Pro Tour 1 / The NE Pro Tour

This topic hosts comments for 68 parks(View Parks)
  • Tech Artist%s's Photo

I opened them in order up until RCTFan's, which was the first with new scenery and hence crashed my game.

Why did the scenery crash your game? Has this happened to anyone else?

Titan: Wow nice job. The architecture was awsome, the coaster was awsome( it reminded me of hulk and kraken some how) basicly everything was awsome.

Kraken: Man you'd should have finished it! If you'd have finished it, it would have won.

Deano: Nice entry! I really liked the hotel but i think the colors should have been more colorful for a hotel unless thsi was like a LotR type hotel.

Splasho: I liked the treeing and landscaping but i think there was a lack of buildings and the tepes i think there was too much of.

Stix: Even though this was Rct 1 i still think it could have been detailed a little more. Also the name should have been Lost Paradise instead of Paradise Lost. I like your little octapus guy though. :)

I can't wait to see what the actul pro tour holds :)
  • deanosrs%s's Photo
    ^ I'm guessing the significance of "Paradise Lost" is that it's a famous book (well, long poetry I think) written by John Milton. So bla.
  • Janus%s's Photo

Why did the scenery crash your game? Has this happened to anyone else?

Well, sometimes when I load a park with custom scenery that I did not previously have in my ObjData folder, I get an error trapper when the game is installing the scenery. So I have to re-start RCT2. Which takes ages. I guess it's the same for mantis.
  • BigFoot%s's Photo

^ I'm guessing the significance of "Paradise Lost" is that it's a famous book (well, long poetry I think) written by John Milton. So bla.

Correct.
  • sloB%s's Photo
    Twas a pretty good round...

TITAN - Told ya so.

DEANOSRS - I didn't like this entry very much. While there was a lot there, it all looked the same to me. It almost looked like you just did the same thing over nad over again. The colors were nifty though...

KRAKEN - Tsk, Tsk. You gotta finish something! Obviously would have been awesome if it was finished but there really was not too much there...
  • Tech Artist%s's Photo

Oh, didn't know that. I guess it is ok then

Well, sometimes when I load a park with custom scenery that I did not previously have in my ObjData folder, I get an error trapper when the game is installing the scenery. So I have to re-start RCT2. Which takes ages. I guess it's the same for mantis.

I open parks with new scenery that i didn't have in my ObjData folder all the time and never get an error trapper.

Was anyone able to open my entry? If so, any comments?
  • Titan%s's Photo
    Ok here is what happens. The 1st time you load new objects, no error trapper. The 2nd time, you ALWAYS get an error trapper. So here is my tip to you, after you load a game, reload RCT2 before opening a park that might have custom scenery, you'll save much time.

Slob - Thanks man.

Toon - That really is a complement coming from you. Thanks. :D

Also RCTFan, I got your entry to work, using my method of loading, and it looked pretty good. However the wall texture you used was very monotonous... It needed broken up with other textures. I thought the queue line was the highlight of this entry, it was pretty cool.

Kraken - Wow. I was sure after seeing it in the ad. district it would win something. It's really a shame you didn't finish. I would suggest making a full map out of it and send it in for an NE design if that would be allowed.

Deano - I have to agree with Toon here. All and all a great entry, just not my cup of tea. It seems like you made it one room at a time (atleast thats what buildings look like when I make 'em one part at a time).

It really is too bad you guys didn't get into the tour, I think you guys could have turned ALOT of heads, you already have my attention (If that's worth anything).
  • artist%s's Photo
    Wow titan your entry was great i loved it well done on that and come on aim soon i need a little chat with you.

well done everyone else sorry i havent looked at yours yet.

NC
  • Tech Artist%s's Photo

Ok here is what happens. The 1st time you load new objects, no error trapper.  The 2nd time, you ALWAYS get an error trapper.  So here is my tip to you, after you load a game, reload RCT2 before opening a park that might have custom scenery, you'll save much time.

That is exactly how i do it. I tried loading a file from the game with new custom scenery and got an error traper twice so i just load them like you do Titan and always have(besides the 2 times which were just for fun to see if i could).
  • super rich%s's Photo
    Well done Titan. I checked out your entry and i thought it looked pretty good and detailed, deanosrs your hotel was pretty good but it was a shame that it was not finished in time and i only managed to see one other which was Splash-o's, i though this was a nice liquid coaster but i think it was overdone a bit by the amount of targets and totem poles.
    Well done to every oneand good luck for the next pro-tour. :)
  • cBass%s's Photo

The Official Pro Tour will start in 2 weeks.
    All details will be revealed then.

Two days! :bring it:
  • mantis%s's Photo
    Lookin' forward to it :D
  • artist%s's Photo
    Me too.

NC
  • MightyMouse%s's Photo
    Although it was good/ fun/ suspenceful/ entertaining/ enjoyable/ original/ promicing/ with awsome entrys, I hope this doesn't turn into another high-rollers.

Ya. Just my thoughts.
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    It will. There is no way that all the parkmakers that said their going for it are gonna' accully finish their entrys. I'd say about 1/2 will accully take the time to complete their parks. The others will either give up before their park is finished because they pushed it off too close to the deadline *OR* they'll never get started. I'd expect all of us "non-parkmakers" to enter in the main round since we had to work in order to even get this far.

ride6
  • Toon%s's Photo
    If we get 20 parks as good as Hi-Rollers I'll be thrilled. I am making it a priority to do something for this contest. I have no idea what I'm going to attempt yet tho.
  • cBass%s's Photo

If we get 20 parks as good as Hi-Rollers I'll be thrilled.

My thoughts exactly.

I have no idea what I'm going to attempt yet tho.

Hehe, me neither. I can't even begin to think of ideas until I know more about the rules and/or bench. That's why I'm so anxious for this to begin.
  • deanosrs%s's Photo
    I'm looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with. For once I can sit back and watch ;)

I wouldn't be at all surprised if cbass, john, voodoo and slob are all parkmakered by the end of it.
  • Six Frags%s's Photo
    That makes me even more motivated...
    Pro Tour is top priority for me when it starts... I'll spend the most time/effort etc. in it ever...
    I want it to be my beauty (or something), so hopefully we get a reasonable amount of time for it...
    Anywayz, I'm looking forward to it!!

SF :bring it:
  • sloB%s's Photo
    I'm going to beat John.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading