Related Games / New RCT3 Video (Fireworks, Animatronics, Flats..)

• iPark%s's Photo
    Hi, Didn't see it posted yet on NE, so just thought I'd let you know there's a new RCT3 video posted at Atari's site.
    It shows *LOADS* of new things; great building (scenery stacking - a huge big palace), a launched coaster in action (looks very fluid and realistic), the suspended coaster, 4D, various onride, a shark jumping out of the water next to a monorail (looks absolutely brilliant), Super Splash rides, an animatronic T-rex, loads of new flat rides (Rockin' Tug, Zipper..), and quite a bit of fireworks (with sound) at the end.

CLICK HERE, then on the left hand side click movies. Go to movie 2. Only the QuickTime video works just now, but it looks great.. the best video so far. Hopefully the Hi-Res will be up soon!

Enjoy.
  • Disney Freak%s's Photo
    Can you say COOL?

This is brilliant! AAs fireworks! The whole package! :scarface: This is one game I'm definetly buying!
  • Steve%s's Photo
    That corkscrew coaster going over the path looked fucking sweet.

Can't wait for this thing to come out.
  • penguinBOB%s's Photo
    it'd be cool if you could actually drive one of the go karts...
  • Meretrix%s's Photo
    I have to hurry up with Phantasia, because when this game comes out, I won't ever go back to RCT2 (same as when RCT2 came out, I dropped LL.)

This thing just keeps getting better and better.
  • Disney Freak%s's Photo

I have to hurry up with Phantasia, because when this game comes out, I won't ever go back to RCT2

Oh, I can only imagine your work in 3D! :0
  • w33maniac%s's Photo
    K........... :0
  • PymGuy%s's Photo
    It looks amazing, I can't wait for this game to come out.
  • Toon%s's Photo
    Yes, this could be a busy summer trying to wrap up all the projects I have underway. Every video seems to improve on the last and Atari seems to be releasing releasing glimpses of new content at the right pace. I'm going to guess that some of the water rides will be in the next trailer, but I'm sure we haven't seen all the flat rides yet either. No complaints here, this looks like a new and exciting game and I can't wait to get my hands on it and see what it can do. The only drawback is that there will be so much more to making parks once you throw night time, and 3d into the mix. If I can't finish anything now, how will I then?!?
  • Metropole%s's Photo

Yes, this could be a busy summer trying to wrap up all the projects I have underway.  Every video seems to improve on the last and Atari seems to be releasing releasing glimpses of new content at the right pace.  I'm going to guess that some of the water rides will be in the next trailer, but I'm sure we haven't seen all the flat rides yet either.  No complaints here, this looks like a new and exciting game and I can't wait to get my hands on it and see what it can do.  The only drawback is that there will be so much more to making parks once you throw night time, and 3d  into the mix.  If I can't finish anything now, how will I then?!?

Not to mention Toon, that there will be the added distraction of always wanting to ride your rides, thus making you build for less time. I already do that in RCT2, it will be much worse in 3!
  • Corkscrewed%s's Photo
    Dayam! This will take forever to make a good large park... I guess I'll stick to smaller projects, at least at first. I told you this would be a great game! :p I love the animatronic theming and stuff too.
  • Jellybones%s's Photo
    Hmm...I have a sneaking suspicion that building mega parks in this game will be COMPLETELY changed. This game is going to be much, much tougher to hack than the first two. Should be interesting to see what people make here.
  • Toon%s's Photo
    Confirmation, that the fireworks shows can be custom made and themed to music of your choice. Ride and park music will also be able to be imported mp3's. Now the atmosphere is not just visual but audial as well. Just another layer to add to the already daunting looking task of creating a 3d mega park.
  • cBass%s's Photo
    My favorite book, Infinite Jest, is about a film cartridge that is so engaging and addictive that people will just watch it over and over, not eating, not sleeping, just sitting there drooling and shitting themselves until they die of dehydration.

This kinda reminds me of that.
  • deanosrs%s's Photo
    wtf.

I need this...

Hacking will be harder... but also less necessary because this game has so many more options. I'll be kept happy with a zero clearances hack I reckon, there's already a launched coaster in there TTD style. I won't be starting another full size solo after port haven...
  • mantis%s's Photo
    Woah. Well this seals it - I definitely need to get myself a laptop for uni, cos this computer won't run it.

Can't wait.
  • Metropole%s's Photo
    Lots of stuff has been revealed.

The release date is November 2004. The same release date for Every country in the world! Woot.

Here are some pics of fireworks:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

It is revealed that you can create your own fireworks shows and make them go in time to music of your choice (even mp3's you have on your computer) And you can send your firework shows to others, just like it was a ride. Furthermore, you can add you own music to rides around your parks....and you can have speakers to play the music in queue lines and stuff.

Also, there are coaster cam videos of 4 of the rollercoasters on the RCT3 official website. It shows on a steel twist that you can have large corkscrews! woot. Which in turn, makes cobra rolls look SO much better.

Yikes
  • Turtleman%s's Photo
    Omg. Those coasters look great.
  • mantis%s's Photo
    Incredible coaster cam videos. But they don't half build crap layouts :p
  • digicub%s's Photo
    have you all seen the new official RCT3 site?

http://www.atari.com...on/us/index.php

Tags

• No Tags

Members Reading