Apologies if this is not the right place. I tried making a new account but did not have ability to post from there so dug up my insanely old email (no clue how remembered that password) and got back in...
Is this place still a thing? Do people still make parks for old school loopy landscapes?
I have a PC for the first time in...is it decades now? I was a teen when I was building parks here, back when we switched from danimation and iris was running the show.
in the back of my mind, my last project is still incomplete and 3 parks long and is has periodically eaten at the back of my mind. maybe 55% but 1 map almost complete and the rest over half each and dont even know anything anymore. This post is probably annoying.
Is the Beast still the ultimate tool for altering things in loopy landscapes? Is there an easy guide to link to to get old parkmaking tools set up for windows 10?
Are any of the old school parkmakers still around?
Nice to see you around. Yeah, a lot of the old guys are still around. Posix, Kumba, Blitz, Milo, Ride6, Kai, etc. Most of the activity happens on our discord server (link at the bottom of this page)
thanks for the tip on the discord server, just hopped in, wow amazing some of the old heads are still here! I gotta figure out how to get things running again and just booted up my old mac to see if my projects are still saved there. Dont know where the random itch came from...
Damn, it's really cool seeing one of the first members of this site return after a decade and a half... don't think there's ever been a comeback like that.
There's still a few LL players on the site: csw, Alex, Pierrot, ][ntamin, Poke, Merzbow, cocoa, etc. There hasn't been a lot of releases from the game in recent years but a lot of people would be more than happy to see more LL. I'd also recommend checking out Openrct2, it makes building much easier and has caused a sort of revival.
Codex is mostly used now but beast trainer and 4cars are both still prevalent... a lot of LL parks from the h2h8/8 contest in 2018 didn't use codex. It shouldn't be too difficult to set them up, the trainers and game should work well in compatibility mode.
There's still a few LL players on the site: csw, Alex, Pierrot, ][ntamin, Poke, Merzbow, cocoa, etc.
You and ][ntamin on discord as well conveniently leaving out the most recent LL spotlight winner. :lol:
OpenRCT2 is a good suggestion, and Codex is essential for LL! Some other neat things to look at:
- The List for an overview of relevant RCT2 parks from 1999 to 2017
- The LList for the LL edition
- H2H8, contest from 2018 with probably the most advanced RCT to date
- H2H8/8, a low key H2H1-inspired LL-only contest, also from 2018
- Panel scores for old accolades. In 2008 the site introduced a panel to judge what accolades submissions should get. When we moved to this version of NE in 2013, all pre-2008 parks went up for retroactive panel scoring as well. Not a decision I'm a fan of but I greatly enjoyed the process itself, and all regular accolades have finally been scored since only a few weeks ago - including yours!