Related Games / RCT3 Preview

• Ablaze%s's Photo
    LL, not a fan of any others.
  • TheGuardian%s's Photo
    thinking about it. its still early to me. but really come on with that stupid exit and entrance's, the classic RCT entrance would do fine. i notice the queves, are too boxy as well as the paths. most of the rides are missing supports in major stress points. better use of scenery would be nice, such as the ability to build our own stations over the generic one. theme'd attractions are fine, so long as they're only a limited amount of them. not everyone of them HAS to be.

I'm also wondering if the swinging ship has to be that high, or maybe its an example of you can raise scenery and rides.
  • Disney Freak%s's Photo

Its not just lack of immaginatation... a spider themed top scan DAMMIT!!!

They said there will be 5 themes, and that you would be able to change rides to normal themes!
  • Richie%s's Photo

They said there will be 5 themes, and that you would be able to change rides to normal themes!

This has to be better than hearing about RCT going 3D!! Party time, yea comon, WOOO!
  • lizzard98%s's Photo
    Well... I'm willing to TRY it, but if it's as sucky as it's starting to look, well... *microwave explodes in background*
  • lizzard98%s's Photo
    [QUOTE]but if it's as sucky as it's starting to look[QUOTE]

if you know what i mean
  • Panoramical%s's Photo
    Not sure if this is of interest, but the trailer is here: http://media.pc.ign.....html?fromint=1

not worth a new topic!
  • RCT_Master%s's Photo
    I'm willing to give it a shot! Some of the things are a great oppertunity, others just suck! The swinging inverter ship looks good, and the 1st person views are awesome, but I'm not sure about the paths and the afros and hair and the people all look gay. The entrances to the rides are like a teleporter or something. What the hell is that? This is RCT3D people, not RCT1 with 0 oppertunity. Could the stations be any smaller. I hate that station. Couldn't it be like a real station where they get in 1 line for each car of the train? 8@
  • Metropole%s's Photo
    Loadsa new screens:

http://www.jeuxvideo...images_3173.htm

I think it looks amazing. Peeps hold their faces if they aren't enjoying a ride, but hold their hands in the air if they are. There's loassa coaster, and RCT2 style architecture. Landscaping looks smoother and coaster design looks similar.

The only problem is the "unsmoothness" of the track in places. It was a problem in RCT1 and 2, but in 3D, it's enphasised more.

Metro B)
  • tyandor%s's Photo
    I'm getting a little bit more confidence in the game. I don't know if I saw it correctly, but I think one of the picture shows a Skycoaster. If you look closely to the screen you'll see many similarities with rct2.
  • Kevin%s's Photo
    I'm starting to like it more and more. I do wish the coasters were a little more smoother, but it looks like a really fun game to play.
  • Toon%s's Photo
    There is a definite increase in the number of flat rides. My main concern is that is looks like a good sim game, but I don't know how it will translate to a parkmakers perspective. The game looks fun, but not creatively stimulating. Just my opinion.
  • Oneofakind0490%s's Photo
    Those pics make me want to have the game so much more now. THey have the S&S Thrillshot in the screen with the Hypersonic type coaster.
  • sfgadv02%s's Photo
    The 4D doesnt look too bad.....
  • penguinBOB%s's Photo
    but the train is backwards... 8@

Interesting to say the least. I know one thing though, I'll be buying it.
  • Themeparkmaster%s's Photo
    Toons hit the nail on the head I feel.

I think alot of people (including myself) will buy it to play the scenarios rather than use it in an artistic way as we do with LL and RCT2. I can't see a spotlight ever being produced in this game, although I'll probably be made to eat my words one day.
  • deanosrs%s's Photo
    I think whether or not it can be used for parkmaking as we know it depends on the architectural system as that's what has always seperated rct from other games. Hopefully, it will be similar to rct2... I fear it will be sort of like that, but much more basic - ie, much bigger building blocks etc.
  • Roomie%s's Photo
    Heya guys
    I reckon they are doing damn well so far. With an xmas release that gives them plenty of time to iron out stuff and i expect maybe a slip or 2 anyway. heres my thoughts

Good
    Can u imagine walking along a wide path and over a bridge where u can look up and see a looper train dive under the bridge and pull a cobra roll like Kumba. while behind that one of eds mine trains winds round a mountain top and one of foozys O&B woodies dissapears off into the trees....

Get this game right and we have a classic on our hands,..... get it wrong and its just tpw2...
    but im encouraged so far

Bad
    the only major worry is the lack of evidence for any precise ground manipulation tools.

The game will hinge much on the archetecture control too. If just If they pull this off we havbe a game of the year :)....

The game looks like RCT 2 in 3d. even the grid system is in evidence and very little else seems different.

just time to sit back and wait i feel.
  • Mayerle%s's Photo
    Personally in the end I think that everyone will find it too cartoony for parkmaking. And look at image number 4. I love how the supports on the woodie just randomly end.
  • Disney Freak%s's Photo

Personally in the end I think that everyone will find it too cartoony for parkmaking. And look at image number 4. I love how the supports on the woodie just randomly end.

If that was the case no one here would be playing RCT2!

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading