Park Wars / PARK WARS SIGN-UPS

• Marshy%s's Photo

CONFUSION ON EFTELING

SO ME AND STARGAZER WILL TAKE IT

He's pissed again.
  • Aeroglobe%s's Photo
    I'll take the last spot please, if DI is okay with that.

Aérôglòbe Posted Image

*edit* -- that was a close one.
  • Scarface%s's Photo

CONFUSION ON EFTELING

SO ME AND STARGAZER WILL TAKE IT

He's pissed again.

why ?
    i meant because that OCC guy wasn't being straight if he was taking the spot.

not pissed
  • mantis%s's Photo
    I think he meant the other 'pissed' ;)

"Warner Brothers Sentosa"

or something. It's an island just off Singapore.

I dunno.

I told TPM to make this decision, yet here I am thinking up the worst park name ever.

You've only got yourself to blame, TPM ;)

Might as well call the park "Warner Brothers Pile of Crap Name"

lmao!
  • Scarface%s's Photo
    Got to think of a good name for efteling now.....

Hmmm Maybe just efteling should do unless stargazer can think of something
  • Bender902%s's Photo
    Baseballfan92, I like the idea of Six Flags Mystic Islands. I've been wanting to do a tropical/island theme. But I guess I'll give you my ideas to. I was thinking Six Flags Austrailan Outback, but that will probably be a little barren. Thats all I've got right now. If i think of anything else I'll post it.

Bender902 :devil:
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    With 16 teams, if everybody gets their submissions in that will make it hard to win points especially in the coaster categories since every park will have several. I think there should be a lot more polls this time for categories that real amusement parks are graded on. Maybe 'Best Value' (dependent on number of rides and stuff not entry cost) or 'Best Ad Campaign' (for that month) or 'Best Layout' (how easy it is to get to everything) or 'Best Location' (landscaping and lakes or mountains). Even if this don't win you any points they would still be fun. Maybe there could be status points in addition to coaster points or something. I don't know, now I'm really getting crazy. Maybe you could give out quests each month for bonus points like 'Build a new prototype ride'. Or maybe you could pass new laws requiring all of the parks to make themselves handicap accesible half way through the competition. Or a g-force limit law forcing people to kill their coasters with trim brakes and restraints. Heh, that would be realistic. Or maybe you could restrict technology and then each month allow a couple new ride types to be invented. Just a lot of stuff like that to hopefully get the forums more involved in the fun of the competition and to make it more fun for the participants so we aren't just building parks and voting on the best one like every other competition in the history of RCT. The points add a level of complexity to the game but I think we could really make this interesting by adding other elements. This could become a much better simulation of trying to run a succesful park than the scenarios in the game ever were. I'm a big fan of board games so I really think we could improve this game by adding rules to increase the complexity and fun.
  • Themeparkmaster%s's Photo

Or maybe you could restrict technology and then each month allow a couple new ride types to be invented.

Please, No!

I like alot of your ideas Ed but a technology restrict would kill the parks I think. Especialy ours ;).

And Mantis, I actualy like the name. Good job!
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    Well it's just an idea to make it historic. It probably wouldn't make sense given the variety of different park companies (like a Busch Gardens park with only wooden coasters just doesn't make sense, for example). I'd say there should be rules for each team like Kennywood has to have more wooden coasters than steel coasters and Efteling has to have more dark rides than coasters and the Japanese parks have to have a TOGO coaster (heh) but I guess that's up to the parkmakers to be honest to the spirit of their park chain. And we didn't agree to rules like that before selecting teams. If this were a boardgame or a strategy game though there would be a rule for each park company like that to ensure they were all a little different. But I still think this should be more complicated than just building a park. There should be some level of unpredictability involved I think so you can't just plan the park out from the beginning but actually have to adjust to changing conditions. I guess it comes down to whether you'd like to play a coaster company RPG type game or just build a nice park with no restrictions. I'm just making suggestions, I guess it's up to iris and the other contestants what the nature of the contest will be.
  • baseballfan92%s's Photo
    Bender902, I like the idea of Six Flags Austrailan Outback. It sounds like a challenge to make. I'm glad that you liked the idea of Six Flags Mystic Island. If I have any more idea's, then I'll post them.

Baseballfan92 :)
  • Fanatic Of RCT%s's Photo
    Brace Yourselves...

NE's Tahoe Peaks Salmon Farm And Fish Hatchery
    Addis Ababa, Ethiopia

You can only imagine...
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    Salmon farm and fish hatchery? Awesome.
  • Fanatic Of RCT%s's Photo
    It's hardly what you think. It should be a surprise to everyone.
  • iris%s's Photo
    Ok, here's the deal.
    Park Wars won't start until H2H2, and even after H2H, it won't start until all park names and locations are finished.
    On the first page of this, the parks in bold are locked and ready.

If you haven't given a name and location, that means you're not ready, which means that the two people chosen aren't necessarily the final two. If you want to make sure you're in Park Wars, you better name your park and location.
    Any parks that aren't named and don't have locations by the time Park Wars is supposed to start, the two people will be thrown off and the team will either be eliminated, or re-picked.

Thank you.
  • Bender902%s's Photo
    So, baseballfan92, which one do oyu want to go with. I think either of them will be fun to make. Mystic Adventures will probably be the easier of the two and Austrailan Outback will be something a litlle more out of the ordinary. You pick.....I like both of the ideas.

Bender902 :devil:
  • baseballfan92%s's Photo
    Well Bender, I don't want to just pick my choice, but if we really want to try and have fun with a park, I think we should pick Mystic Island. Well, what do you want to go with? For me, it's Mystic Island.

Baseballfan92 :yup:
  • Bender902%s's Photo
    Yeah, I agree. Thats what as I was leaning towards anyways.I'll proabably try making the other some other time when there is aren't anydeadlines.

Iris, Six Flags Mystic Island it is.
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    Her's my suggestion AK since I don't know if I'll catch you online. Let me know what you think.

Europa Abenteuer: Berümtheiten der Geschichte
    (Europe Adventure: Famous People in History)

im Leipzig, Deutschland

This is the final title and location iris.
  • Alec%s's Photo
    Hmm..famous people. Ok. I was thinking Walt Disney and other themepark famous people.
  • natelox%s's Photo
    Okay, busch has organzied themselves:

"Busch Gardens Adair Village"

on another note: i really like some of the ideas coaster ed's comming up with. I do agree, although this is a competition, it would be alot more fun if more points were avalible, it would keep the smaller parks (eg. less talent) intrested.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading