News / QFTB Parkmaker Returns...Voting Closed For Round 1

• Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Just checked X-Sector vs Dantheman.

It's... um... interesting.
  • posix%s's Photo

Call me crazy, but I voted freak over Ashitaka.

Uh, why not?
    Ashitaka stopped improving years ago and only produced one boring Everquest park after the other whereas Freak's "Yokuguru" (sp?) shows an improvement.
  • Dantheman%s's Photo

Just checked X-Sector vs Dantheman.

It's... um... interesting.

Don't tell me I know the results already two words come to mind white wash. Oh well am happy I made the poll :birthday:
  • mantis%s's Photo
    Personally, I much prefer Prince's work, especially his new screens.

Ed - you and X are the best and that's all there is to it.
  • natelox%s's Photo

Personally, I much prefer Prince's work, especially his new screens.

Please, let's judge completed works rather than screens.
  • laz0rz%s's Photo
    He said especially his new screens.

Anyway, I got the page to work, and here's who I voted for
    1 vs. 16
    Fatha'

8 vs. 9
    Kumba

5 vs. 12
    rctfreak2000

4 vs. 13
    Butterfinger

6 vs. 11
    cBass

3 vs. 14
    RCTNW

7 vs. 10
    Gymkid Dude

2 vs. 15
    x-sector
  • Ride6%s's Photo

He said especially his new screens.

Anyway, Igot the page to work, and here's who I voted for
    1 vs. 16
    Fatha'

8 vs. 9
    Kumba

5 vs. 12
    rctfreak2000

4 vs. 13
    Butterfinger

6 vs. 11
    cBass

3 vs. 14
    RCTNW

7 vs. 10
    Gymkid Dude

2 vs. 15
    x-sector

My exact list except i voted for Aero21 over RCTNW...

Interesting stuff. I'm betting on Mantis for this one. He's just released Ages Of Empires a month or two ago and WOMB should be coming along soon enough... Coaster Ed and X-Sector are very likely to make the top five this time.

ride6
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    about X-Sector, his spot has me a bit confused, iris has been saying he's his fav. yet if he's a #2 in a 4 set tornament, so (ithink?) he'd be ranked somewhere in the 5-8 overall? i think him, Fatha' or Ed will take this thing.
  • iris%s's Photo
    Hes amazing but most of his best stuff is unreleased. So taking content into consideration, he got a 2 seed.
    Trust me, all the #1 seeds are very deserving.
  • Prince%s's Photo

[font="Tahoma"]Uh, why not?
    Ashitaka stopped improving years ago and only produced one boring Everquest park after the other [/font]

Alright, I've about had it, Posix its ok when you tell me that you dont like my stuff, I know that my work will never satisfy you, and you can rant on what you dont like, but dude you are starting to piss the hell out of me. My work hasn't improved in years...My god, I try to be friendly but apparently I cant get any slack...or respect.

~Prince Ashitaka~ 8@
  • BigFoot%s's Photo
    I've noticed Ashitaka improving with every Everquest park he's released. I dont' think its a matter of him improving, its a matter of him releasing something more often.

Not to mention Waters of the Past should have won spotlight.
  • thorpedo%s's Photo

Not to mention Waters of the Past should have won spotlight.

A truer statement has never been spoken. Mid-America deserved spotlight aswell. But that wasn't Ashitaka. Hehe.

Yeah Ashitaka has been improving with every park, his new stuff doesn't even seem believable that its him.
  • gymkid dude%s's Photo
    the #1's: Fatha, Nate, Mantis, Ed? Maybe Pyro stead of Nate?
  • Panic%s's Photo
    YAY! Someone else voted for RCTNW!

Actually, mine was a mistake because I didn't remember much of Walt Disney's Disneyland Utopia when I voted and that is almost a definite spotlight. My vote was based mostly on Wormwood vs. Klamath Lake and I like KL better so that swung it towards RCTNW. 8@
  • x-sector%s's Photo
    Iris is right all my best stuff is unreleased.
  • posix%s's Photo
    Whoops, Ashitaka is here.
    You seemed gone, I was shameless... and in the end, I didn't care. Like every so often.

You're trying to be friendly? Exactly that. And it pisses me off. Trying to be friendly is the most hypocritical and dishonest thing ever and people are only doing it for their own good. For being liked by others. Therefore they let die every last bit of personality they once might have had just to fit in the image of the perfect person they have in mind. And I hate that because it always comes obvious and makes them look as stupid as ever. Also, it's definitely not going to get you any respect. Good RCT work is.
    And no, I'm not of the opinion that "Waters of the Past" should've won spotlight. But that's another and unimportant story.

Natelox makes a very good point when he says that we should not judge a parkmaker's skill on the screenshots he shows. I always forget that myself. But then again, I have seen Freak's new work...
  • Adix%s's Photo

[font="tahoma"]Whoops, Ashitaka is here.
    You seemed gone, I was shameless... and in the end, I didn't care. Like every so often.

You're trying to be friendly? Exactly that. And it pisses me off. Trying to be friendly is the most hypocritical and dishonest thing ever and people are only doing it for their own good. For being liked by others. Therefore they let die every last bit of personality they once might have had just to fit in the image of the perfect person they have in mind. And I hate that because it always comes obvious and makes them look as stupid as ever. Also, it's definitely not going to get you any respect. Good RCT work is.
    And no, I'm not of the opinion that "Waters of the Past" should've won spotlight. But that's another and unimportant story.

Natelox makes a very good point when he says that we should not judge a parkmaker's skill on the screenshots he shows. I always forget that myself. But then again, I have seen Freak's new work...[/font]

What the fuck? So I'm trying to fit a different personality, then? God, stop generalizing everything before people decide to do it back, and start calling you a nazi bastard just because you're German.

Thinketh Before Thou Speaketh.
  • posix%s's Photo

stop generalizing everything before people decide to do it back, and start calling you a nazi bastard just because you're German.

I have observed the Ashitaka thing ever since I came to NE. And I've got him to know as well. It's not like I just talk shit about him because I feel like it. It's my opinion. And since you can be so unworriedly honest on a forum I'm just enjoying it.
    If someone called me a Nazi then it wouldn't make sense because I've never said anything Nazi-ish.
  • Adix%s's Photo

[font="tahoma"]If someone called me a Nazi then it wouldn't make sense because I've never said anything Nazi-ish.[/font]

Of course not... but you say I'm one of the friendliest people on here, and seem to mean that in a good way, and then you go and say that friendly people just want things... I mean, really, make up your mind. Either you're fucking wrong, or you think I've been trying to use you...
  • posix%s's Photo

you say I'm one of the friendliest people on here, and seem to mean that in a good way, and then you go and say that friendly people just want things... I mean, really, make up your mind. Either you're fucking wrong, or you think I've been trying to use you...

You get this all wrong Adix. What I said was for people who resemble Ashitaka. You don't. You're different. You're honest. And I love and have 100% confidence in you. Let's end the bitchfight we both feel uncomfortable with.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading