General Chat / Whale Explodes.

• jon%s's Photo
    That scooter is immaculately clean. It's just had whale guts thrown all over it. Anyway, it's not the kind of thing you see of everyday is it. It is revolting yet entertaining. Yuck!
  • Rage%s's Photo
    When I die, I hope to explode in my coffin, in the middle of the funeral. Go out with a bang so to speak. I hope my funeral is happy...

I dont see whats so bad. It felt no pain. The blood and guts are just a part of the DEAD animal.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    The sad thing is that PETA will probably sue Taiwan for cruelty to animals, because it's unethical to transport a dead animal in the streets. :lol:
  • Cap'n Quack%s's Photo
    I cannot stop laughing! I seriously cannot stop laughing! I can just imagine the look on people's faces as a whale explodes its guts all over the fucking place! LOL! OMG! I got to leave so I can breathe.
  • posix%s's Photo

The sad thing is that PETA will probably sue Taiwan for cruelty to animals, because it's unethical to transport a dead animal in the streets.

Which is more than just right.
    It's funny how it make such a big difference to you guys whether the whale was dead or not. But oh well, everyone knows that America treats nature like shit.
  • Pym Guy%s's Photo

[font="tahoma"]But oh well, everyone knows that America treats nature like shit.[/font]

thanks for the generalization.
  • JBruckner%s's Photo
    [font="Arial"]I'll just sit back and watch this one, should be great.[/font]
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    I agree!
    Snacks anyone?

:l33t:
  • catalyst%s's Photo

But oh well, everyone knows that America treats nature like shit.

I do not know that but will assume it to be complimentary, implying fertility and abundant new growth. I do know that the United States of America has built a national forest and parks system second to none. I also know that the US of A is one of few countries in the world that systematically protects internationally significant landscapes and ecologically sensitive areas, and employs rigorous environmental assessment in project planning.

The beloved Black Forest would still be in (acidic) molecular cascade if not for the secondment of American foresters and landscape architects and, most of us probably wouldn't be here if not for the continental forestry crisis and Napolean's blockade of the Baltic States. So, I wonder - what are you doing about your country's emission impact on Arctic water supplies? Do you have the type of conscience that makes it hurt to know Inuit mothers can no longer breastfeed their babies, except to poison them?

More than btw or wtf, I am Canadian - and believe or not, most of us would burn down the White House as our forefathers did if we thought it would do any good. We are one people, great people, the world over - all struggling for survival, desperate.

Take a deep breath of what is not fresh air and know it may be your last one - if we don't stop fingerpointing in fear and take a look at our selves.
  • Adix%s's Photo
    Phil: If the damn thing is dead, it can't feel any pain, meaning that no suffering took place, and therefore, the whale, which was just a rotting bag of organic matter, didn't have anything wrong done to it.
  • Micool%s's Photo

Phil: If the damn thing is dead, it can't feel any pain, meaning that no suffering took place, and therefore, the whale, which was just a rotting bag of organic matter, didn't have anything wrong done to it.

Exactly what I wanted to say but didn't want to get in an argument with Posix.
  • Turtleman%s's Photo
    He won't understand.
  • Tyler%s's Photo
    what disturbs me, right, is the people. mostly males. who went to go "experience" its five foot long penis.
    i kid you not.

read the article!
  • posix%s's Photo

You know, Andrew, I don't think I can say I'm a member of greenpeace or anything and I'm not into environmentalism all that much. It's just that a dead whale (and these animals are in my opinion really impressive) shouldn't be transported openly on the road for everyone to gaze. It's against it's respect. There should've been a cover. Secondly, those idiots who did the whole thing should've known of the dangers. They probably did but didn't care. Imagine this would happen to dead humans. I admit that there's a difference, yeah, because we care a thousand times more for ourselves than for other beings, but to me it doesn't mean that much of a difference.
    Now this tragedy happens, and all that people do is make fun over the spread whale bowels on the street. I find it absolutely crude. It's horrible how there were pictures taken in the first place. But anyway...

As for America.
    catalyst, I only flew over your post because it sounded too much like an annoying lecture to me.
    It is a well known fact that America is the country that harms the world-wide environment the worst. By far. I think I don't need to give reasons why. I should be surprised if you guys actually didn't know. You just don't have something like an 'environmental awareness'. Not even your government does. Which is another sad story but I don't want to get off-topic...

Now you, PymGuy ~sigh~
    You know, you're really one of the top losers 2003. I can hardly remember anyone who degenerated as much as you did. If you believe I'm a homosexual, then please, do. I could care fucking less. The problem just is that you always try to come up with the big news here at NE. "Posix is gay, didn't you all know ?!". I don't know how often you tried and failed with that. When will you learn it? It is no use trying when your name is PymGuy. Do yourself a favour and stop. Thanks.
  • Adix%s's Photo

Imagine this would happen to dead humans.

It wouldn't... in fact, at a guy's funeral once.... he had one of those random deadperson muscle spasms, so he sat up in his coffin... that stirred the gasses in his stomach, so he belched. This is a true story, too... imagine being at your best friend's funeral when he sits up in the middle of the service and sounds off like a foghorn... that'd be freaky shit.

As for the whole respect the dead philosophy, well, they're fucking dead, get over it. My friend's had permission to dance on my grave when I die for a while now.
  • catalyst%s's Photo

catalyst, I only flew over your post because it sounded too much like an annoying lecture to me.
    It is a well known fact that America is the country that harms the world-wide environment the worst. By far. I think I don't need to give reasons why.

I think you're making my point, that our world is too complex to point the finger at one group of people or nation, and blame. It's a better known fact that the pollution of poverty is greater than that of affluence - and there are objective sources for this, if you care enough to look. Easy examples, the ex-soviet union and China have far worse environmental records than the USA, but as the most vigorous democracy in the world the USA is easiest to blame.

Given that all nations are liquidating environmental capital, reducing the buffer capacity of biology and finance, what will you do when your forests are wiped out for the third time? Blame the USA?
  • Cap'n Quack%s's Photo
    When dogs stop drinking from the toilet, when birds stop flying into windows, when squirrels stop biting each others testicles off during breeding season, when turkeys stop drowning in the rain, when lemmings stop following eachother into rivers and off cliffs during migration, and when animals stop doing all the stupid shit they do then they can have their rights and respect. Until then I give them no sympathy.
  • Jacko Shanty%s's Photo
    ^I agree with that. If it were a dead human on the streets like that, who just spontaneously combusted.. you'd be hearing a lot more about it.. and you know someone would get sued.
  • Rage%s's Photo

[font="tahoma"]Which is more than just right.
    It's funny how it make such a big difference to you guys whether the whale was dead or not. But oh well, everyone knows that America treats nature like shit.[/font]

Im english.

Imagine this would happen to dead humans.

I have no problem with it. DEAD bodies dont feel pain. I realy couldnt care less if I spontaneusly combust in my grave, coffin or even death bed. Id be dead, it wouldnt have anything to do with me.

Spontaneus Combustion is a part of nature. Albeit, a very rare and strange part but its NATUREL.
  • John%s's Photo

and when animals stop doing all the stupid shit they do then they can have their rights and respect. Until then I give them no sympathy.

The irony of ironies. Hahahahahaha.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading