Contests / NE Invitational

This topic hosts comments for 3 parks(View Parks)

NE Invitational

1. Dragon Realm by Micool 5 votes [9.62%]
    Percentage of vote: 9.62%
  2. Age of Empires by mantis 36 votes [69.23%]
    Percentage of vote: 69.23%
  3. Candlelight Times by Evil WME 11 votes [21.15%]
    Percentage of vote: 21.15%
  • Evil WME%s's Photo
    don´t worry, liking my park best is good enough for me, nate =P. I even sorta had a feeling you´d chose my way....

anyways, @mantis.. you deserve the win for those brilliant areas (meaning the medeival and the greek one)
  • mantis%s's Photo
    The fact that all my work is copied from other people shouldn't come as a surprise, seeing as i've always said my stuff is just potted versions of things i've seen...

Although I don't see the resemblance between AF and Blitz's work, but hey.

And wow look at that - this thread DID die as quickly as I expected.

I've been thinking about what Nate said:

The entrance was a composite of every IOA recreation ever made (includind IOAH)

I did explain in the readme that it started out as an IOA park...I mean, would you expect an IOA park NOT to have an IOA entrance? Maybe a Disney one would have been more appropriate?! I don't really know what else I COULD have done, seeing as the theme for the entrance is new compared to the other well known IOA entrance themes...

Mongolian Wilderness was a near carbon copy of x-Sectors Jurrasic Hotel

Hmm. I used a single wooden dome structure. And, correct me if i'm wrong, I did a wooden dome in womb (in one of the screens) over a year ago! And this isn't a hotel. And it is a different theme. And it has coasters. And...well, I don't understand you, to be honest.

Karnak resembled RRP's Kilminjaro and IOAH's lost coninent too much.

Again, i'm a bit at a loss :-/ Er...

Alien Factory was a carbon copy of Blitz.

I'm not sure Blitz would be pleased to hear that something so non-fantasy was a 'carbon copy' of his work... Am I missing something here?

Aegean Isle was watered down X-sector with a little RRP

Ah yes. The area most inspired by posix is like x/rrp...

OLD COVENTRY was an attempt at a fatha/coaster Ed mix.

Actually, that is probably the area that is closest to my own style, if such a thing exists. I built it when this thing first started (whenever that was). I don't see ANY similarities with Ed's work - how could there be any, to be honest? And fatha'? You should know his architecture is more complex than THAT. I must be really missing the point or something.

Even the layout of the park was the already-been-copied-too-much-lake-in-the-middle.

Not for want of repeating myself, but I already talked about the IOA thing...

I'm happy for you to criticise my work, and I accept a lot of what you say - but a lot of your criticism is baseless.
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    mantis won... get over it. This late in RCT history (3 years is an eternity for a computer game) everything has been done, quite wimpering.

The park had the highest overall quality. Candlelight Times was too plain in areas and Dragon Realms was too small.
  • mantis%s's Photo

mantis won... get over it.  This late in RCT history (3 years is an eternity for a computer game) everything has been done, quite wimpering.

Not true. And if you're going to have a go at someone, at least get your spelling right.

Everything has NOT been done.
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    I really don't know how to say this without sounding like a total ass but I CAN'T FUCKING SPELL!!!!!! never have and never will.

I guess everything hasn't been done but it's to the point that no matter what you build (in RCT/LL) it can be called "copying" by those who don't pay attention to detail.

Oh and for some reason my keyboard quite working half-way through that post. I had more to say.

ride6
  • mantis%s's Photo
    Don't worry - just me having my daily moan :D

And I think to some extend you're right, but when you see things like Blood Island you suddenly realise that the darkest depths of LL have yet to be plumbed.
  • natelox%s's Photo
    Mantis, micool, WME, I must appologize for the brashness of my comments. It was quite rude to insult your work that you had put so much time into. It had nothing to do with you or your work, perhaps I was having a bad day, I don't know what it was. All of you have fans who love everything you do, so please don't listen to me, keep doing what you do.
  • thorpedo%s's Photo

Mantis, micool, WME, I must appologize for the brashness of my comments. It was quite rude to insult your work that you had put so much time into. It had nothing to do with you or your work, perhaps I was having a bad day, I don't know what it was. All of you have fans who love everything you do, so please don't listen to me, keep doing what you do.

Yay! A transformation...

natelox is switching from evil to good. :'( I'm so proud of you!

j/k, you weren't actually THAT bad, just some of the comments were harsh. We all have bad days, you know?
  • natelox%s's Photo
    oh well. I really don't want to be an asshole, or mean, or anything negative. I think I can be a lot nicer, and I think here is a good place to start.
  • mantis%s's Photo
    Well be nice and tell me what I can do better :) Cos I want to improve - that's the point, right?
  • Cocoa%s's Photo

I'm actually quite shocked at all the 'nos'. If this isn't an LL spotlight wtf is

• G Force%s's Photo

For me, Age of Empires is just really inconsistent.  I absolutely love the entrance area and the Beemer area, probably two of my favorite LL areas honestly.  Coaster, terrain and archy just work fantastically together.  Unfortunately thats not the case for the rest of the park which I feel is far weaker and not really deserving of spotlight.  Especially the winter area with Yeti and the Furturistic area, which I honestly think are sort of bad.  The Greek/Minoan and Egyptian areas are just sort of good, not really that special.  Perhaps if these were the two weakest areas of the park it would warrant spotlight, but as is the park is just too inconsistent.

Still a great release obviously, that floorless is forever going to be one of the best.

• MrTycoonCoaster%s's Photo
    The 3 parks are good, good colors, foliage, rides, mountains, paths, terrain, well elaborate roofs, nice improvisation, i would say it was a great work for LL.
    It would be very difficult to choose one of them, the 3 parks have good areas, but also some areas not very good, if we were voting I would have to watch a lot to decide
    Independent of anything I really liked it.
  • Dr_Dude%s's Photo

is age of empires technically still a spotlight tho cuz it won??

• Liampie%s's Photo

It wasn't a spotlight, then it was, then it wasn't, and now it will never be because it got gold. I think it's the right accolade. Spotlight worthy parks not getting spotlight can be stupid but just as stupid is the idea of an 'elevated spotlight'. Especially in the age of the accolade panel.

• Dr_Dude%s's Photo

even if it's one of my favorites I agree, its status has just always been confusing to me and I never 100% knew what the invitational rules were.

• inthemanual%s's Photo

Missing aerial tag is incorrect.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading