RCT Discussion / The Purpose of RCT...

• Tech Artist%s's Photo
    I agree with what Coaster Ed said.

The peeps in rct 2 suck. I mean it isn't like i hate them or have somthing against them. but they just plain suck. All the whining about "I need this, I need that" gets annoying. You make wide paths and let peeps in they will complain more. So don't let them in. Just make wide paths it makes the park more realistic.
  • Scorchio%s's Photo
    After starting this topic (today), I've restarted my latest project with wider paths. You're right Coaster Ed, you can see much more of a park with wider paths, and it doesn't seem crammed.

I aslo agree with Pyro, that it WOULD probably mean more to get a real person's opinion on a park, than a computer simulated person.

The single-paved parks that I've found are AWESOME to watch though, and I hope Roomraider and Mala, and anyone else keep churning them out.

Thanx!
  • Evil WME%s's Photo
    pyro, let me get this straight: letting peeps in takes away from real people viewing the park?
  • RCTNW%s's Photo

pyro, let me get this straight: letting peeps in takes away from real people viewing the park?

Good question but for those of us with slow computers, when I open a park full of peeps the game is so slow that it does take away the "speed" feel of the coasters and rides.
  • Koaster Kid%s's Photo
    I do RCT for the asthetics. (That means 'looks' for all you non-intellectuals.) I take half an hour to get a 5 by 5 squares area to look good, then I come back and completely demolish it the next day. It's half the fun.

Also, there are plenty of 'peeps' here at NE. I enjoy a park with peeps, but when I want that, I play a scenario. It's true that such park have a certain attraction, a kind of Hasbro-esque if you like, but NE also has it's own unique feel, and I think that is the point of the game; to create an atmosphere.

I think that you are one of the philosiphers of RCT, Gatecrasher.
    Keep it up!!
  • natelox%s's Photo

asthetics. (That means 'looks' for all you non-intellectuals.)

For the record, a person's knowledge of vocabulary does not define them as a certine group, atleast, in my opinion.
  • Butterfinger%s's Photo

For the record, a person's knowledge of vocabulary does not define them as a certine group, atleast, in my opinion.

Niether does spelling (I could name many people who should take note on that...)
  • CoasterkidMWM%s's Photo
    Well I'm a crazy person but to me it's about making the coaster look good.

I could give less of a crap about the virtual little shits.
  • Evil WME%s's Photo
    but can´t you make an aestethic park WITH peeps?
  • KaiBueno%s's Photo

but can´t you make an aestethic park WITH peeps?

Perhaps if you overhack the path structures throughout the WHOLE park.

The way I see it, the peeps are cute, but have long ago became a nuisance. The inferior AI (even in RCT2) prevents peeps from exploring the truly great parks that have either extra-wide paths, or even just more intricate single-wide paths. For some reason, they just aren't smart enough to handle it. They get lost, run around in circles, and then once they've lost their patience with their park visiting experience, can't find the exit that they are about 3 squares away from, which is likely in plain site. Nevermind the mess they make, and the staff hiring aspect which quite frankly, bores me to tears.

At one point in time I believed in keeping things single path width so that the peeps would have a chance, but when they got lost on that too, I gave up and left the peeps out of the park building process. If I REALLY want them to ride a coaster of mine and hear them scream on it, I'll pick them up and drag them to the queue line. Eventually, a few will ride and I'll see what they think. Otherwise, the game has evolved (remember it is almost 5 years old) from a scenario/financial strategy game (in which you could build working coasters) to a form of artistic expression.

I know I've thought of the game as a blank canvas for my expressing my imagination for at least 2-3 years now.

Kai :huey:
  • Nic%s's Photo
    Christ, This place is going downhill.
  • sacoasterfreak%s's Photo

I do RCT for the asthetics. (That means 'looks' for all you non-intellectuals.)

Its, um, aesthetics.
    But it's already obvious you consider yourself better than everybody else, so I'm sure you don't care about what I have to say.

My computer sucks, so I dont open parks, and I refuse to make a peep-accessable park in RCT 2 until I have at least a gig of processing power backed up by half of that in RAM.
  • Evil WME%s's Photo

Christ, This place is going downhill.

an agreeing person =D
  • Mike Robbins%s's Photo
    I can go either way on the issue. For the longest time when I played RCT:CF and LL, I made single path parks so the peeps could enjoy the park. But I would make my downloads available closed to cut down on file size and slowness. But at the same time, anyone could open the park themselves and let the peeps flow in. With my later RCT:LL work, I kept my parks peep friendly, but made them wide path using the Beast trainer. It was successful because members at RCT Station were longing to see wide path parks from me and some were glad peeps could enter too. And of course, I made the downloads available without peeps to cut down on file size.

Now with RCT2, hacking paths isn't necessary for the peeps, but they will still get lost some. I've developed pathing systems so they don't really get lost anymore, but maintaining a wide path. When Asian Adventures becomes available for download (and all 10 WW people can enjoy it! :lol: ), it will be wide path, of course, and closed. But at the touch of a button, anyone can open the park and let the peeps in. And since I test the park with peeps in it, I fixed the dead ends so no peeps will get lost.
  • Marshy%s's Photo
    I actually love the thought of peep interactive parks, the screams, laughter, it just makes me think that I am building paths for a reason, and plus it adds to the atmosphere.
  • Scorchio%s's Photo

I think that you are one of the philosiphers of RCT, Gatecrasher.
    Keep it up!!

Uh... thanx.

Me tryin' Double Paths hack at momment - VERY stressful, tedious work....
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    Personally RCT is a form of artisitic expression and self-improvement. I RCT2 i have found that most of my parks have been expearements, ways for me to vent stress and create a more peaceful realality for myself. At the same time RCT gives me a mode of artistic espression that i feel that i can accully use somewhat effectively.

Peep-friendly parks, woopie. I like them when they are realistic but otherwise peeps are eritating and couterdictory. Personally i've made all of my parks without peeps, their demending little turds and i don't like that.
    I still play scenarios from time to time in order to get that "building with a purpose" felling back. Most of my time is spent better though.

ride6
  • Scorchio%s's Photo
    I'm tryin' my hand at a double wide path park now. It certainly looks less maze like or cluttered. I guess making this determines the outcome of whether I like single or double paved parks better. Will my opinion change after finishing it?
  • AustinPowers%s's Photo
    I agree that it is art...but I don't see why people can't make their paths layed out so peeps can go in the park...you dont have to build with them in the park tho...I make all of my parks peepable...Babylon was peepable...I don't care one way or the other for others parks but I like to see the peeps in my parks...
  • Scorchio%s's Photo

...you dont have to build with them in the park tho...

THAT would be irritating... tried it, drove me mad, NEVER AGAIN...

Tags

Members Reading