News / Official Park Wars Teams

• Silenced%s's Photo
    What happens if I dont recieve a partner? Do I go on my own? Or do I get kicked?
  • Dantheman%s's Photo
    Tussaud's Outer Dimension

Inverness Scotland
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    I'm not sure knuckles. Isn't there someone else who wants to be a part of Park Wars? It's going to be more complex and interactive than any of the other NE contests. Of course it is LL only so I suppose that's why there aren't a lot of volunteers. slob, this would be a good chance to try some LL parkmaking :D Or maybe one of those clubbers wants to give it a shot. Any of them that still play LL anyway... Pym maybe? Anyone who still plays RCT for fun, I would encourage you to join. That's really what this contest is all about - having fun making up theme parks :D
  • sloB%s's Photo
    It's funny you should mention that...

I'm definitley interested in giving this a try but I'm just wondering what kind of commitment its going to be.

I also see I would be doing Fuji-Q, a chain I'm not really crazy about.

Just making sure, but is knuckles the only person who needs a partner? Nothing against you man, I just want to see whats available...
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    Heh, nice sig.

Yeah knuckles is the only one without a partner. And actually, it isn't that important that you stick with your park chain's style. There's nothing requiring that in the rules. The only thing I know about Fuji-Q is that they have that park in Japan with Fujiyama which used to be the tallest coaster in the world (before Millennium Force). They used to have Moonsault Scramble too which was a strange looking shuttle coaster. Oh and they built only the third ever Thrust Air 2000 coaster called Dodonpa (that's counting the prototype - Dodonpa and Hypersonic XLC at Paramount's King's Dominion are the only two operating currently) Their coasters are pretty strange so you could really try some unusual things with that park chain. And like I said before, no one is forcing you to build exactly like your park chain. Building rides themed to Spiderman and the Incredible Hulk would be frowned upon since those are obviously Universal, but you're free to be creative if you want to be. In fact, I would encourage it. :D
  • sloB%s's Photo
    Its worth a try.

Hey knuckles, if you'll have me, I'll be your partner.
  • intamin101%s's Photo
    Actually, Dodonpa is the second TA2K as (if I'm not mistaken, and I don't think I am) Hypersonic XLC is the prototype model, rebuilt at PKD. I remember reading this somewhere, but I could be wrong. On an additional note, I also heard of newer models including more elements including inversions... Perhaps if they could iron out the kinks, the coaster would be more popular.
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    Yeah the prototype was disassembled and rebuilt at PKD but they redesigned the layout and added more track to it in the process. Does that make it the same ride? It uses a lot of the same pieces but the layout isn't the same. I don't know, you can interpret it either way. I guess it would be best to say that Dodonpa was the first ever installation of a brand new Thrust Air coaster, the second such coaster to exist, and the third Thrust Air ride layout to operate.
  • Silenced%s's Photo
    I love you slob. All we need now is a name.
  • Silenced%s's Photo
    Sorry to double-post but me and slob came up with a name, thanks to Encarta.

Fuji-Q's Ryukyu Islands Resort

knuckles B)
  • CP Freak Jon%s's Photo
    I'm sorry, but I'm dropping out of this. Life takes time, and this is just time I cannot use on Park Wars.

Maybe another time...
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    If anyone else wants in and is willing to commit a little of their time for 6 months or so to working on updates, there is now an opening for Cedar Fair with ride6.
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    Well... I was thinking about dropping out myself, but then again I figure that wouldn't be the correct thing for me to do for my sake and others (No names but there are people who have expectations of me in this contest).

I would like a partner but in the case that one is not found in time for the contest I will understand and likewise, drop out.

Basicly, I have the time, thought, and energy to put into a contest of this type and I would like to if easily possable. I feel that in order to be a good sport I may have to let the contest go, for everyone else involved. Do what you must.

ride6
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    We'll try to find a partner for you ride6. Or who knows, maybe someone else will drop out. If you want to do it, we'll find a way to get you in. Don't feel bad if you want to drop out though. You or anyone else. If it's not gonna be fun for you, than there's no reason to do it right?
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    ride6, Corkscrew has agreed to be your partner. So updated teams:

Fuji-Q:
    knuckles
    slob

Cedar Fair:
    ride6
    Corkscrew
  • John%s's Photo
    I'm afraid I'm going to have to drop out.
    The ProTour will take up the majority of my time until May.
    Sorry, gir.
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    :'( You make me very sad.

No it's alright. I don't want anyone to feel obligated to be in this anyway. It's supposed to be for fun. Yeah it'll take some time but I think it'll actually be a fun and memorable way to make a park one section at a time instead of the usual way of barricading yourself in your room for months at a time and working away until you satisfy your desire for perfection. Oh, maybe that's just me.
  • gir%s's Photo

:'(  You make me very sad.

No it's alright.

No it's not. :'(

Hurry Ed, use your magic convincing powers.
  • Janus%s's Photo
    I guess I could give this a try, as I've really gained interest in LL but don't want to do a park and haven't got very many projects going.
  • JKay%s's Photo

Anyone who still plays RCT for fun, I would encourage you to join.

That's me.....I'd be willing to give it a try....altho someone will have to explain the whole thing to me. :-)

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading