Related Games / Roller Coaster Tycoon3 Video

• Blitz%s's Photo
    you are ALL stupid. :p

.rm is standard R eal M edia file.
    quicktime video files are .mov
    .mpeg files (which stands for "Moving Picture Experts Group")are not quicktime based, but are compatible with quicktimes intergrated plugin for most browsers when viewing directly.
    ...though the new format will which will be mpeg-4 will infact be based on quicktime, but that's neither here nor there.
    I PERSONALLY use ultraplayer from ultraplayer.com. It plays anything you want except .mov and .svf

Who ever said it was real media because it pops up as such, note that your computer has real media setup as your default player, and is obviously set to catch all forms of video (except mov which is quicktime exclusive). If you want to change this, you have to tinker with your real media (which is annoying) or go download a more universal player, or if you know your computer is set up, set your bare bones wmp player to catch the files.

and about the vid...
    well, they are doin good with it. Nice.

To tell the truth though, I really wished they'd improve the game engine to be more versatile. You'd be lying if you said you didn't. Being able to branch out creatively is why we even make parks, and any chance to improve your toolset/palette is certainly first priority to me as far as RCT is concerned.
  • Marshy%s's Photo
    That green giga was awsome.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Shouldn't this be in the RCT forum? I guess I'll move it.

And leave it to Atari to release a vid on the week I'm NOT on hi-speed internet (back home on 56K for spring break).

EDIT: Well, I d/l'ed the Windows Media version anyway, and wow. I'm very impressed. Even if you can't create the ultimate unlimited dream park, this will still be really fun. I remember back when I was actually playing scenarios, there was a certain "funness" due to the amateur but inviting nature of the parks created. This reminds me of that, and I think it'll be a great game, even if I can't make Disneyland with it. And if I can, WOW.
  • posix%s's Photo
    Uh, looks exactly like Theme Park World to me.
    And that game sucked.
    I highly doubt I will play this.
  • Blood of Mortal Angel%s's Photo

[font="tahoma"]Uh, looks exactly like Theme Park World to me.
    And that game sucked.
    I highly doubt I will play this.[/font]

The difference between them is STP/TPW looked bad visually. This is eye candy. Maybe you're to stuck in your beliefs that you don't notice anything.

Remember also; the "good people" *stresses the good uncomfortably* at Atari arn't genius park builders - get an NE parkmaker doing the designing and first impressions will quickly change. Those are made for the average bozo consumer with little realisation of the games large fanbase.
  • posix%s's Photo

The difference between them is STP/TPW looked bad visually. This is eye candy.

By any means, it's not.

That NE people can make it look better is possibly true but 3D games are not made for looks. They are made for fun. Look at the variety of trees LL offers. 2D games' graphic has to care for detail. 3D for smoothness and light effects. I wouldn't be surprised if you can't even landscape in RCT3 in the first place. Trees are probably coming out "automatically".
  • Alpengeist%s's Photo
    do ya think we will still be able to stack objects and create custom ones?
  • thorpedo%s's Photo
    Custom ones, definetely not.
  • Tech Artist%s's Photo
    Hmmm I really liked what I saw, maybe this game will be better than what was previously thought. I just hope they have what I wanted(plus more if possible) in this and it will be very good.
  • Toon%s's Photo

Custom ones, definetely not.

I wouldn't be so quick to say that. From what I see, there is much evidence that the game is still based on a square grid building system and there is also evidence of architectural scenery and scenery stacking. It would seem logical that the easiest way to program this is having scenery plug-in to the game not be hard programmed. This would make it very probable that someone could create an editor to create custom scenery from 3d models. However, anyone creating good scenery would now have to be proficient with a 3d program. Still, I wouldn't write off the possibility just yet.

As for the screens, I'm seeing signs of hope for this game. The game looks smooth and it may be fun. As for creative freedom, that still remains to be seen and I still haven't seen evidence of an isometric view to build in.
  • Roomie%s's Photo
    The game looks to be exactly what most people wanted. RCT in 3d. the grid system seems to be the same (from what i can see). the game looks really good in 3d. Just the camera panning past that brown arrow and the nemesis style corkscrew are enough to make me drool :)

If u look at the screen shots the one with the batwing style inversion shows a castle which looks to be built from stacked scenery. The only thing that i cant see yet is single square landscaping. :S
  • bctrainers%s's Photo
    The files at thrillnetwork basically ate up all of the servers bandwidth and the files are now bing mirrored here:

Real Player Version (9.54MB)
    http://www.nicksvide.../rct3/RCT3D.mpg

Windows Media Player Version (3.57MB)
    http://www.nicksvide.../rct3/RCT3D.wmv
  • Evil WME%s's Photo
    i´m loving it.
  • Rhynos%s's Photo
    To be honest, this almost reminds me of simtheme park © meets jimmy neutron © people-wise, which im not a fan of. ill judge this more carefully when ive got the game, im sorta ify on this release since nothin really spartks at me except 3d and onride pov. someone, please tell me why this isnt making me jump about with joy when i see this, and no, no stupid sarcastic answers either.
  • guljam%s's Photo
    that is crazy good!
    but It will don't sweet
  • Richie%s's Photo
    If it is possible to stack scenery, i hope its in the RCT/RCT2 view. Can you immagine trying to build a single building, keep having to swing the view around. Im still annoyed that its going 3d, i would rather have the same old view with extra coasters, flats, a way to fine tune coaster, with launched modes, and other modes for everything. A way to smooth out odd peices of track that never look right in RCT/RCT2..

Oh well, i hope i get to play a demo before it is relesed, otherwise i wont buy it.
  • guljam%s's Photo

If it is possible to stack scenery, i hope its in the RCT/RCT2 view. Can you immagine trying to build a single building, keep having to swing the view around. Im still annoyed that its going 3d, i would rather have the same old view with extra coasters, flats, a way to fine tune coaster, with launched modes, and other modes for everything. A way to smooth out odd peices of track that never look right in RCT/RCT2..

Oh well, i hope i get to play a demo before it is relesed, otherwise i wont buy it.

I agree. maybe RCT3 is very high req.
  • Coasterking2k%s's Photo
    Yeah, that video is all well and good IF YOU'RE A MEMBER OF THE FUCKING FORUMS!

I'm not, i tried signing up on these shit school computers and the code won't show for me to enter. Seems a bit ignorant to make people sign up to see it......
  • Raven-SDI%s's Photo
    Hello.

I still can't see the god damn thing...
    Someone shoot me.

Plat
    §Æ§

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading