Music Forum / What Genre Of Rock Are You?

• yyo%s's Photo
    Heavy metal! You rock! It's mostly about the music instead of lyrics for you...but you channel most of the emotion through the lyrics! Mosh pit for you! Just be careful you don't give yourself a concussion with so much headbanging
  • cg?%s's Photo
    so, i retook the test tonight, and got a completely different result (although, i also changed a couple of answers, thus pointing more towards my ever-changing personality, more than the poorly-designed test).

anywho...

i got old-school punk! i hope they mean old-school art-punk, but, even if they don't, i would rather listen to the Sex Pistols, than Placebo, so, hey.

edit: i reretook the test, and, guess what? i got Alternative again, after changing only one, or two answers. bah! this test is bullshit...
  • Pym Guy%s's Photo
    lmfao what did you expect, cg?
  • Sandman%s's Photo
    Fucking A!

Heavy metal! You rock! It's mostly about the music instead of lyrics for you...but you channel most of the emotion through the lyrics! Mosh pit for you! Just be careful you don't give yourself a concussion with so much headbanging...
  • cg?%s's Photo
    [font="optima"]Pym-Guy: no, i didn't expect anything of that sort, however, when i decide to change a couple of answers, i don't expect to get a completely different result! besides, i was bored, as often happens in the middle of the night when one cannot sleep. you do weird things in that state...[/font]
  • Skylor%s's Photo

Posted Image

Well duh. That's me all over.

me too :angel:
  • penguinBOB%s's Photo
    Posted Image
    Emo! You're very in touch with your emotions and
    that's what I like about you! It's all about
    the music for you... I have pity for your
    tortured soul...you're just like me...

I don't really care for funeral for a friend, but whatever (I do <3 Thursday, though)

i got "garage" for some reason.

I like prog rock best though...

Me too, but it really depends...

They need a genre entitled "Finds the best drummers and listens to them first, and considers the rest of the band (and it's sound) second" just for me. :rolleyes:
  • mantis%s's Photo

Posted Image

Well duh. That's me all over.

me too :angel:

I bet you don't even know who they are :(
  • Rage%s's Photo

Fucking A!

Is that like a "mosher" phrase or somethign becuase we all use it at band night to describe metal bands. lol. i thought it was just us lot from northwich.

So we're not special after all :'(
  • cg?%s's Photo

i bet you don't even know who they are.

not even i know who they are! but, then again, i don't know what 99.99% of the musicians i listen to, actually look like. and you know what? i don't care!

love the clothes though! wonderful stuff...
  • Tech Artist%s's Photo
    Broken links are fun! :SA:
  • mantis%s's Photo
    They are Franz Ferdinand!

www.franzferdinand.co.uk
  • Janus%s's Photo
    Franz Ferdinand are good. I took the test again, and I'm still

Posted Image
    Old school punk! You just say what you have to say regardless of what everyone else thinks! You're one of my most favourite types of music... You're raw and uncut! You're surrounded by hype...just don't let it make yougo insane...

Then it must be true...
  • John%s's Photo
    Posted Image

Indie rock! You're my most favourite type of music... Your music channels lots of emotion. On the top it seems simple, but underneath there's always a deep meaning... As your name you're independent from most of music! Stay that way! Good on you! There's so much variation in your style...from deep and thoughtful like The Stills, to happy go lucky like Belle & Sebastian, to dancy and catchy Franz Ferdinand, and back to boogie down Hot Hot Heat and The Rapture...

I suppose...
  • gir%s's Photo
    Posted Image

Modern rock! You're very good! Your lyrics have lots to say, but you can go crazy sometimes... Careful now... Just keep making that music that keeps the rock world watching!

---

I like Incubus. :D
  • Critic%s's Photo
    Alternative rock! You're the very interesting side of rock... You sometimes reach the masses, like Placebo, but mostly you're underground and stay true to your musical roots... Just keep what you're doing and churn out that good stuff!
    Posted Image
  • cg?%s's Photo

They are Franz Ferdinand!

yes, well, great clothes, as i said before. shame about the music...

why can't i get into them? they're amazingly well dressed, by my standards anyways, and they make great videos, and have that new-wave sound i go crazy for, and yet, i just cannot bring myself to like them. reminds me a lot of Fischerspooner in that respect.

anywho...

i'm either "punk", or "alternative", and, well, take your pick. they need one for "new-wave" though, don't you think? i'd get that, easily.
  • Cap'n Quack%s's Photo
    Classic rock! Without you the other genres wouldn't exist! You are the raw and original sound of rock! Other genres may try to imitate your rawness, but they can never be like you!
  • OhioCoasteRFreaK36%s's Photo
    Numetal... You make some good stuff! The other genres don't really like you but you reach the masses with your touching lyrics... Just remember it isn't all about fame...

I got the Linkin Park picture that is awesome!
  • jhoffa%s's Photo
    "you don't like rock" was what i got.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading