Related Games / Will you buy RCT3D?

Will you buy RCT3D?

• RCT_Master%s's Photo
    I wanna know wheather you will or won't buy Roller Coaster Tycoon 3D.
    (I will.)
  • Magnus%s's Photo
    as i sayed in a different topic i'm of the opion taht rct3 isn't that good. so i'm not sure wheather i buy it or not, but if it coasts 45€ it too much i think and i won't buy it.
  • posix%s's Photo
    I made the mistake to buy RCT2. I won't do that again.
  • tyandor%s's Photo

[font="tahoma"]I made the mistake to buy RCT2. I won't do that again.[/font]

And... what's wrong with RCT 2? Complaints about the expansions of it are understandable.
  • Nic%s's Photo
    Oh dear.

You don't know what Posix thinks of RCT2 do you?
  • natelox%s's Photo
    I won't. One, there is no way my computer could run it, and two, it doesn't look that good.
  • Tech Artist%s's Photo
    Ya I would just cause it looks pretty cool.
    I am hoping that Custom scenery can still be used and theres an Intamin Rocket Coaster with inversions.
  • OhioCoasteRFreaK36%s's Photo

Ya I would just cause it looks pretty cool.
    I am hoping that Custom scenery can still be used and theres an Intamin Rocket Coaster with inversions.

Doubt it we got a Giga coaster but it couldnt loop so Colossus was a NO. Sure i will get it.
  • Rct Flame%s's Photo
    If you go into it thinking that RCT3 is supposed to be a "better-ing" of RCT2, than of course you are going to be dissapointed.

RCT3, while carrying the rct name, is a totally differen't game. It isn't supposed to be the RCT2 to RCT, it is it's own little entity.

When you think about it, the bad part of simcoaster and such weren't necc. the graphics. Sure, they weren't good, but the game was just boring and repetitive...and the guest interaction wasn't great.
    RCT3 has better graphics (while not way better), but it will have tons of REALISTIC type coasters, and way better guest interaction. I personally can't wait to buy it.
  • Metropole%s's Photo

RCT3, while carrying the rct name, is a totally differen't game. It isn't supposed to be the RCT2 to RCT, it is it's own little entity

I couldn't disagree more. It looks just like RCT2...but in 3D. It seems that there is the same style of architecture building. Also, coaster design is the same....but in 3D of course (or 1st person builder) Landscaping looks similar, but smoother (more cartoony?) as does pathing and shops/stalls. However, it does look slightly less geared towards parkmaking, and more geared towards guest pleasing. But then again, RCT1 and 2 were made for guests/scenarios were they not?

Metro B)
  • Turtleman%s's Photo
    I don't think the point of rct3 is to make parks and show off to everyone here. I think it is actually something to enjoy. There is no way you could build in the styles that everyone uses today. I really doubt anyone would build in this game to make parks to show other people. Just play for the fun of it.
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    i aint buying it. i just feel i got all i need in RCT2 and dont see a reason to get another game.
  • Loopy%s's Photo
    I might buy it i not sure though because rct2 and rct have everything i would need anyway. This just looks more like a console game than anything
  • JKay%s's Photo

[font="tahoma"]I made the mistake to buy RCT2. I won't do that again.[/font]

wtf!....RCT2 is the hottest thing next to LL....true the expansions sucked, but it has just as much, if not more artistic potential than LL....

...as far as "RCT3D - ont' buy it" - ....I wont be buying for several reasons: 1. From has been shown, it has no artistic value that the earlier versions and 2. cause my computer wont' handle it, and I aint buyin' a new computer just for that.... :D
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    Maybe.

I won't be buying it unless the community seems to show some kind of magical ability to turn it into an art from (like the first 2) or otherwise it isn't worth the money. Used to really enjoy beating the levels over and over, pleasing the guests in different ways. But now I find catering to the little fools is more work that it's worth. I still play with them once in a very great wile (like twice a year) just to remind myself of what the game was origanally.

I guess I can sum it up in two words "Probably Not"

ride6
  • Ablaze%s's Photo

I made the mistake to buy RCT2. I won't do that again.

This a first? I am actually agreeing with you?!
    Yup, well said though.
  • MachChunk 3%s's Photo
    So you're not gonna buy RCT2 again? I thought you only need one copy to play it...
  • yeshli2nuts%s's Photo
    hell yeah im buying this. i am also a rollercoaster enthusiast so i didnt buy RCT or RCT2 for the "artistic" values it has, i bought it because it looked like an awesome rollercoaster game. this is even better so even if there isnt the "parkmaking" options the previous two had, its still a hell of a lot of fun to run your own amusement park and to actually get to ride your rides in first person veiw.
  • gir%s's Photo
    Hello, yeshli2nuts. I'm a coaster enthusiast, which means I'm not allowed to play the game for artistic values. :|

RCT3 will be a waste of money. NL and RCTGL are far superior, despite the fact that RCTGL isn't even completed!
  • yeshli2nuts%s's Photo

Hello, yeshli2nuts. I'm a coaster enthusiast, which means I'm not allowed to play the game for artistic values. :|

RCT3 will be a waste of money. NL and RCTGL are far superior, despite the fact that RCTGL isn't even completed!

i dont get it, are you trying to be a smartass or what? i had RCT1, CF, LL and RCT2 and i didnt start getting into parkmaking untill RCT2. i loved playing the games before i started doing "parkmaking" so im saying even if RCT3 doesnt have the "artistic" gameplay the first two had, that doesnt mean it wont be a really fun game to play.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading