Pro Tour 1 / The NE Pro Tour

This topic hosts comments for 68 parks(View Parks)
  • KiDWolf%s's Photo
    Hey Dinosaur chill out, I was simply asking a god damn question, so for fucks sake yourself
  • BigFoot%s's Photo

Hey Dinosaur chill out, I was simply asking a god damn question, so for fucks sake yourself

Lmao.

Dinosaur, "so for fucks sake yourself".

Lmao.

Learn english Kid.

I'm done.
  • KiDWolf%s's Photo
    All in good fun gentlemen. ;)
  • deanosrs%s's Photo
    OK I'll fuck's sake myself.

The funny thing is, when I got in shit once for flamming a message board (I was 13) from a school computer, I had to write down the username I'd used. The deputy headmaster, when he was bollocking me, pronounced it dinosaur. So, KidWolf, either you are comparable to my deputy head (who is a dick) or you know me and go to my school. [/random rant]

Anyway, you could easily have found out by seeing when he'd previously posted results, so yes it was a somewhat unneccesary question.
  • KiDWolf%s's Photo
    Well I'd have to say I am neither in school or comparable to your headmaster, (which all of them are dicks). Just bored at work and decided to mess around. Anyways good luck to all that entered.

Cheers

:scarface:
  • Lucifer%s's Photo
    The idea that the final could produce some work better then this scares me...

And good luck to all those that entered - whatever competition we're on now... :scarface:
  • iris%s's Photo
    Finally, the preliminary rounds are finished. The bonus round has come to close.
    I let Corkscrewed judge this round and I think he did a great job.

Another great round that brings us entries of all kinds, including an amazing rapids entry that would have won if it was finished. Shame.

The winner of this contest is....
    Titan
    Welcome Titan to the Pro Tour!

1. Neptune's Fury by Titan
    2. MacQuarie Peninsula Resort by deanosrs
    3. Unfinished Rapids Entry by Kraken
    4. The Equatorial Rainforest by Splash-O
    5. Disney's Tower of Terror by rctfan1556
    6. Paradise Lost by stix

Thanks to those who entered.

The Official Pro Tour will start in 2 weeks.
    All details will be revelaed then.
  • Toon%s's Photo
    Titan...that was fantastic! The coaster was beautiful and there were lots of great architectural touches.

Deano...again, only a glimpse of what your capable of here

Kraken, if this was finished it would have been a very difficult call between you and Titan.

The rest....not really to much to say.

2 weeks eh, let's get it on!
  • deanosrs%s's Photo
    Mine was unfinished. There was supposed to be another tower on the bare corner and the foliage wasn't complete. Also, there was loads of detail missing all the way around the hotel.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Funny... that's not the 2-6 order I had them... :D
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo

You just made my sig. :yup:
  • Titan%s's Photo
    Well I guess you did get my entry! I had a feeling someone was gonna top it, atleast they didn't finish... :p

It didn't even turn out like I had planned, but atleast it got the job done.

I'll have what I think of the other entries later.
  • Tech Artist%s's Photo
    Dang, didn't win again. Eh oh well, i had fun mmaking the entry's i did so it's all good. I can't wait to see what the actul tour will bring, and Congrats to all those who got in.
    I will check out the entrys and comment later(probably after school today :( )
  • Janus%s's Photo
    Titan - Wonderful work! The SACF/RoB influence is very obvious, but this entry is, IMO, on the right side of the line between inspired and copied. The architecture was a really nice mix of different styles.
    The coaster was great, it flowed almost perfectly, interacted well with the landscape and the theming and was very nice to look at. Nice colour choice.
    I also like all the detail in this entry, and I think it's cool that you filled the whole map instead of leaving huge parts totally empty.
    Titan for... Eh, radar blip or something.

Deanosrs - I didn't quite like this one. I found it too messy and unfinished. The contrast between the over-detailed pyramid towers and the plain flat roofs wasn't very pretty. It looked as if you added detail to the building only for the sake of adding detail, not really serving a purpose. Too random and too much unnecesary detail. The landscaping wasn't very good either.
    But it's still a very impressive building, but not as good as your Mexican hotel.
    Because of the many times you've entered and placed high, I think you should be in the Pro Tour. You deserve it.

Kraken - Too bad this wasn't finished, it looked like it could have been amazing. Nice temple-like architecture and the rapids looked like fun. Not much else to comment on.

Splash-O - Nice liquid coaster, and cool adventouros theming. The architecture was really nothing special, but it was solid and looked nice. Making the whole thing totally peep-friendly was a nice touch, a queue line always looks better with peeps on it. Very nice western-style atmosphere. It reminded me a bit of BGSS.
    You overused the totem poles though, it almost got a bit scary after a while. Totem poles everywhere...
    I can't see where you got the name from though, I didn't see any equatorial rainforests anywhere in the entry.
    One thing I can't really understand is people not using custom scenery when it's available to them. To me, that's not using the game at it's full potential. Sure, I can imagine it being fun having to improvise a bit with the scenery available, but I still don't get it.
  • mantis%s's Photo
    I opened them in order up until RCTFan's, which was the first with new scenery and hence crashed my game. So I won't look at that until the d/l for Stix's is fixed - at the moment the zip file contains Titan's entry again.

Titan - well done, really great.
    Deano - erm, not sure.
    Kraken - pity.
    Splash-O - nice!
  • MightyMouse%s's Photo
    Tis' a shame that mightymouse kid didn't enter. I really liked his entrys.
  • AustinPowers%s's Photo

IDeano - erm, not sure.
    Kraken - pity.

Ditto on that....

Congrats to Titan - That is his best work ever....

Good luck to everyone on the Pro Tour...I cant wait to see all those entries!!
  • deanosrs%s's Photo
    I must say, Titan's was amazing. That's really inspired my coaster skills, that's the best I've ever seen in rct2. (I can lose gracefully ;). I think if Kraken's had been finished, it would have been a close call.

Basically, I feel most of my pro tour entries (apart from my first hotel) were built purely to get on the pro tour. I didn't get a whole lot of enjoyment out of them and they are miles from what I'm capable of. I've learnt a valuable lesson through this. Going back to solo work now, I enjoy it so much more and to be honest I couldn't give a shit about what people think of my stuff - all I'm interested in is enjoying playing the game. It's so much more satisfying when you're not building to please other people and get a screen up in the ad district as soon as possible. I feel I have crossed the biggest hurdle yet in my rct "career". So I guess I take something positive out of this experience. I could complain about how I'd have liked one of the bonus spots etc, but to be honest I'd prefer to complete my solo sooner and enjoy zooming out and looking at a 190x190 map filled with my own ideas and details.

My hotel this time round... unplanned, unfinished, un--- ok can't think of another... The colours went too "sharply" together and by the time I realised that there was no time for change. I wanted to put small 3x2 villas in a segment where the smaller section of water was, along with a small water park - no time for either. In fact, I was so short on time I showed one of my friends at school how to do jagged rocks and he sat there for a couple of hours and did most of them (so you can d/q me for that anyway ;... and yes, he's an incredibly boring person).

Corkscrewed... like the sig, reminds me of the times when I actually enjoyed school... :D

Anyway, thanks to ^, Coaster Ed and Iris for the judging, and to everyone else who has posted comments on my entries. The praise for my first hotel was especially appreciated, and congratulations to everyone who's got in. Now, for the first time in the pro tour, I can relax and view what I know will be some incredible entries... it would be good to see a 75%+ turn out rate as well.

~deanosrs, aka dinosaurus
  • Kevin%s's Photo
    Congrats Titan!

Your entry was very pleasing to look at. The coaster design was top notch, the architecture was nice as well as the landscaping. Great job.

Haven't looked at the other entries yet, so I don't have anything to say about them at the moment. Sorry if I didn't finish. But to tell you the truth, I still think Titan would of won even if my entry was finished. At least you guys have a little idea of what I can do. Well, I shall be getting back to work on my solo.

Good luck guys in the Tour! Can't wait for this to finally start and see all the parks that will be produced by amazing parkmakers and non-parkamkers!

Kraken
  • BigFoot%s's Photo
    3/3 I'm batting a fuckin thousand.

Nice job Titan and others, I can't view ya'lls entries cuz they're rct2, but nice job anyways.

Blah.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading