(Archive) Place-To-Release-Your-Parks Land / Mach's debut

• laz0rz%s's Photo
    Well, I sent it to RctHub's Premier Parks contest, which got cancelled for there being not enough entries (*hint hint*), I decided to release it myself. This is my first ever finished park, Dream Big: Whippersnapper Lake. It may look cruddy at first, being there is no entrance building, but look around. Here's one screen to look at before the download link.

Posted Image

Download here
  • Iced Tea%s's Photo
    This guy is on your team gym? I feel sorry for you.
  • laz0rz%s's Photo

Did you even download the park yet? Or are you talking about the picture?
  • Steve%s's Photo
    Well, the download doesn't even work, for starters.

And secondly, the park looks terrible. Do you even have a set theme there?
  • laz0rz%s's Photo

Well, the download doesn't even work, for starters.

And secondly, the park looks terrible. Do you even have a set theme there?

Actually, it's just a few random themes around the park.

Geocities doesn't allow hotlinking. Try this and click on parkfinalversion.ZIP.

And I did start the park from a saved scenario. So there's no custom scenery.
  • CoasterForce%s's Photo
    Don't take this personally, but judging by the screen it has no atmosphere at all and it's just a complete mess of themes which don't even come together. Even the individual themes themselves are ugly; it also looks rushed and incomplete. Again, don't take this personally, I'm just pointing out that you need some major improvements to make it good.

And maybe you are just getting into the game. That's good, you're only going to get better.

You should really take a look at some of the NE Spotlights and Runner-Ups to see what I mean by atmoshpere and "flowing" theming. Rivers of Babylon is the best example, but there are several other good RCT2 spotlights, like Wormwood, which achieve that. Not to mention some excellent runner ups.
  • Rct Flame%s's Photo
    Wow, that was a throw back for me, took me back to the time before my first mega park waaaaaaaaay back when I first started playing the original RCT a good 2 or 3 years ago at least. Wow.
  • BchillerR%s's Photo

Dude, what the hell is wrong with you... be nice.

BchillerR
  • laz0rz%s's Photo

And maybe you are just getting into the game.  That's good, you're only going to get better.

You should really take a look at some of the NE Spotlights and Runner-Ups to see what I mean by atmoshpere and "flowing" theming.

Yeah, I've taken a look. I just never knew it/they would help me improve.

Oh well, there's always Dream Big: SSX Style to look at. It has custom scenery and it has "evolved architecture", as some people call it.

And Rct Flame, do you mean that in a good way or a bad way?
  • the_legacy%s's Photo
    This guy is seeded above me in QFTB - X, I feel quite sick.

Anyways, Don't give up you obviously have not developed your skills yet, it will come, just keep enjoying yourself with the game.
  • Zephyr%s's Photo
    Sorry, but everything looks incredibly rushed, like you tried to make a park as fast as you could. How much time did you spend on this?
  • Kumba%s's Photo
    theirs some hope, my first stuff was wosre then that in RCT2.
  • rK_%s's Photo
    dont feel bad, i think everyones 1st few parks look like this, got to rctinnovation.com and see some of austins and indys first parks, they look quite similar.
  • Ride6%s's Photo

And Rct Flame, do you mean that in a good way or a bad way?

Both probably. I like it in the way that is reminds me of old times, when there were no expectations and I just built any way I felt like, that was about 14 months ago. Now I don't like it in the accual material there, it's pretty piss poor. There are some okay theming idea's there and I think you have the potential.

I suggest spending more time on it, time is what really makes the difference. RoB took 9 months and probably something along the lines of 100 hours, WOMB took over a year and (approx) 150 hours. Just think about it.

Better to release after months and have it be excellent then to release a new park every week and have all of them be shit.

ride6
  • catalyst%s's Photo

Oh well, there's always Dream Big: SSX Style to look at. It has custom scenery and it has "evolved architecture", as some people call it.

Hey, you've got balls...which is the primary element in becoming a good designer, regardless of venue. There is a pattern, call it life, some people will offer constructive criticism and encouragement...others, fighting for airspace up someone else's arse, will kick you because they can't see their feet.
  • laz0rz%s's Photo

I suggest spending more time on it, time is what really makes the difference.  RoB took 9 months and probably something along the lines of 100 hours, WOMB took over a year and (approx) 150 hours.  Just think about it.

Yeah, I was definately taking my time, 4 months to be exact.

And here's the link to the Dream Big: SSX Style, if you want to see what I mean.
  • Critic%s's Photo
    oh my god. four months! :o

:p
  • laz0rz%s's Photo

oh my god.  four months! :o

:p

That was because part of it was already built when I started it.

Souldn't this be pinned, since it's a release? Thank you.
  • DarkRideExpert%s's Photo
    AGH!!!
    This guy will be crushed in QFTB-X. It's sad..and ironic. 8@
    4 months and you bring us This?
    One word:
    P-A-T-H-E-T-I-C

It's disgusting... :(X
  • Marshy%s's Photo

This guy will be crushed in QFTB-X.

Are you mad ?

Metro's the one that is gonna get crushed. ;)

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading