The Grand Tour '23 / The Grand Tour '23 - Round 5

• Liampie%s's Photo

Round 5 - Turkey

As a transcontinental country, stretching from the European Balkan peninsula to the mountains and steppes in Eurasia, Turkey has historically been a physical, political and cultural link between East and West. The country is rich in ancient history, but is also noteworthy for being a proponent of modernity in the region. As a result, Turkey is a highly diverse patchwork of regions, and reducing Turkey to the question whether it is a European or an Asian country is moot.

Objectives

In addition to the general contest rules, three objectives have been set for this round. The entries will be judged through a public poll, determining the degree to and manner in which you completed the objectives, as well as the overall quality of the submission.

1. Your park must be set in or themed to Turkey.

2. Your park must feature or refer to local food.

3. Your park must include a tracked ride using at least seven bridges.

Submission

Submit your park through a PM with Liampie, Xtreme97, posix and CoasterCreator9 as the recipients.

Submissions are due on Wednesday October 11th, no later than 23:59 GMT.

• Gustav Goblin%s's Photo

Always down for the Middle East! Won't be open until Monday the 18th and will be dealing with other deadlines until the 25th. Still very much down to help out with the later stages of a park and theorycraft and bounce around ideas even before I can build. HMU if you want to go the fantasy route and whip up a real trippy Turkish delight; I've got a foundational idea for what could be a standout of the round. Likewise if you're doing something like Cappadocia; I'm somehow not tired of dramatic rock-cut architecture after Ethiopia.

• FredD%s's Photo

When you say that the park must be set (or themed to) Turkey... do you mean located in todays borders of Turkey and set after 1922 (the year the Ottoman empire changed intu the republic of Turkey) or is just located in current borders enough and there isn't a limit on the date where the park is built in?

Also, I have an idea and looking to parner up. Anyone interested in building some Turkish history, dm me :)

• MK98%s's Photo

I'm down for a collab. But don't expect me to take a leading role as I will only have time to build like 30%

• Terry Inferno%s's Photo
    Question about Rule 3,

Does the ride track have to act as the bridge itself each time, or do path bridges over the ride count towards the total?

Bonus question: If the ride uses the same bridge twice, does that count as two, or is that still technically one?
  • Liampie%s's Photo

They are objectives, not rules. :) It's up to the voters to determine how well you followed the rules, and that also depends on their interpretation. The further you stray away from the basic interpretation of the objective, the riskier. That's the answer to both your questions.

Personally I'm more inclined to accept your second example than your first. But if you can turn a coaster going under a bridge into a 'moment', you could potentially convince me on that as well.

• Liampie%s's Photo

Offering my services to whoever needs assistance in the last days!

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading