(Archive) Advertising District / Disney's Lost Empire

• Hevydevy%s's Photo
    Thanks for all the comments.

Regarding all the comments that say it doesn't look Disney. I know. I wanted the entrance to be the exact opposite of the rest of the park. Not that much detail, kind of a generic theme, dull color. Trust me, the rest of the park will be diffrent.

Anyways, over the week I got a few little details done, and the park is almost finished. Now time to move over to the resort map. So far I have one resort planned, and construction has begun. It's simply called the Neverland Resort & Spa, and its only now being built so screens won't be coming for a while. (*Something to look forward to) Well its time to reveal a new area like I proomised, so here we go.

Wonderland

To the left of Empire Cove we find a world unlike any other, where every day is an un-birthday, and always are the queens ways. Have tea with the Mad Hatter at the Mad Tea Room, or take an aireal tour with the Chesire Kat. Almost everything is possible, and anything certainly is. (A little Wonderland speak for you) The link will take you to two new pics of Wonderland, and also the old pics of Empire Cove. The first pic is of the Chesire Tree which serves as the station for the Cheshire Kat's Treetop Tours. The second is of the White Rabbit's house, and garden, which he has turned into a restaurant dubbed The White Rabbit's Veggie Table.

Click Here for the screens.

Leave all your comments good and bad.

B)
  • Leighx%s's Photo
    there not all too bad screens.
    but the screen, Wonderland 1 looks a little ugly with all that green track use other different shades of green, and try not to make it look so messy.
    :et:
  • Janus%s's Photo
    Wow, I like the round (?) monorail station, the tree supports, the custom plants, the colours, the roof of the clock shop with chimney, basically everything. This is more like the creativity in your high rollers than the previous screen, which I like. Really cool, my only complaints would be that I don't think the blue and pink flowers works very well together, and that you are using webshots. Would it be possible for you to find a better host?
  • mantis%s's Photo
    Amazing, HevyDevy. Your hacking is so good, and the colours all come together wonderfully.

I imagine I will be exploring this park with a broad smile on my face when it's released - great stuff!
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    Looks like something that will be a joy to spend hours exploring. Can't wait devy.

Just finish the park, please. :D

ride6
  • Turtle%s's Photo
    I think the park looks beautiful so far, and the theming in Wonderland is perfectly over the top. Love it.
  • Corkscrew%s's Photo
    Nice looking park, Hevydevy. I just love those side friction awings build thru the wooden paths, great idea IMO. Wonderland's great too btw, that Monorail makes me think of all those McMonkey MCBean's and Unusual Driving Machines of all those IOA recreations. However, I have to agree with Leighx that it's sometimes a bit messy in that area with all those colurfull buildings and types of paths, but hey, it's a wacky fantasy-like zone, so nevermind about that.

Keep it up :p
  • Hevydevy%s's Photo
    Thanks for all the comments.

I've begun work on the Neverland Resort and Spa, and have planned out the two other maps that will be going with the park. I will be releasing more information about those in every major update. In the meantime I've posted another pic. This one is of the Queen's castle, and her tower. Though the Tower of Hearts is not the certerpiece for the park I still wanted to make one so I made it a little smaller so it didn't stand out so much. The castle itself is a restaurant called the Queen of Heart's Banquet Hall, which has The Queen's Way, a top spin, in the courtyard whith Alice's Curious Labrynth (sp?) surrounding it. Enjoy.

Click Here for the pics.

B)
  • mantis%s's Photo
    Labyrinth, I think.

You're not afraid to mix textures, path types etc which is great - especially the checks under the wooden roofs. The water going underneath that bridge part is a nice touch.

The other two maps sound like they'll be fun - keep us updated, won't you? Great work :)
  • gymkid dude%s's Photo
    you rock!

I really like the castle of hearts, the golf stations next to the house are too orange and blocky, though. I love the tree in the monorail screen though!
  • Ride6%s's Photo
    um, wow. The colors are wonderful. I've always wondered why more people don't use the purple goust trains... Although I've never done it myself. Really, really cool shit man. The big tower on the right in the screen is a bit large and blocky but if there is some variation around the base, I can live with it.

ride6
  • Hevydevy%s's Photo
    I haven't been updating lately, but now I'm back and working in full force. My Webshots stopped working for some reason so I had to make a new album. The pic's captions are less informative then they were before. This is basically a major BUMP before I make a large update.

As always Here's the link.

B)
  • super rich%s's Photo
    Good work its looking nice,
    Your latest screen wonderland 3 i think has been overdone a bit too much with the tileing.
    I like the hack you have used in wonderland 1 but looks a little overcrowded.
    Overall i think this is loking very nice and you have used scenery and objects well. :)
  • Hevydevy%s's Photo
    Thanks for all the comments. Disney's Lost Empire park is now completely done with it's last ride put in over the weekend. I also had a little spare time, and planned out all of Downtown Disney. The second resort out of three has also been planned. The Hollywood Tower Hotel will take you back to classic Hollywood luxury, and will give you all the commodities of today in a old time setting. It will combine architectural aspects of both the east coast and west coast HTHs and will have the traditional 13 floors, with theTip Top club on the thirteenth. Note: this is not a ride. I wanted to build what I envisioned was the HTH before its little accident. It will turn out great. Time to reveal a new section. Since posts seem to be coming in a little slower, and I'm working a little slower I've decided to make updates a little smaller, after this one, but don't worry, they won't stop.

Warrior's Glen

Travel back to a time of knights and ladies, duels and chivarly. A time when wizards both good and bad patrolled the kingdom, and festivals of all shapes and sizes were daily advents. Warrior's Glen is broken into four sub-sections. The entrance, Sword in the Stone Square, The Feastival of Fools, and Nottingham. Pic 1 comes from Sword in the Stone Square. It shows the station and a pinch of the layout of Toil-n-Trouble: Madam Mihm vs. Merlin. They are dueling flyers and the headline coasters of the area if not the park. Pic 2 is Prince John's castle which holds the station for Robin Hood's Great Escape; S&S Launch Towers. Enjoy.

Click Here for the pics.

As always leave your coments good, and bad.
  • mantis%s's Photo
    Wow good job on the flyers - Adix will be proud :D Cool idea with the queue line towers on either side of the station. Excellent station work with the second screen too - nice to see people experimenting with that method of architecture. Not sure about the dirt roofs with brown path on...they look somehow dull and don't fit in with all the battlements etc.

Good work though - i'll be looking at this in depth when you release it cos it looks really interesting.
  • gir%s's Photo
    Ooooo the coasters at Warrior's Glen look sweet. :) The only thing I don't like about them is the whole Dueling Dragons thing. Its been done so many times before, and I think it's time for people to start getting original and make their own layouts. It would really be a challenge but not too many people are up for it I believe.
  • rK_%s's Photo
    wonderland looks excellent, the colors and everything although bright and crazy flow with each other very well, very nice work.
  • Janus%s's Photo
    Wow, that's great. I love the coaster station, really nice with the coaster track stuff and all.
    The freefall tower building is really cool too, with all the ride-station-itecture. Maybe try something else than the brown roofs though, as mantis said, but it's no real problem.

Really looking forward to this park :)
  • Coaster Ed%s's Photo
    Bravo on the architecture Hevydevy. This is really great stuff here.
  • Hevydevy%s's Photo
    Thanks for all the comments. I was so happy about a response from Coaster Ed that I decided to make a small update. The pic is of the Festival of Fools. Expect an update Wed. or Fri. before I go on vacation.

Click Here for the pics.

Leave all your coments good and bad.

B)

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading