Music Forum / What Genre Of Rock Are You?

• Pym Guy%s's Photo
    Take.
  • Janus%s's Photo
    I'm old school punk according to that thing. I don't agree.
    Besides, I'm not sure about the whole quiz idea.
  • Panoramical%s's Photo

Indie rock! You're my most favourite type of music... Your music channels lots of emotion. On the top it seems simple, but underneath there's always a deep meaning... As your name you're independent from most of music! Stay that way! Good on you! There's so much variation in your style...from deep and thoughtful like The Stills, to happy go lucky like Belle & Sebastian, to dancy and catchy Franz Ferdinand, and back to boogie down Hot Hot Heat and The Rapture...

Ok, I've never heard of the stills, or belle & sebastian, never heard franz ferdinand, and I hate hot hot heat and the rapture. mmm. that makes sense. but i like indie. strange.
  • lazyboy97O%s's Photo
    Heavy metal! You rock! It's mostly about the music instead of lyrics for you...but you channel most of the emotion through the lyrics! Mosh pit for you! Just be careful you don't give yourself a concussion with so much headbanging...
  • Rage%s's Photo
    Heavy metal! You rock! It's mostly about the music instead of lyrics for you...but you channel most of the emotion through the lyrics! Mosh pit for you! Just be careful you don't give yourself a concussion with so much headbanging...

I must of ticked almost ever possible box though (apart from shite like Sum41, Good Charlette, Blink 182 etc. and Pop-Punk GAH!)
  • Raven-SDI%s's Photo
    Hello.

Death Metal....
    And shit...

PAoD
    §Æ§
  • Sandman%s's Photo
    link not working
  • Scorchio%s's Photo
    Anything Alternative I say - I go from Slipknot to Incubus - but I HATE Metallica...
  • Adix%s's Photo
    Heavy metal! You rock! It's mostly about the
    music instead of lyrics for you...but you
    channel most of the emotion through the lyrics!
    Mosh pit for you! Just be careful you don't
    give yourself a concussion with so much
    headbanging...
  • cg?%s's Photo
    apparently i'm "alternative-rock", with a big picture of Placebo. i don't like Placebo...

Alternative rock! You're the very interesting side of rock... You sometimes reach the masses, like Placebo, but mostly you're underground and stay true to your musical roots... Just keep what you're doing and churn out that good stuff!

...bah, whatever...
  • Jacko Shanty%s's Photo

Garage rock! I like you... I like you alot! You and indie are on the same plane for me! You bring rock'n'roll down to its dirty roots, whether being minimalist like The White Stripes or retro like The Strokes. You keep on doing what you're doing! Oh...and did I mention I like you alot?

Yay. I love The Strokes. I just saw them in concert last Saturday in Charlotte. Amazing.
  • Junior%s's Photo
    Garauge Rock.

Speechless.

:rolleyes:
  • Blitz%s's Photo
    i got "garage" for some reason.

I like prog rock best though...
  • thorpedo%s's Photo
    Emo! You're very in touch with your emotions and that's what I like about you! It's all about the music for you... I have pity for your tortured soul...you're just like me...
  • Mike Robbins%s's Photo
    Grunge! You're all about the music and would even turn your back on fame just to stay true to your roots... You reached your high in the early '90s, but you're still making some good stuff! Keep rocking!

I guess this makes sense since grunge started when I was in high school.
  • mantis%s's Photo
    Posted Image

Indie rock!  You're my most favourite type of music...  Your music channels lots of emotion. On the top it seems simple, but underneath there's always a deep meaning...  As your name you're independent from most of music!  Stay that way!  Good on you!  There's so much variation in your style...from deep and thoughtful like The Stills, to happy go lucky like Belle & Sebastian, to dancy and catchy Franz Ferdinand, and back to boogie down Hot Hot Heat and The Rapture...

Well duh. That's me all over.
  • KaiBueno%s's Photo
    I guess liking a wide variety means I like Classic Rock?

I don't think so...I mean I do like it, but more core musical selections come from the 90's...your alternative/grunge/indie/etc...

Survey's a bit screwy me thinks....I'm not much for being labeled anyway...too limiting.

Kai ???
  • Steve%s's Photo
    Numetal.
    *throws out Linkin Park CD*
  • Metropole%s's Photo
    I got Emo-right on the spot.

I'm Emo all over, and Funeral for a Friend are my favourite band (the picture for the emo page)

Metro B)
  • Aeroglobe%s's Photo
    I got "Alternative", but I'm not that surprised. My calling card in music is house, so I'm not angry.

Personally, I prefer Nu-Metal the most, behind that Emo and Blink 182 (not pop-punk, just them).

Aérôglòbe Posted Image

*edit* -- oh, wait, my other calling card is dnb.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading