(Archive) Advertising District / Risen from the Ashes

• sloB%s's Photo
    if thats a pretzel loop at the bottom of the screen without an S-bend it looks great.
  • Blitz%s's Photo
    hes back... o.o

yay!
    *wants revelation-y type goodness from you*
  • Critic%s's Photo
    I have to say that it is too unfinished and random to be of liking, and the elephants are too fake to fit in the game.
  • Cap'n Quack%s's Photo
    future spotlight!!!!!
  • Brent%s's Photo
    More like runner-up to tell the truth.
  • sloB%s's Photo
    ^maybe not even
  • Tech Artist%s's Photo

you can be critiqued on how to make it less rctfan-ish.

Hey what's that supposed to mean?! less rctfan-ish?! :@

Onto the park: whoa a 256x256?! that's huge. looks really nice so far, Keep up the good work!
  • BigFoot%s's Photo
    First screen looks the best, the last the worst. The middle screen is boring. The coaster colors are beutiful, but it's getting old seeing all these 'pueblo' tan rct2 parks.

Third screen way to cluttered.

Nice to see you back, I enjoyed some of your old parks.
  • LastArchAngel%s's Photo
    UPDATE September 16 @003

Okay, I have been hiding things from you for about a week. Here is part of the Indian coastal city of Varanasi, which lines half of the island.

http://www.etravelph...as-023-51s.html
    http://www.etravelph...as-023-54s.html
    http://www.etravelph...as-023-56s.html
    http://www.etravelph...as-024-11s.html
    http://people.mainz....s/indien/E8.HTM

(PS. The wood in my pic is there (as it is in real life) because it is used for the public cremations. Varanasi is lined with giant piles of wood.)

Attached Images

• Attached Image: Array
  • gir%s's Photo
    Looks more "American-Indian" than Indian to tell you the truth. Maybe its the Mexican-style roof.
  • iris%s's Photo
    I like that screen a lot, more then anything else I've seen so far in this park.
    Nice job.
  • Aviator%s's Photo
    I find it rather pimpish... I have to give you your props for tryin out this new community... there alot harder nowadays with all the options that are before us. It looks like it has potintiel... keep er' up.
  • rctfreak2000%s's Photo
    I enjoyed that screen a lot. Hopefully more of the future screens will have that much detail!
  • Blitz%s's Photo
    the whole "wooden paths going into the water" thing is something I cherish...
  • LastArchAngel%s's Photo

the whole "wooden paths going into the water" thing is something I cherish...

They are "ghats" and are usually covered in people everyday because people use the water to wash their clothes, to use the bathroom, and to burn its dead beside. They also fish in the water. The ganges river is a vital resource to the people are varanasi, so I had to include the ghats.
  • Scarface%s's Photo
    Wow youve capture the indian feel in that last screen, good job.
    I am enjoying this park so far, basic but good...
  • mantis%s's Photo
    That last one is really great! I like all the different textures on the buildings, and the ivy arch is probably my favourite bit.

I reckon you should make some of the paths dirt style, though, going into the water.
  • 76 Trombones%s's Photo
    No dead bodies littered in various places near the river? :'(

Nice park though. I really think you captured the Indian feel because I've been there and it is very Indian, at least to me.

- 76 :D
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo

More like runner-up to tell the truth.

You've SO not seen the good parts of this park.
  • JBruckner%s's Photo
    Well. The park is very very interesting to start off. I would have to say that this is pretty much a new style of its own, so I will need to look at it differently if I want to critique it well.

It is obvious that you've got the talent that is needed to do this very well but I don't really see that happening, or at least to the extent that I want it to.

I really don't think that the first two screens you showed really represent what you have done with this park, therefor I don't find it nessasary to comment on them.

Moving on.

The third screen: Very impressive, yet it needs some fine tuning, stress the fine. The atmosphere is near perfect. The architecture is great, colors (what ther are) go well, but still something is missing for me.

Tell me. What comes to mind when you think of India? Well, for me bright colors, great food, and so on and so forth. I see none of the bright colors which are essential for the atmosphere of this section of the park. Dare you go with the A-Typical yet highly effective color combinations which are oh so popular in RCT2? Personally I double dare you to do if (I hope you got that). I would have to see the end result but I bet the outcome of adding some flowers in there would be far better than not having them.

So, enough of the flowers.

The paths now...

I love the paths that you've chosen, very good pick. I just think that instead of having land beneath them have supports and bushs, bullrushs, small plants etc...

I'm sure you can think of something.

Just keep those two things in mind and I'm sure you'll have a spotlight park.

WELCOME BACK AND GOOD LUCK!

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading