Micro Madness 2023 / MM4 - General Topic & Signups

• Gustav Goblin%s's Photo

Daaaaaaaaaaaamn dude. Show us that sweet archi. Just not in my round please.

• Ge-Ride%s's Photo

I don't know if I'll finish in time for the deadline but I will do my best. Sign me up as a late entrant.

• AmusementParker%s's Photo

Well I guess this will be my first submission ever... please sign me up :o 

• Liampie%s's Photo

Excellent, welcome aboard.

• posix%s's Photo

From Rule B.2: https://www.nedesigns.com/topic/40752/mm4-rules-regulations/?p=784557

The tile limit for each map will be set at the start of each round and will not always be the same 15x15 or 225 tiles that has been utilised in the past.

As R1 submissions are coming in every day and we're in respective dialogue with you, we notice quite a few have begun building on their would-be R2 entries. With the above tile limit variations per round this season, we realise this may punish some who have either planned too large or small. Initially, the new limits were added to (1) simply shake things up a bit, especially in light of what wonderful things we've seen in the Building Challenges, and (2) to have a certain element of added fairness, as more people were thought to start building at the same time once a tile limit is revealed.

However, as we are now seeing all the engagement with micros, we believe it quite simply kills off some RCT that would otherwise happen whilst excitement is high. Since we want the most RCT possible we've thus decided to both adapt and reveal the tile limits for all rounds today.

MM23 Tile Limits

R2: 225 tiles (15x15) Now intentionally the same as R1, so that any advance entries are safe. https://www.nedesigns.com/topic/40722/mm4-general-topic-signups/?p=784570

R3: 100 tiles (10x10) Extra micro! Perhaps the best opportunity in the event to entirely lose the concept of "a map". https://www.nedesigns.com/topic/40722/mm4-general-topic-signups/?p=784571

R4: 400 tiles (20x20) The four top players of the contest in one large ring to duke it out. https://www.nedesigns.com/topic/40722/mm4-general-topic-signups/?p=784572

NB the focus is on total tiles, not dimensions. All shapes and colours are welcome. Get creative, that's what the contest is for!

In the meantime, best of success to everyone still finishing their R1 entry. It's shaping up to be lovely event :mantis:

• wheres_walto%s's Photo

100 tile semis is gonna be complete insanity

• bmschulz%s's Photo

Very stoked for the 10x10 round. I've done a lot of 10x10ish builds myself just for kicks, but I'm quite excited to see what better, more creative players than myself can whip up with such a small number of tiles!

• SB1%s's Photo
    Sign me up!
  • Liampie%s's Photo

Good to have you on board SB1! I love seeing some fresh faces in here.

• Xtreme97%s's Photo

The Micro Madness Round 1 deadline has now passed!

Out of the initial 60 players in the Bracket we received 53 entries, with the following players unfortunately dropping out:
    - CoasterCreator9
    - Zarathustra
    - Levis
    - Version1
    - Hobeon
    - GigaG
    - eshh

Their places will be taken by the submissions from the late signups who all submitted an entry:
    - wheres_walto
    - roygbiv
    - Ziscor
    - AmusementParker
    - Ge-Ride
    - SB1

They will be placed according to their seed to ensure higher seeds are replaced with the stronger players. As there were 7 drop-outs and 6 replacements, there will also be a group of three players, but don't be so quick to envy them as the competition is exceptional this time.

The first matches have been posted and the rest will come in the following days, so keep an eye out! The updated Bracket including the replacements has also been posted in the Bracket & Seeding thread. Enjoy this enormous first round and good luck in your groups!

• Liampie%s's Photo

Reminder to get your votes in tonight - for the red division at least. A few hours left.

• Liampie%s's Photo

Five hours left until the R2 deadline!

• Xtreme97%s's Photo

The Micro Madness Round 2 deadline has passed, and voting is ready to begin!

The following players were unfortunately unable to submit an entry and their spots have been filled by the parks that were submitted from the replacements list (those who came third place in Round 1).

-  Ziscor  is replaced by Ulvenwood

-  In :Cities is  replaced by wheres_walto

- Hex is replaced by Mulpje

- Maverix is replaced by Lurker

The first matches of this round have been posted for the Blue Division, with the Red and Yellow divisions to follow in the coming days. The updated Bracket has also been added to the first post of the Bracket & Seeding Thread.

• Gustav Goblin%s's Photo

Ziscor whyyyyyyyyy

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading