Related Games / RCT3 Preview

• Zephyr%s's Photo
    http://archive.games...astertycoon3pc/

I didn't see any remarkable / new screens, but there is some new information. Here are the most important pieces I picked out:

"The development team is angling for minimum system requirements of a P3 733 with a 3D accelerator capable of hardware T&L (that means a GeForce 2 or better.) "

"With the 3D engine, the game has moved away from a strict grid structure, so you can easily modify terrain (even underneath existing rides) or backgrounds to suit your taste."

"The same simple "point-and-click to add a track section" building interface is used, but it works even better in 3D because you can swivel around to see the coaster from any angle as you build. You can even build it in first person, "riding" along the track and adding pieces as you go. And because it's in 3D, more options for curves and banking are available."

So, relatively low system requirements, no more grid-based system, and more options for track pieces. It looks pretty cartoony, but doesn't sound half bad.

EDIT: Also found this on IGN.

http://gamestore.ign.....uct_id=645715

Presale for 30 bucks, which isn't too bad for a new game.
  • Drew%s's Photo
    There are screens...

Screens
  • Tech Artist%s's Photo
    Ahhh how cute.......lol.
    Those bright green trees in that one screen bother the hell out of me.
  • Aeroglobe%s's Photo
    The screens look good, but I'm worried about the game getting really laggy, like The Sims does sometimes, and the file sizes might end up being huge. Also, the only real problem that I have is they didn't really capture the shadows quite right, which is a whole lot worse when you don't do it in 3D than in 2D

But, the peeps finally have ages, faces, styles, genders, etc., which is really cool. And, the entertainers are going to be tight!

Aérôglòbe Posted Image
  • Rhynos%s's Photo
    What it is really gonna bother me is if they make rides "themed" like in SimTheme Park. *shivers at the thought* Also, the figures and most everything else looks too blocky, what i mean is, if their gonna release a nexgen coaster-them park management game, then at least make it look "round" or something unlike what was new 5 years ago.
  • John%s's Photo
    The tracks/rides look okay, the rest looks like shit. :(
    I'm not sure my computer would even be able to handle something like that.
    I can't play Sims or anything of that nature because of the requirements.
  • cBass%s's Photo
    I can't wait to strap this guy into the front seat of my suicide-launch-into-the-cliff LIM and sit next to him to watch his face as we rocket to our fiery virtual death.

So yeah I'm getting some ideas.
  • Turtleman%s's Photo
    Posted Image

I like these peeps though. I think I'll miss them. Cute fat little people.
  • Dixi%s's Photo
    Topscan anybody?

Nice center piece, landscaping, formed architecture, raised rides.

Weeeeee.

Lots of stuff.

Man, every thing they release about this game just makes me want it more! :( I cant wait to build an Alton Towers Rec in this babeh.
  • Richie%s's Photo
    It looks ok, but still doesnt impress me much, apart from that awsome inverter (yummy)

This is my thought...
    Posted Image

Why cant they make a realistic looking theme park sim. I think its great that they have made a mondial top scan, i love em (samuri @ thorpe park) but did they really have to theme it like a spider? 8@
  • posix%s's Photo
    I find the screens terrible, honestly.
    LL looks better than that.
  • cBass%s's Photo
    Thanks for the specifics, Posix.

Anyway, I'm pretty excited by the screens. Granted, it doesn't look anything like what we're used to, but that's kind of the point. The park(s) in the screens were put together hastily, and highlight some of the goofier aspects of the new game. But if you look past that you can see the possibilities for incredible atmospheres and a whole new way of making parks. For example, it suddenly matters what's on the inside of all those buildings we make. Think of the detail you can add to a coaster station to create that adrenaline-pumping feeling as the train pulls away. Think of the new approach to path theming now that it can be viewed from every angle (especially ground level) and not just from above.

Anyone who can't see the potential here isn't using their imagination.
  • Richie%s's Photo
    Its not just lack of immaginatation... a spider themed top scan DAMMIT!!!
  • JKay%s's Photo
    I have very mixed feelings about this. For the most park I dont like it. I do like the first person coaster views and the fact that it is completely 3D, allowing you to view your park from any angle.

But those peeps man,....green hair, afros.....I guess its good to see diversity but to me it feels like you've stepped into a seen from Who Framed Roger Rabbit.....I'm also worried about the smoothness of the graphics, to me it looks like that SimTheme Park game which was gawd awful. But mainly, I think this will destroy the artistic approach to the game. It appears that the rides come fully themed. That really sucks. The best thing about the current versions are you can take a generic looking ride and theme it any way you want. This looks like you simply pick the ride and place it, themed and everything....that doesnt' require much artistic talent. Likewise, I'm concerned about lack of custom scenery. The beauty of the current games is that you can create something completely orginal with numerous objects, and I dont see that happening here. Anyway, maybe I'm being prejudice about it, it deserves a chance....but I'm worried..... :(
  • Janus%s's Photo
    I saw this at rct2.com...

RollerCoaster Tycoon creator Chris Sawyer isn't working directly on the game, but it is being developed by his friend, David Braben, and Braben's studio, Frontier Developments. Braben and his team are certainly familiar with the series, because they worked on the two expansion packs for RollerCoaster Tycoon 2.

:rolleyes:
  • jon%s's Photo
    It is a very good idea for the game but it's more like Theme Park World than RCT. I can't see this game supporting custom scenery and the ride ideas are shit. Sure if custom rides and scenery can be used in this game, I will buy it but if it really is just like those screens, I won't waste the money.
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    I'm not that critical here. This game will definitely be a fresh look to the series. If you don't like it, fine. Stick with RCT 2 and 1. However, I think the game can be really fun. I'm concerned about the amount of building blocks that will be available, as well as any ride and scenery limits, but I think this could still be a really fun thing to explore. You won't be able to do what you have been doing, but I'm sure skilled people can come up with new things.

I'm very hopeful here, and I think this is a HUGE improvement over WW and TT. Great job so far!
  • Richie%s's Photo

I'm very hopeful here, and I think this is a HUGE improvement over WW and TT.  Great job so far!

Im sure thats one thing NO one will dissagree with. I hope that scenery stacking will be here, and to me it looks like the raise/lower land feature will be as good and better. At the moment i dont know if i like it or not ???
  • Panoramical%s's Photo
    I'm really looking forward to this now. The inverter looks amazing. I can now see signs of being able to build custom buildings too. The explanation GS gave was also good, and now I have a flavour of how the game will work. I'm not an rct naturalist (*cough*posix*cough*), so I like the screens. Some of them look a bit bare but I guess that's because the people playing it aren't as good as us!
  • bokti%s's Photo
    :D fuck that shit..

take away the intense freedom to personalize your park and there won't be a need to show off your parks because there will hardly be anything engaging and distinguishable enough to even try to.. trying to share RCT3 parks on NE would suddenly make this place like the RCT2.com forii...

the requirements also give insight into just how lame the game will probably be. you can probably have fun with a park of a small scale, but if you were to expand that tiny ass thing in the screenshots into the scale of your average RCT1/2 park, it would make your processor's ass bleed in agony. mine and Chauncey's, anyway (did you know that Chauncey is poor?).

and can you imagine trying a hand at hacking that game? it would make feel not unlike the way i felt when Ello decided to discuss her menstrual cycles in detail.

but the constraints will certainly make people [Corkscrewed and Posix] attempt to use coaster track and shit as scenery and churn out a park or two, and i'll be there to make fun of it guys.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading