RCT Discussion / The Purpose of RCT...

• Nic%s's Photo

I think that you are one of the philosiphers of RCT, Gatecrasher.
    Keep it up!!

:rolleyes:

Anyway, The purpose of RCT is to complete the scenarios, hence why single paths work and double paths don't.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    The way I build, peeps could enter and explore if they wanted. WDE includes accesible stalls and restaurants and lines, etc... However, I keep my parks peepless (or having only one or two people) when I make the final save. That gives people the option of allowing peeps in if they way or just exploring an empty park.

Yes, it's a bit more of a nuisance to incorporate stalls, etc... into a park, but that's part of the challenge, and I personally think it's cheap if you don't have stalls in a park.
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    But wouldn't it also be cheap to have 50 stalls instead of 50 pieces of extra theming when the stalls don't do anything anyway? I use to bury stalls in my parks but now that I think about it, that was really just wasted energy. There's really no reason to use the bright colored queue lines instead of regular path either. Or coaster stats... ;)
  • MickMaximus%s's Photo
    I would say a lot of people here have the minds of architects and engineers. We like to build new and creative things within the RCT. There are some really creative ideas out there and only people who have an affinity for engineering/architecture could build such great stuff.

Maybe that is why Chris Sawyer relinquished his control over the game. Maybe he wanted it to be more of a game where peeps come into parks and you build on the fly.

We all turned it into something a lot more by using trainers, and editors to make the game a little different. I personally prefer the direction we have taken the game. It was too sloppy to build a park within the original game limits.
  • Kevin%s's Photo
    Purpose of RCT = To have fun playing a game and becoming well known in the community...for me anyways, and what some of you have already stated.

Kraken
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo

But wouldn't it also be cheap to have 50 stalls instead of 50 pieces of extra theming when the stalls don't do anything anyway? I use to bury stalls in my parks but now that I think about it, that was really just wasted energy. There's really no reason to use the bright colored queue lines instead of regular path either. Or coaster stats...  ;)

Not IMO, because you're still making effort. You're not getting lazy. After all, absolutely no rules is just as bad as total dictatorship.
  • Critic%s's Photo
    I find the purpose of RCT and RCT2 to be to build a land that you wouldn't be able to create in real life and to build it well so that it's aesthetically pleasing.

That, and with a few thrill rides, too.

:D
  • Scorchio%s's Photo
    Well, I think it would be best to say that sticking to double paths from now on would be a good idea. I made a coaster design called "HellForge" - I basically dreamt of it, the launch pad, the flaming tower, the sprawling layout... and it got an intensity rating of 12.09. No one would ride it, I WOULDN'T EVEN RIDE IT - so what's the point of opening it up to peeps if THEY wouldn't ride it?

Damn, I keep contradicting myself...
  • Scorchio%s's Photo
    Well, I think it would be best to say that sticking to double paths from now on would be a good idea. I made a coaster design called "HellForge" - I basically dreamt of it, the launch pad, the flaming tower, the sprawling layout... and it got an intensity rating of 12.09. No one would ride it, I WOULDN'T EVEN RIDE IT - so what's the point of opening it up to peeps if THEY wouldn't ride it?

• Critic%s's Photo
    A little eager with the 'Add Reply' button, eh?
  • Scorchio%s's Photo
    I sneezed...
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo

And more power to you. Don't let a little insignificant thing like coaster stats get in the way of your dreams. Sometimes tweaking a ride to improve the stats will result in a better coaster. In that case the stats are a helpful tool. Other times you can spend hours tweaking and still have an etreme intensity. This happened to me with the luge coaster in egypTopia. I spent more time trying to fix the stats on that coaster than it took me to build and theme all of Sandstorm Rally. At that point, the stats are only getting in the way, they aren't helping to make a better coaster, so just forget about them.
  • Scorchio%s's Photo
    I scrapped it...

Tags

Members Reading