News / 100 Greatest Rides...

• iris%s's Photo
    Coming Soon...
    The second installment of NE's newest feature, following up the Top 50 All-Time Parkmakers.
    I had help from both Coaster Ed and mantis in compiling this list, its taken over 7 months of writing, research, and listing.
    Not everyone will agree obviously...
    Write-Ups are being finished....
  • sircursealot%s's Photo
    Can't wait! I wish I had your talent and patience for making lists, but my opinion changes every 5 seconds, so it's a right pain in the ass. 8@

I think the top 5 will be:
    1. Mountain Chase
    2. Sandstorm Rally
    3. Freestyle Snowboarding
    4. Dragon-Flight
    5. Soul Harvester

Or something along those lines... maybe I should wait before I predict...
  • Titan%s's Photo
    Could we have the top 100 RCT2 rides also?
  • Rct Flame%s's Photo
    And will flame even have any rides in there?

"Uh...Alex, what is No"

"Correct"

I still think Tropical Tango was a damn good layout for a racer...lol.

Anywho, I look forward to seeing the list, it should be great considering how cool the top 50 parkmakers was/is.
  • sircursealot%s's Photo

Nothing impressive has been made with RCT2 yet ridewise... with a few exceptions...
  • Scarface%s's Photo

Iris has a life !!!
  • John%s's Photo
    Well, the title is "100 Greatest Rides..." so there really isn't a distinguishment between RCT1/2... so they could be mixed, but like curse said, there really hasn't been anything in RCT2 that was outstanding.
  • rctfreak2000%s's Photo
    As long as every single one of my rides is on there, I'll be happy ;)
  • thorpedo%s's Photo

Can't wait! I wish I had your talent and patience for making lists, but my opinion changes every 5 seconds, so it's a right pain in the ass. 8@

I think the top 5 will be:
    1. Mountain Chase
    2. Sandstorm Rally
    3. Freestyle Snowboarding
    4. Dragon-Flight
    5. Soul Harvester

Or something along those lines... maybe I should wait before I predict...

I will predict as well:

1. Sandstorm Rally- Coaster Ed
    2. Soul Harvester- Mala
    3. Free Style Snowboarding- NeViS
    4. Villain's Raceway- Mala
    5. Mountain Chase- Mala
  • natelox%s's Photo
    holy crap...100 hundred write ups? wow, iris puts alot of time into this website (and it shows and is greatly appreciated :) ). BTW, what is the criteria...is it creativity, originality, influence or a combination of some things?
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    It was a combination of those things. Creativity and originality were key for me in ranking the rides. I tired to think about what the rides meant at the time they first came out more than what they mean now but in some cases influence was a factor too. iris picked the rides (though mantis and I made some suggestions) and then all three of us ranked the rides. Each of us had some significant differences so what you'll be seeing is an average of three opinions and then some comments about each of them. I can't wait to finally see this thing :)
  • Fatha'%s's Photo
    100 rides is a lot...

But im sure the following will be high on the list...

UIX Snowboarder, TREX Encounter (Only because of when it was released, was i think the first true adventure ride ever), Excavation (maybe), Some DDI rides, Emprous Hotel, Sandstorm Rally, SONY, Dragon Flight, Mountain Chase, and some others I cant think of.
  • Micool%s's Photo
    I'm not even going to bother to guess because I know nothing about such things. But I'm not so sure about Sandstorm Rally being #1 because it wasn't the first of it's kind at all. And yes, iris - thanks for putting so much time into making this website interesting.

I think the only one of mine that has a chance is Journey to the Sea @ LotL, cause mantis loved that ride :D I'm not expecting much though. After all, I've only released one park! :0

God that's pathetic
  • x-sector%s's Photo
    CAN'T WAIT
  • Evil WME%s's Photo
  • jon%s's Photo
    cool..when can we see this list.
  • Dixi%s's Photo

holy crap...100 hundred write ups? wow, iris puts alot of time into this website (and it shows and is greatly appreciated :) ).

Damn straight.

I cant wait for this, I've not realy been in the community long enough to whitness any majorly breakthrough rides. Nor do I have LL so most of the main rides are unknown to me. But, im still anxious to see who wins.

Damn, this site is the shizzle.
  • mantis%s's Photo
    Hehe, I'll just post a disclaimer now. I wasn't around back when some of the old ground-breaking rides were released, so i'm expecting people to go "but hey, that ride was just the beginning". Well, I don't know that, so tough :D

But yeah, it's a cool idea, and i'm pleased to have worked on it. I'm looking forward to seeing how much mine, ed's and iris's opinions differ!
  • Twisted%s's Photo
    Sounds awesome.
    Thx for putting the time into making this iris,mantis and Ed.

I'm looking forward to seeing this!
  • Mike Robbins%s's Photo
    If I had a chance at this, it would be Revenge of Anubis from Seven Wonders of the World 2002. That seems to be my most popular ride. Also Battle of Locksley from MLF was a popular ride too.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading