Pro Tour 1 / The NE Pro Tour

This topic hosts comments for 68 parks(View Parks)
  • Jacko Shanty%s's Photo

Well, just like your hacks, the "lets drown voodoo" trick has been done before.  :rolleyes:

I know.. jeez, Kumba. Drowning Voodoo is so cliché. What's wrong with you.

I just checked out your entry, and it was great! The colors were different, but the architecture was amazing. Your diaganol arches were very creative.. something I'd never think of. You're one of the best architects I've seen with this game. Coaster was so-so. It could have interacted with scenery more.. ya know, made it more of an adventure. But I loved the "pretzel" loops and red water area. Strange theme, but pulled off nicely. :)
  • thorpedo%s's Photo

Oh, and I'll kick your ass in the main competition.

And VooDoo is RIGHT.

Ohhhhhh, snap.
  • Kevin%s's Photo
    ooohhh, nice entry Kumba. Nice to see something different from you. Congratulations!

My steel coaster entry is about 85% done. I plan on having everything finished up and send in by saturday. I've been working on it for at least 3 weeks...... Its not my best work but I'll see what you guys think next week.

Kraken :D
  • CoasterkidMWM%s's Photo
    People like you make me notice I didn't ut enough time into my entry. I spend a week on it lol.
  • v1perz%s's Photo
    Bout time, Kumba!

Congrats on finally making it tho. I really liked your entry. The colors were actually good, IMO. I liked the speed at the beginning. Too bad there were no new hacks, but the new scenery was cool. The ending was slightly dissapointing, but the change in your archy style was good.

Oh and thanks for killing my framerate with your 6,000,000,000,000,000 flames and fog scenery, made parts of the ride go really slow.

Anyways, congrats, you deserved it! :D
    Speedviper, I sympathize with you on the slow computer issues. I myself used to have a slow computer. it was an old Gateway from 94' with a 1.5 Gig hardrive and it was 200 megahertz, ahh the memories of attempting to run RCT2 on that machine. However the computer involuntarily contracted a virus that crashed the computer every time we typed "sunday". An odd virus no? Anywho, wait for it to break, then hopefully if your parents have enough money, then you'll get a new one.

And also, WTF is up with the smoke puffs? Those are beginning to piss me off.
  • Tech Artist%s's Photo
    Well i can't really ever remember having a slow computer, but when my dad was thinking of getting DSL and give up high speed internet just to save money for a month or 2 i was like "Hell No!". So he turned the cell phones off for a month or 2like 2 or 3 weeks ago. Good choice IMO. I don't use me cell that much anyways. I use my internet alot though ^__^. Sorry to hear about your computer viper, it has to suck alot. I know what it is like cause my friends computer used to be really slow and i have used it before. It sucked.

Congrats Kumba! :birthday:
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    steve41 - you mean 4 is a charm?

ToonTowner - yeah i did use to many fog puffs, and i understand that animated scenery can be annoying, so next time i will not use as many or any.

Weeman - i think me and voodoo are like rivels or something, in the rapids he beat me, but some people thought i should have won, in H2H3 we get drafted 22, and 23, ect.... and i dont plan to get my ass kicked by anyone in the final round, Parkmakers or PT winners.

Jacko - wow im glad you like my archy so much, wait till you see my new solo thats gona have some killer archy, (pics comeimg in jan.)

also i cant wait to see the steel twister round, it will have the best non-parkmakers of any round yet and i want to see who wins
  • Scarface%s's Photo
    TBH i didnt like any of the rides
  • mantis%s's Photo
    Kumba - nice ride, shame about the excessive map size and puffs...that file is one of the biggest i've seen! 4 megs! You should be ashamed of yourself :D I preferred X Gon' Give It To Ya and Madakumbu Rapids, but hey, you're in, so good luck in the actual thing!

A14504 - nice colours, great architecture, shame about the layout. It was awkward in a lot of places - I think coasters should flow, and this one didn't. Really good architecture though - i've been impressed by both of your entries so far!

MightyMouse - a bit sicily-ish, but that's a good thing for the most part. Two lift-hills is a bad mistake IMO and the slow crests were a let down. Nice theming though, especially the stacked colloseum things.

Dantheman - disappointing. Having seen Imagi-Nation, this showed none :-/

Looking forward to MORE ENTRIES next round.
  • MightyMouse%s's Photo

MightyMouse - a bit sicily-ish, but that's a good thing for the most part. Two lift-hills is a bad mistake IMO and the slow crests were a let down. Nice theming though, especially the stacked colloseum things.

Ahhh, the quality of a coaster that has been build in 4-5 days is priceless ;)
  • v1perz%s's Photo

Speedviper, I sympathize with you on the slow computer issues. I myself used to have a slow computer. it was an old Gateway from 94' with a 1.5 Gig hardrive and it was 200 megahertz, ahh the memories of attempting to run RCT2 on that machine. However the computer involuntarily contracted a virus that crashed the computer every time we typed "sunday". An odd virus no? Anywho, wait for it to break, then hopefully if your parents have enough money, then you'll get a new one.

And also, WTF is up with the smoke puffs? Those are beginning to piss me off.

If you went through it to, you empathize with me. (stupid grammar shit)

And my comp is pretty good, but its a laptop with a lot of shit packed on and a lot of programs running in the bground. Plus, i always play music while playing RCT so it slows everything down. On my desktop, the ride didn't slow so much. And i also can't wait for the twister entries, that should be a good round, i hope...
  • mantis%s's Photo

If you went through it to, you empathize with me. (stupid english shit)

That was a bit uncalled for don't you think?
  • v1perz%s's Photo
    i didn't mean he was stupid, i meant it was stupid and pointless for me to point out that mistake but i did anyway...
    It is sympathize. I was feeling your pain because you made it appear you had a crappy comp. Sorry...
  • Panic%s's Photo
    Congratulations Kumba. Nicely done. Your persistence has been rewarded. Good luck in the Pro Tour.

Once and for all, I am dropping out of the Steel Twister contest.

I realized that I have had almost no theming practice of my own and had bitten off more than I could chew. It would have taken many hours this weekend to complete, and I have neither that kind of time nor that much interest. Even if I had somehow won, I would have probably been faced with the same problem in the actual Tour.

Had the contest been about sheer coaster layouts, all of you would have been slaughtered. ;)

I am saving the coaster for a full-scale park sometime in the future, where it will reside alongside an abandoned Wooden Coaster contest entry. (Which would have also slaughtered all of you for layout ;) .)

Good luck to everyone for the contest.
  • Tech Artist%s's Photo
    I would have entered again but i am having too much fun on my disney park. ^__^
  • super rich%s's Photo
    yep i have downloaded Kumba's and i think it is greatand i love the coaster and it's journey.
  • TerrorTech%s's Photo
    Congrats Kumba, IMHO Its your best pro-tour entry and a worthy winner, and i'm a sucker for skulls, flames and lovely darkness...

Thought there would have been more entries for this one, looking forward to the big steelie event next week...

Glad to see some cockiness creeping in from the Parkmakers....non-parkmakers need to to form a circle and stand together during the main event...then kick parkmaker ass *)

Who fancies their chances for the 'Dark Rides' week?

TerrorTech Library
  • Steve%s's Photo

who fancies their chances for the 'Dark Rides' week?

i do! :D

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading