(Archive) Advertising District / Risen from the Ashes

• LastArchAngel%s's Photo
    And so is my first RCT2 park, Presidio Falls Resort... Well, the concept, map, and rides are the same. The gut though, has been redone, and changed constantly.

Presidio Falls is a park based on real life landmarks and places. Much like my last few LL efforts, its a realistic fantasy park. It is also huge (256x256).

The sections are separated into islands mostly, and themed after continents.

The entrance sections is Old Mexico. Redone from the 30 or so pics from Marchish Mayish, still toting the La Vibora, Fumado Fuego, and the Southwestern Adventures Theater as its main attractions. The main landmark is the pyramid, themed after a what the Aztec pyramids would look like at dusk.

Across the water is the largest area, Africa. Separated into 3 subsections, Egypt, Morocco, and the Serengetti. The maint attractions are King, a B&M stand up, and Katanga Falls, a wild rapids ride.

Next, trek across the bridge into India. More of an assortment of the subcontinent, then subsections, the highlights of India are the Taj Mahal, the costal city of Varanasi, the Gatway to India, and the Blue Valley. The main attractions are an unnamed mine train and shoot the chutes.

Next is Austrailia, past, and present. Divided into the Outback, old Austrailia, and modern day Sydney. The highlights are the opera house, and the canyon. The main attractions are the Invert through the canyon, and a wild wooden airtime monster.

With a submarine ride, you can travel to the Gobi Desert. Here, the largest and most expensive waterpark ever built is being constructed. No landmarks/main attractions are planned yet, as R&D are focusing on the other sides of the park's construction at the moment.

Across the bridge from the Mongolian Gobi Desert Waterpark, is the middle eastern Petra Hotel complex. Themed after the city carved into the mountains, the hotel is neaing completion, but the rest of the area is still being designed by R&D, all depending on the sponsors of the area.

Sections Completion Percentage
    Mexico - 85%
    Africa
    Morrocco - 80%
    Egypt - 95%
    Serengetti - 40%
    India - 40%
    Austrailia - 20%
    Gobi Desert - 2 %
    Petra Hotel - 50%

The pic is a pic of the reconstruction of the Mexico section.

Attached Images

• Attached Image: Array
  • rctfreak2000%s's Photo
    It's definitely nice, but it isn't wowing me just yet. I look forward to future screens though, and I'm glad to see you're still alive ;)
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    OMG. I'd tell you to fill that grassy square where the tropical tree is w/ bushes, but this is a 256 squared map, and you're gonna hit the sprite limit...

*and the RCT community rejoiced*
  • Butterfinger%s's Photo
    Wow, um, many will be happy to see you return :0

That building is cool. No other comment. What else could I say? Perhaps that you should post more/bigger screens so that we can really get the feel for the area.

OMG.  I'd tell you to fill that grassy square where the tropical tree is w/ bushes, but this is a 256 squared map, and you're gonna hit the sprite limit...

There is a sprite limit?
  • Drew%s's Photo
    Yup. Look at Butterfinger's Euroscape (Amazing park ;) ), he had to finish it off on a different map. Also, is this for WW? It looks like it.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo

OMG.  I'd tell you to fill that grassy square where the tropical tree is w/ bushes, but this is a 256 squared map, and you're gonna hit the sprite limit...

There is a sprite limit?

That's what most people call it. Technically, it's an "object data limit exception." Basically, if you put too many scenery pieces, you go over the limit and then you can't put anything else in. So it's basically like the RCT 1 sprite limit.

Sucks, doesn't it? Just be very careful as you work and don't waste anything. And figure to not totally fill up the map (as in don't expect the park to be a big square; more like a general circular shape or something irregular).
  • Roberto Roboparks%s's Photo
    It's not bad, but it doesn't strike me as amazing. Some other parks of you did.

What I don't like either is that the entrance to the building are two seperate paths. I would prefer a double path.
  • Physco%s's Photo
    I like it. It's simple but effective, and gives off a good atmosphere. But I think you should change the grass to dirt under that tropical tree.
  • sloB%s's Photo
    i actually dont like it that much.

-There aren't enough windows
    -I don't like the architecure in general
    -The trees don't mix together well
    -whats with the random footpathing
    -That horse statue looks out of place

Im not trying to bash this project and im am certainly still interested in it. Just please show me a better screen...
  • mantis%s's Photo
    I'm looking forward to India and Australia the most. The Taj Mahal and the Sydney Opera House...great!

This screen is 'pleasant' - I hope this park has the same number of great little ideas that SFEC did, though. And your coasters always kick ass.
  • Micool%s's Photo
    Just a suggestion...I think the little slanted part to the right of the 2x2 piece that's that dark golden color should have a different texture. If you can get that...

Other then that, nice, nothing really impressive at all, but keep going!
  • Brent%s's Photo

Yup. Look at Butterfinger's Euroscape (Amazing park ;) ), he had to finish it off on a different map. Also, is this for WW? It looks like it.

Yeah, that tree that corky want's filled in, but not, looks like it's from WW... :(

i actually dont like it that much.

-There aren't enough windows
    -I don't like the architecure in general
    -The trees don't mix together well
    -whats with the random footpathing
    -That horse statue looks out of place

Im not trying to bash this project and im am certainly still interested in it. Just please show me a better screen...

Well, I didn't know that one building out of many would get such response. To the windows statement, you're not going to find many windows in the park in general, because I think the windows RCT2 provide, and the ones ive seen that are custom are ugly. My saved game is RCT2 is not WW, but I use alot of WW scenary. Some of it is really nice, and meshes well with the RCT2. My architecture aint gonna change, so I can't do anything about that. But all of these criticisms are very nice and helpful. More screens (and showing more) will come soon.
  • Brent%s's Photo
    Um, that didn't clear things out...

Now, are you using downloaded WW scenery, or are you using WW scenery from the actual game?

If that's the case (using WW scenery from the actual game that you have), then it's a WW park.
    Its RCT2, not WW... The WW scenary is WW scenary that was converted to RCT 2 scenary.. I don't own or have WW.. Does that clear things up.
  • Brent%s's Photo
    Indeed it does. Indeed it does...

Posted Image
    Here are some new pics

A Building near the Fumado Fuego flyer. I think it looks nice.

Attached Images

A VERY unfinished picture of an entrance from India from Morocco.

Attached Images

• Brent%s's Photo
    EDIT: Ok, the following is just for the second screen, missed the first screen (out of the two new ones). I'll edit it again in a bit with what I think about the first one with the flyer.

I think it's safe to say that, you're much better in RCT1 than you are in RCT2. Emphasize on the much.

Sorry but it looks way too random, like you plopped the bushes and trees down in two seconds just to get another screenshot up. That's all that can really be said, since it's so bare.

Maybe you should've posted a screen of something more complete. But then, maybe it's a good thing that you posted that, because then you can be critiqued on how to make it less rctfan-ish.

Now about the first of the two new screens...

Well, this one looks much better than the entrance one does, but still could be worked on a bit. Actually, no. Well, I really think just one thing should be changed with this screen, the wood to other type of wood roof. I don't think that looks so good. Just stick with one type IMO. Oh, and maybe add something on the top of the red roof?

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading