Pro Tour 1 / The NE Pro Tour

This topic hosts comments for 68 parks(View Parks)
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    The ride was making it's 12th circuit. And yeah they had heard the funny noise before but weren't sure what to do about it. That's a problem but it's not as serious a problem as the maintenance work not being done and the paperwork not being filled out correctly. The operating team had decided to take the train out of comission because of the noise, but they decided this after dispatching it for the 12th time which was obviously a mistake because the loose upstop wheel had fallen out on the 11th circuit. The upstop wheel falling off was not the entire cause of the accident though. The eventual collision resulted when the axle broke and ran into one of the safety brakes on the track. With the axle broken and the upstop wheel gone, the train came off the track.
  • Steve%s's Photo
    can the dark ride/coaster contest be ANY ride or coaster?
  • California Coasters%s's Photo

It's bit early, but who all is entering the steel twister category? It's probably going to be one of the more popular rounds... my entry contains my first REAL hacks.  ;)

I am... Not alot of hacks, but gigantic buildings and scenery interanction... err... and a few hacks.
  • rctfreak2000%s's Photo

can the dark ride/coaster contest be ANY ride or coaster?

Yeah, I believe so. The theming just has to be dark.

Mine's just a launched beemer with about 5 switchbacks all for Adix :D
  • CoasterkidMWM%s's Photo
    Well my beemer for the steel twister contest launches in a whole new direction :twitch:
  • Jacko Shanty%s's Photo

I am... Not alot of hacks, but gigantic buildings and scenery interanction... err... and a few hacks.

Sheeit. I hope we don't have the same idea. ???
  • \/\/33/\/\an%s's Photo
    I just hope i get my entry finished in time. It doesnt matter if i place last. I got aboslutely no hope........In the steel twister competition.
  • RCTNW%s's Photo
    I know it's late but I looked at the first three rides and in the last event and they all were fantastic in ther own way.

Chris - I loved the hacks over the bridges and the general feel of the ride. The only think I thought missed was the speed. It just seemed to slow in a number of areas especially towards the end.

Bender - Another great ride and a theme I would not have thought of. The only problem would be the fact that the peeps would not be able to enjoy it. Talk about a fast coaster.

Rog - Great ride. This was my fav of the group that I saw. I agree that the tree's are ugly and I for one can't stand them but I understand why you used them though. Loved the train yard BTW

Looking forward to seeing more and congrats to all.

rctnw
  • mantis%s's Photo
    Does 'dark' describe the theming, or does it actually mean a dark ride as in enclosed?

I guess there's some confusion for people there.
  • iris%s's Photo
    It actually meant indoor ride. I wanted to see how craetive people could get with the building structure, etc.
    More of an architecture based competition unlike all the theming/coaster ones.
    Guess some people don't know what a dark ride is?
  • mantis%s's Photo
    Hehe, I guess not. I can suddenly see several dark-fanatics collectively going 'aw man!'.

I guess dark rides = Experience+Excavation+Green Goblin

Looking forward to those.
  • TerrorTech%s's Photo

It actually meant indoor ride. I wanted to see how craetive people could get with the building structure, etc.

I think the classic definition of a dark ride would be an enclosed ride which uses florescent lighting to highlight show senes like the DL fantasyland attractions, I think generally today dark rides would be considered indoor attractions featuring show / scene elements...indianna jones adventure / spiderman etc....Should be an intersting round :yup:

TerrorTech Library
  • Steve%s's Photo

what!?!?!

it has to be indoors?! damn it! this isnt good! no i gotta start all over...well, i dont care, ill just send it in anyway...

;)
  • CoasterkidMWM%s's Photo
    Well I bet that certainly screwed up lots of people. I would never enter an architecture based round, EVER.
  • Janus%s's Photo
    Architecture, eh?

Hmm...
  • Steve%s's Photo
    i finished my dark ride entry entry but ists not indoors...but i dont care, ill just send it in anyway!

yay!
  • jon%s's Photo
    In the dark ride round, does all the ride have to be inside or can some of it be outside the main building.
  • mantis%s's Photo
    I already gave some examples of good rct dark rides so check them out if you don't know what's going on!

It might be best if you consider sending in a non-roof version, cos that way people can see what's going on without all the covers. Even better would be to do a non-roof version, then install the roof (hopefulyl elaborate) and send in a roof-version too!

Architecture isn't all there is to a dark ride - you've got to have coaster set pieces, intricate theming and, above all, a great layout.

I think it's the hardest contest of all of these! Which may cause it to be undersubscribed and disappointing. I sincerely hope not though.
  • MightyMouse%s's Photo
    A little help please. I forgot what iris' new email adress is.... :|''''
  • Toon%s's Photo
    All things remaining the same it is this...

iris2486@bellsouth.net

Iris, you may want to put this somewhere in the initial post in this thread. It's been posted so many times in this thread I've got it memorized, but the thread is getting so long it's probably really hard to find.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading