(Archive) Advertising District / Disney's Lost Empire

• mantis%s's Photo
    I'll never like the way parades like that glitch through the paths, but unless you do the hover hack I can't see a way around it.

Nice building in the centre, if I may say so.
  • Turtleman%s's Photo
    Try making the station an invert and hacking it onto a coaster track and then just lowering the ground. It will look a lot better if you did that. If you don't know how to hack, you could just instant message me and I could do it for you.

The park looks great btw.
  • Hevydevy%s's Photo
    Back from vacation. Top Thrill Dragster is the most awesome coaster on the planet

Time for an update.

The Hollywood Tower Hotel

Travel down glimmering Sunset Blvd., and come across a beautiful hotel straight from the Hollywood days of yesteryear. The Hollywood Tower Hotel is comes complete with The Morning Dew Spa, Midnight Ridge swimming facility, Even Tide Tennis Club, and the Tip Top Club, where you can dance and dine with the Hollywood elite. It’s all here at the Hollywood Tower Hotel.

Click Here for the pics which are in the new Resort District album.

Leave all your comments good and bad.

B)
  • mantis%s's Photo
    That looks wonderful, Hevydevy. You're a master with the trackitecture, especially the wooden corner pieces on those roofs. I like the little wooden half-arch too - stuff like that is cool cos it takes a while to get it right and it's not too showy...just subtly nice.

Great job.
  • Hevydevy%s's Photo
    Bump. Second page with just one comment isn't right. I need feedback.
  • Janus%s's Photo
    Oh, I missed this update. Amazing hotel. Fantastic use of track pieces for architecture, but you can see the inside of a castle-style station in the 2nd screen, and I suppose that isn't intentional.
    Personally, I don't like the very dense trees much, they look a bit too much "filler" to me, but I can't tell from the screens. Maybe do something more fun with the space... I don't know.
  • Silenced%s's Photo

Oh, I missed this update. Amazing hotel. Fantastic use of track pieces for architecture, but you can see the inside of a castle-style station in the 2nd screen, and I suppose that isn't intentional.
    Personally, I don't like the very dense trees much, they look a bit too much "filler" to me, but I can't tell from the screens. Maybe do something more fun with the space... I don't know.

I second that entire statement.
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    I particularly love the first screen, it's genius.

The second screen is nice, but doesn't shout out to me as being amazing.

Good work though...
  • Hevydevy%s's Photo
    Much better.

To Mr. d4rkj4anu5 the trees are very dense, and are filler, but they are used somewhat sparingly, and the visible castle piece is just something I hoped no one would notice. Lots of good parkmakers leave open pieces like that. I though it would be okay just this time. ;)
  • Hevydevy%s's Photo
    Quick Update. There's a new pic of the twin lobbies on display. Hopefully, I'll get a few more comments this time.

Forgot the link: Here you go.

B)
  • rctfreak2000%s's Photo
    Your entire "GIMME COMMENTS NOW NOW NOW!!!" thing is starting to annoy me. Stop asking for them and let people comment when they want to.

The screens are ok, but I don't really think RCT is really a good way of building large buildings. Rides like those require the detail inside, something that the engine in RCT is unable to provide. Therefore people just don't get the full effect. I guess I like it, but I'm on the fence.
  • mantis%s's Photo
    Freak - he's being polite about it, which is more than can be said for your complaint...

I like the wires holding the bushes like that, and I appreciate the time that goes into constructing a building that cool. Nice work.
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    I like it all aside from the glity parade, everything looks very good. You are extreminly underated, Devy and this park could change that. :yup:

ride6
  • Hevydevy%s's Photo
    Freak pointed out one of the important points RCT2, the possibility of incredible detail. It is true that RCT2 make better large buildings such as hotels, but since I am not yet at a level of being comfortable in RCT2 I build my hotels in RCT1. Sorry.

To Mr. ride6: The parade has been fixed.
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    Yay. With that out of the way this park is really too good for how much it's overlooked. When Toon and Corkscrewed can get 3 pages for saying "this is still coming along" and it takes this 9-10 screens to do the same it's not right.

Nice work and good luck with this and H2HX.

ride6
  • Hevydevy%s's Photo
    Update:

Work on the waterpark has been going quite nicely. Two of Three resorts are done, and I'm in the ending season of construction in general. I want to get the park completely advertised before I release the entire resort, so here's a new section.

Journeys In Fantasia

The world of music comes alive in a way never seen. The Socerer's Apprentice Fountain is the center piece of this whimsical world. Travel the streets of New York on Rhapsody in Blue, or travel into the lair o the menacing Chernabog on "A Night On Bald Mountain" (I know its Cliche, but I couldn't resist.) Welcome to the world of the universal language, music.

Click Here for pics.

B)
  • artist%s's Photo
    [font="Optima"]The fantasia screens are amazing, i love the broomsticks.
    I have been viewing this park for some time now and i must say im looking forward to the release, i dunno why but this park has some strange effect on me.[/font]
  • GuestSU182%s's Photo

Back from vacation. Top Thrill Dragster is the most awesome coaster on the planet

Time for an update.

The Hollywood Tower Hotel

Travel down glimmering Sunset Blvd., and come across a beautiful hotel straight from the Hollywood days of yesteryear. The Hollywood Tower Hotel is comes complete with The Morning Dew Spa, Midnight Ridge swimming facility, Even Tide Tennis Club, and the Tip Top Club, where you can dance and dine with the Hollywood elite. It’s all here at the Hollywood Tower Hotel.

Click Here for the pics which are in the new Resort District album.

B)

Nice you made the fake Hollywood Tower Hotel Into a real live hotel without any thunderstroms, No Hollywood Tower Hotel is complete without a sign on the bottom and the top. How did you know the ways to make an actuall hollywood tower hotel.

P.S. There is an actuall Hollywood Tower Hotel near the freeway that leads to Universal Studios Hollywood.
  • Hevydevy%s's Photo

Nice you made the fake Hollywood Tower Hotel Into a real live hotel without any thunderstroms,  No Hollywood Tower Hotel is complete without a sign on the bottom and the top. How did you know the ways to make an actuall hollywood tower hotel.

I'm not sure what you're talking about, but if your asking how I built the hotel, it took a lot of time, a lot of conscentration, and a lot of haccking. I drew out the entire hotel, and grounds before I even started building. I hope I answered your question.
  • mantis%s's Photo
    Great character in these screens. I really like that film, so it will be interesting to see your take on it (vTd's was nice, but unfortunately brief). This whole project seems to really be taking shape.

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading