News / The Following Preview...

• Twisted%s's Photo
    I also get the crop circles then it freezes and stays on the crop circles but with the music still going.
    I tried both Windows Media Player and DivX also.

Mesa wanna see too!
  • Meretrix%s's Photo
    [QUOTE]What if I told you I made that?[QUOTE]

I would say......learn to recognize sarcasm when you see it..... ;)
    Seriously though, it wasn't bad at all...Signs left a bad taste in my mouth though.
    A+ for craftsmanship.....B- for choice of inspiration.
  • Blitz%s's Photo
    hehehe, a commercial.
    Not too into the whole advertisement shpeel around here, but that was pretty neat =P
  • mantis%s's Photo
    Yay, this is like the second commercial ever? The DD one was pretty damn cool so i'm looking forward to this one (only 2 hours left to wait...)

Haven't seen Signs (got scared by the trailer and don't like Mel Blanc) but hey, i'm sure it'll be great.

Plus, it's Ozone's work, and i'm a big fan.
  • natelox%s's Photo
    I thought the video was okay. For 1min 32secs of video, less than 30secs actually showcased Ozone's area. The crop circles didn't look so good (i haven't seen signs, so i don't know how well they look in comparison). The actual video part showing Ozones section was great, went well with the music. I just think the movie was too long and didn't show enough of Ozones section (although it's ment to be a teaser). I am definetly looking forward to seeing more of these.
  • Ozone%s's Photo
    I downloaded it. It took almost 2 hours, but I had to see what cork had done with it. And I must say, I'm impressed. My section doesn't derserve its own commercial. I'm looking forward to the next one, I'll probly download it as well. Great job Cork.
  • mantis%s's Photo
    If you think about it it shows LOADS of his area. There's a screenshot a second for about 25 seconds so there's over 20 screenshots.

That's a lot.

Anyway, this is what I think.

The crop circles freaked me out...the music was scary and then the rain and lightning started :( Creeped out - great start to the advert cos you can imagining seeing something like it on tv (at least i can).

Then the screenshots. This area looks like Ginnungagapet but with more to it. I like it a lot.

For people's reference the screens start at 1:01.

1:02 is brilliant - real dilapidated look on the buildings and the chairlift/rapids combo is inspired.

1:07 is when the fun begins. You really get to see the inspiration from MA's contortions in Ginnungagapet and it's good to see the lava done like that on the right (Ashitaka takes the credit).

1:09 - the tube hack into the building is good, and I like the martian buildings full stop. Nice debris on the paths too.

1:11 - nice heartline tunnel....still not sure about corkscrew colours though...i'll wait till the park to decide on whether they work or not...

1:15 is fantastic. The gardens on the path are a good idea and i'm liking the way more people are using the wooden-coaster-corners (SWA was the first, wasn't it?)

1:16 i love the effect of the mesh fence in front of that pink stuff - really good stuff.

1:19 shows off how complex the corkscrew coaster is which is great.

Great commercial, great advertising, kudos Corky. What program do you use?
  • rctfreak2000%s's Photo
    Just out of curiosity, will this be the final RCT1 callabo at NE? I thought I heard that some where, and I think it would be a shame if it was.
  • JBruckner%s's Photo
    Very nicly done, very very nice.

I just thought the beggining and the end could have been more solid.

Like it would have been perfect if the crop circles were complete, and if there was a music fade at the end!

Other than those few minor things the commerical was great! I really enjoyed it.

Oh and LOL @ Area 52, great name.
  • FrEaK%s's Photo
    It was pretty cool. It did take me a while to figure out exactly what those tree things were.

// freak
  • aero21%s's Photo
    Looking good! I also had the same problems at first with the video part, but used Divx and then it worked fine. Comercials would be more prevelant but you can't make them with RCT2. I have Camtasia and it will only capture screen images in window form and RCT2 will not go into a window mode. I was planning on makeing a comercial for Wormwood, but it didn't work.
  • posix%s's Photo
    For a change, I didn't have any codec problems at all :p
    Anyway, good video. But that's about it. DD's is still my favourite.
    The problem was that without having seen "Signs", you can't really love this video as half of it doesn't interest you much. It's cool to see how Foozy got these crop circles into RCT though but the whole thing is only a one-second impression. You look at it, think it's cool and that's that. You're not going to look at it again. And yes, I haven't seen "Signs".
    About the park. Well, OZONE style. I've never been a fan of his work. So yeah.
    His best work though, no question. Just looked a little too Outrage-ish.
    Other than that, I'm glad to see a commercial again. They are a cool thing and would even be cooler in smaller filesizes as seemingly alot of NElers don't have broadband. But what can you do. Videos need to be big, I think.
  • Turtleman%s's Photo
    I was just speaking my mind. There is nothing wrong with not agreeing with all you that it was amazing. I am sorry but I just wasn't impressed. Just my opinion and you should respect that.

Turtleman 8)
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    1. Thanks to those who like the commercial.

2. There was a commercial for Disney Dreams? Where?

3. It's cool, Turtleman, in case those comments were directed at me. ;)

4. Look for more commercials as more sections are completed AND I have time.
  • Mr. Glass%s's Photo

2. There was a commercial for Disney Dreams? Where?

Yes, there was. If I'm not mistaken I believe that Aero made it for Pyro.

By the way, I thought the commercial was great Corkscrewed.
  • VegasCoaster%s's Photo
    Great Job on the comercial Corkscrewed. The music enhanced that so much it was unbelievable. From what I can see in the park, that will be quite a nice park, I like all the hacked archy. Now if only I could find my RCT disc...
  • Aviator%s's Photo
    I personally pissed my pants when I saw it... I thought it was the best thing that had ever been released.... lol. I love the movie signs, couldnt have picked better music for it. Great job corky! :D
  • posix%s's Photo

I personally pissed my pants when I saw it... I thought it was the best thing that had ever been released.... lol.

Wow, someone's being honest. You should already fear iris, you know.
    Anyway, I'm glad you're Aviator again. Never change it.
  • sircursealot%s's Photo
    hmm, maybe I should do the same thing for Project Warlock...
  • Tech Artist%s's Photo
    it dosen't work. just music. and it opened it with quicktime. then i tried opening it with divx and still didn't work. and it was a .avi file.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading