) which is making this problem so much worse.

Overpopulation is a myth, overconsumption by the populations privileged enough to be born in the right areas in the world definitely is not a myth. However akin to fascism, it's more politically convenient to blame the problems of capitalism and a privileged hierarchy of people conspicuously consuming on "too many people", and so there's some understandable reason for people to believe that the upper classes would find a way to rid the world of undesirables that leaves the rich without culpability of the murders of millions if not billions of people.

You are right to trust no state's intent, but this virus is a terrible way to go about realizing some fash wet murder dream; look at how many people in the ownership class are being affected by this.

"But do prices remain high with the purchase of modern equipment? but hasn't technology improved costs?"

Capitalism isn't concerned with ensuring the workers of the world are fed, just that profits are made. Your life is expendable. The best you can get out of all of this shit happening is to radicalize yourself.

Shogo your words were well said, you spoke better, that is more or less how I think.
    I am very naive, I thought that governments care about the people.
    Pure reality | Bill Gates has vision

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Af6b_wyiwI&feature=youtu.be

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading