Invitational / NE Invitational: Due October 31, 2003

• Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Yeah. He'd slaughter you, no offense.

*looks at LOS*

Well, maybe not.
  • mantis%s's Photo
    Seriously, judging by X's LOS work he could finish off a #1 list park in 50 years...and that would take him about a month in real time, if not less.

I'll be sending you my park within the next week (hopefully).

I'm not sure how loyal i've been to the themes, but judging by the advertising for PoC i'm not sure the 'theme guidelines' are being taken to seriously by anyone ;)
  • Evil WME%s's Photo
    i think the point was too create areas that represent their theme well. I know mine atleast look somewhat like the themes they represent. I have this great idea tho (!) How bout we each release two screens of the park? that way it will cut down the waiting and stir some interest in the other peeps at NE, just a thought.
  • Roberto Roboparks%s's Photo
    I most likely won't be entering. I'm sorry :'(

I do think WME has a point about releasing two screens.
  • Micool%s's Photo
    Two screens sounds good. I know Fatha's dying to release something....
  • mantis%s's Photo
    I'd like to see all the other park screens, but I wouldn't put any out myself :p

I might do some advertising though, once my park is in. I can't even remember how the winner is gonna be chosen...is it a public vote? Or is corky choosing?

I reckon NE should adopt this as an official contest and make pages for the entrants etc. Or at least make them 'runners up' or something similar. Cos otherwise you'll get PoC released on the forums, and I reckon that'd suck.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    No screens.

Public voting.

I'll have Iris post something on the front page.

Since we don't have that many parks, all parks will have pages, but the winner will have a "super page." ;)

Or something... Iris?
  • Micool%s's Photo
    Well that's all well and good Corky but I don't see how public voting's going to do much. PoC has already been made out to be the park of the century. If the front page says "Ports of Call" by _______!... Everyone's going to know who made it. I'm not saying everyone's going to vote for Fatha' without first looking at the parks, I just don't think there's going to be much suspense as to who made what. After all, you should be able to tell the difference between mantis, Fatha', and wme. And then I'm just the park that's left over. B)
  • Evil WME%s's Photo
    i hope they take a good long look at the parks, and then decide.
  • iris%s's Photo
    All parks will get a page to themselves, winner will be made a Spotlight.
  • mantis%s's Photo

Well that's all well and good Corky but I don't see how public voting's going to do much. PoC has already been made out to be the park of the century. If the front page says "Ports of Call" by _______!... Everyone's going to know who made it. I'm not saying everyone's going to vote for Fatha' without first looking at the parks, I just don't think there's going to be much suspense as to who made what. After all, you should be able to tell the difference between mantis, Fatha', and wme. And then I'm just the park that's left over. B)

Yeah, I guess that's the problem :(

Ah well. We'll just have to rely on peoples' judgement and hope they're HONEST about which park they truly like the most.
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    Considering that we know already which members are making parks and there are only 4 of them, I don't think it matters much if the identity of the parkmaker is a secret or not. I think public voting will work though. I'm not saying I'll agree with what other people prefer but I think people usually have reasons for voting one way or another and will look at all of the parks before deciding.
  • Prince%s's Photo

"Ports of Call" by _____

Of course that's by the assumption that we think it will be called Ports of Call.

~Prince Ashitaka~ 8@
  • mantis%s's Photo
    You're forgetting that we know every single ride in the park ;)

Hehe, the main thing i'm concerned about is all the people who don't play LL and won't load the parks, but will vote anyway because they feel like it.

Meh, PoC for spotlight, and the rest of us all get pages!
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    LOL... you're assuming Fatha FINISHES the park in one month. This is the last extension I'm giving.

BTW, Micool, if you'd like to work on your park a bit more, you can do that and resend it to me, since I extended the deadline. I'm being nice. :)
  • Evil WME%s's Photo
    maybe people ll think my park is mantis´

and therefor vote mantis..

and i´d win..
  • mantis%s's Photo
    Soo, as I near the end of my park...*gasp*...I have a question:

Is it ok if I put signatures/myself in the park? Cos I normally put a little mantis in there and the like... The whole anonymity thing is screwed anyway (POC advertised, only 4 of us in it...) so I figure i'd be allowed to do this. I'd feel happier with it as a 'mantis park' if it had that sort of stuff in it

Wahey, i'm nearly done!

edit - i also want to make a readme, but that'd be obviously by me too...sooo...could you tell me what to do? Could you released single sv4 files for the voting, and then get people to re-download the complete package once the contest is over? The things is, I doubt they'd to that...hmmm...
  • Evil WME%s's Photo
    ATTENTION EVERYONE!!!

If your participating in the NE Invitational, put an "Evil WME the ferocious tiger" in your park!
  • mantis%s's Photo
    And mantis the gorilla!
  • rctfreak2000%s's Photo
    and Freak the Elephant!

or a cactus shrine to the Great El Freako...

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading